I am moving from a Note 2 to a Note5 and I've been searching but cannot find anything on actually transferring my many years of notes and documents that are on my Old Note, over to the New Note.

I just can't find the right combination of search topics to find anything on this. I see all the things on transferring Contacts and other things like that, but nothing on transferring the actual written notes from one phone to another.

Also, are there any potential compatibility issues? Have there been any format changes between devices? Anything like that?

Thanks ahead.
    08-15-2015 07:40 AM
    I'm 0retty sure it syncs with your Samsung account. You can also sync it to evernote

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    08-15-2015 08:00 AM
    Samsung Smart Switch. Plug your Notes in one at a time to your computer and away you go. I've used it for pics and contacts 1,000 times in the last 90 days.
    Ablacksparrow likes this.
    08-15-2015 08:25 AM
    Thanks All. I was playing around with things yesterday and somehow deleted all the years of Notes off my hone.

Not sure how it happened. They all do seem to have shown up on Evernote now, I think, so they're not completely lost. After I first posted this, I installed Kies3 and SmartSwitch and even the SNote app. When I was using the SmartSwitch, there was an error so I'm thinking it was moving them and lost them. My USB port is loose and I think it lost the connection. I just got a replacement port board the other day but didn't install it since I was going to be getting a new phone in a few days............

Are the .snb files that are used on my Note 2 still the same and compatible with the newer Note phones?

Just wondering if they've changed any over the last few years, like the way MS likes to modify Word formats and such. Guess I'll find out in a few days when I get the Note 5 and move the files back over from Evernote.
    08-16-2015 08:48 AM
    I don't think they're compatible. I have a note2 but the rom is from a note4, the snotes didn't transfer. I still have them in evernote, but can't edit them in snote anymore.
    08-16-2015 10:36 AM