Note 5 Battery life thread

Palladium65

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here running the official Cambodia Marshmallow update for the Note 5 ?

I've just flashed it on my N920C in SA

Running pretty good so far

Will see how the battery does

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Y'all are going to iOS just because of the battery in the Note 5? Yikes...

Did you actually read what I posted, in a straight forward assessment or are you simply acting like an android fanboy, discounting the ability to swap out a battery in under one hour at a local Apple store, and not having that same ability where Samsung does NOT have a local authorized repair rep who could do the same?

After all, THIS is 'the battery thread' and if a power user like myself, who uses the phone for business, and has no Facebook, no Instagram, no twitter, no social accounts on the phone and who requires a battery to last, and can't get a fresh one installed, then an alternative is Apple... WHO CAN DO IT!

THIS... is the reason for the post (s)... and not some newbie running to iOS!

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Did you actually read what I posted, in a straight forward assessment or are you simply acting like an android fanboy, discounting the ability to swap out a battery in under one hour at a local Apple store, and not having that same ability where Samsung does NOT have a local authorized repair rep who could do the same?

After all, THIS is 'the battery thread' and if a power user like myself, who uses the phone for business, and has no Facebook, no Instagram, no twitter, no social accounts on the phone and who requires a battery to last, and can't get a fresh one installed, then an alternative is Apple... WHO CAN DO IT!

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Well Said

Posted via the Android Central App

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of other Android phones that have removable batteries. I mean why go to iOS when there are many options.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

This. I am starting to question the durability of Android in general. With stuff like Android OS / Android System / and Google Play Service constantly chewing battery regardless of signal strength, if I'm using wifi, clean install or not. It's just annoying.
I have both the Note and iPhone 6. Guess which one gets the better battery life?

iPhone is constantly polling email, I listen to music, responding to said emails all day and casually checking my social media. On the first charge I got a total of 10 hours usage and 44 hours standby. Now, I've heard people with any variant of the Plus can get up to 3 days off of one charge, which is the norm.

On my Note I can barely get 4 hours of screen time on LIGHT usage regardless of the "fixes." SOME people probably can, but it's few and far between. Standby time is just not as good as the iPhone in my case. Maybe once or twice I got my Note to last over 48 hours, but only after babying it. Turning off Mobile Data, Wifi, among other tweaks when not in use. I shouldn't have to do that. The iPhone I didn't have to do anything but use the phone.

I never had to reset Cache and do a fresh install anytime an update comes out on the iPhone. Fresh install is seriously a pain and should be a LAST resort, not an everyday thing. I prefer the Android, but I don't like babysitting and constantly checking to see if I "lost a %" because of the nature of the OS. On the iPhone I never have to check because I know nothing is chewing at it.

RadeonHD

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
What is your Up Time? Is this in a span of days, or hours? I've noticed I can reproduce 5+ hours screen on time only if it's pretty much consistent use. If this screenshot is in a span of 24 hours or more, that's the kind of battery life I want.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I hardly get 4 hours SOT..If i play games or use 4G, it is only 3 to 3.5 hours. Can someone share some tips to get 5 hours of SOT

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was using MS Outlook for iCloud email. Found out that was the app that would make my phone lose 10% in just 2 hrs of me not even using it after unplugging from the charger. Deleted the app and I got a full day with 5.5 hrs screen time yesterday. I'll just continue using my iPhone for iCloud email.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Looks good on my end AT&T Note 5
6cd86c57caa046825e55892ce8bfc975.jpg

af0d910d809b78b943aeba05d57abf2e.jpg

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
^^^ that pretty much looks like my stats, however, I even have Facebook Messenger installed and it's usually around my 2nd or 3rd highest drain on on the Android battery stats. Love the battery life.

mpanju7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you mind sharing your set up for screen brightness and location services? Do you keep data off or do you mostly use Wi-Fi?

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Do you mind sharing your set up for screen brightness and location services? Do you keep data off or do you mostly use Wi-Fi?

I'm not sure about rainyboy7's settings but I've switched to Auto Brightness now. I used to always leave it on a very low brightness (unless in the direct sun of course) but decided to try out Auto and I swear it's somehow better battery life. I leave my location on always and to GPS/Wifi/mobile network mode or High Accuracy on other phones, but I don't have really any app that regularly polls GPS. I manually refresh my weather. I disabled Location History. My data is always on. I try to get on WiFi as much as I can (I turn it off when I absolutely know I can't get on WiFi), I have Never selected for keep WiFi on during sleep, and always allow scanning off. This is all on my AT&T Note 5.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

You do know that there're online retailers that can do this with the Note 5 and if you can't wait for it there're other Android phones out there that have a removable battery such as the LG G4 or V10 and plenty of others why jump to iPhone over this. No I'm not a fanboy just curious and also as a note this is Android Central ad should have nothing to do with iOS or iPhone yes it may be a battery thread but it's still Android Central meaning only Android related material.

aspiller1998

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I've done literally everything possible. FDR multiple times , cleared cache, uninstalled apps, disabled apps, turned off google location services, EVERYTHING. Yet android system continues to drain my battery. Beginning to hate this phone and I'm stuck with it for another year and a half...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech