07-11-2016 10:35 AM
84 1234
tools
    Black, IF (that's a huge "if" at this point) I stay with Samsung. The loss of the removable battery and mSD slot, along with the glass back are big negatives for me. Shame, really. I've been reading the drop and damage thread closely. Not encouraging. Not sure what possessed them to put GG on the back. Even with a good grip case with lots of protection, I'm likely to crack it nearly immediately. I'm a drop and fumble magnet. Too bad we can't remove the glass back.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-15-2015 09:44 PM
    Have you seen something that shows which colors T-Mobile will carry?

From what I've read today, the silver and gold are highly reflective, especially the silver.

I have a gold S6 Edge and it isn't really reflective. I've always had white Samsung devices before, I'm hoping I have something besides white and black roo choose from. I've also read that white and black show fingerprints less than others, but read more people say no color makes a difference with fingerprints.
    I called tmobile today because I am having a problem with the mic on my Note 4, and I asked the rep if she knew if they would get 32gb only because that's all they seem to mention in the price comparisons, but she said they will get both 32/64gb I asked her what colors they would get, she said they didn't mention it in the email they received.

But usually it's just the standard black and white.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-15-2015 09:59 PM
    Black, IF (that's a huge "if" at this point) I stay with Samsung. The loss of the removable battery and mSD slot, along with the glass back are big negatives for me. Shame, really. I've been reading the drop and damage thread closely. Not encouraging. Not sure what possessed them to put GG on the back. Even with a good grip case with lots of protection, I'm likely to crack it nearly immediately. I'm a drop and fumble magnet. Too bad we can't remove the glass back.
    Have you ever rocked a UAG case on your phone?
    I haven't, they look a little bulky, but they got a video of them dropping an iPhone from what looks like the altitude of almost breaking into space, and the iPhone survives lol I'm not sure how much reality there is in that, and how much advertising stretching they truth so take it with a grain of salt, but if it won't break from that high altitude I'd hope it wouldn't break on you.

08-15-2015 10:04 PM
    I've found out T-Mobile is only carrying the white or black. I was hoping they would do other colors. I'm tired of white phones and I don't like dark ones. Until I got my S6E last week, my last like 6 phones have been white.
    Oh OK yeah I figured it would be the standard colors, man I was eyeballing that silver one, I really like the blue and the green s6, I'm also kinda tired of white so I might go black this time if I have a choice Friday. Thanks for the info

08-15-2015 10:08 PM
    Gonna upgrade the wife's IPhone 6 with a white Note 5. I will also do the same from my current white Note 4. With the Rogers network in Canada. When the rush is over, maybe around Christmas.

ELAkid likes this.
    08-15-2015 10:11 PM
    Black.. Ugh but really wish sprint would've gotten that platinum rosey one...

I hear you, I wish they would at least make the different colors a limited availability option but they only tease you with the colors then telling you it's not an option :/

Delirious D likes this.
    08-15-2015 10:12 PM
    Gonna upgrade the wife's IPhone 6 with a white Note 5. I will also do the same from my current white Note 4. With the Rogers network in Canada. When the rush is over, maybe around Christmas.

My wife is sitting this one out she's sticking with the white Note 4 she has, I wasn't really planning to upgrade mines because I was kinda feeling that Moto x pure but I have the money in my pockets and it's burning a hole in it lol.

I might get the Moto x pure also to see how it is, I'm kinda used to the Samsung system even tho TouchWiz can be a drag at times, it hasn't been that bad for me, plus I really use the screen size for writing and reading on the Note.

Do you think your wife will be able to transition from IOS to Android?

08-15-2015 10:16 PM
    I wanted a white one but stupid verizon doesn't have it in 64gb. So I had to get black
    I notice white is really popular, I personally think certain case colors pop out with a white phone. But that's just my opinion

08-15-2015 10:19 PM
    I was really hoping the Note 5 would come in different colors besides the generic offerings. I have the Note Edge in black, Verizon only offered it so, and if I'm forced to I'd go with a white one, but I'm hesitantly starting to lean toward the S6+ in gold, but I don't want to pay more for the same phone minus the S-Pen
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-15-2015 10:48 PM
    I was really hoping the Note 5 would come in different colors besides the generic offerings. I have the Note Edge in black, Verizon only offered it so, and if I'm forced to I'd go with a white one, but I'm hesitantly starting to lean toward the S6+ in gold, but I don't want to pay more for the same phone minus the S-Pen
    Yeah I think the edge is out of my budget, plus I like the glass protector on my Note 4, and the edge would be a problem I think, but that gold does look pretty elegant

08-15-2015 11:06 PM
    Have you ever rocked a UAG case on your phone?
    I haven't, they look a little bulky, but they got a video of them dropping an iPhone from what looks like the altitude of almost breaking into space, and the iPhone survives lol I'm not sure how much reality there is in that, and how much advertising stretching they truth so take it with a grain of salt, but if it won't break from that high altitude I'd hope it wouldn't break on you.

No. I would absolutely drop my phone immediately and repeatedly. The only case that works for my fumble fingers is a ****-ugly silicone case that is nearly impossible to drop. Thanks for the rec, though.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 12:11 AM
    No. I would absolutely drop my phone immediately and repeatedly. The only case that works for my fumble fingers is a ****-ugly silicone case that is nearly impossible to drop. Thanks for the rec, though.
    You might have to get some gloves with velcro and stick some velcro on the back of your phone

toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-16-2015 12:19 AM
    I had the s4 and now the Note 4 both in white, I'm kinda undecided if I should go for a black Note 5 or white, what are you guys planning to get?

The concern I have about the black is the fingerprints are much more visible, and also if the back of the phone scratches with time it will be more visible kinda like black cars.

I usually resell my phones so I try to take good care of them, using cases and screen protectors.

What do you guys think?

It's sad that we can't get gold or the titanium. I'd love the titanium.

ELAkid and Matt Allen like this.
    08-16-2015 05:26 AM
    It isn't just Gorilla Glass, it is GG 4, made exactly for this kind of thing.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/20/7...ss-4-announced
    Matt Allen likes this.
    08-16-2015 05:53 AM
    White, 32Gb. I can't stand the fingerprints and 32Gbs should suffice based on my usual usage with android phones.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 06:25 AM
    I second UAG. I have had them on an iPhone 5S and 6 and Samsung's S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge and I'll get one for whichever of the new phones I buy. The only serious drop I've had with any of the phones was dropping the iPhone 6 down a flight of 15 stairs (God! Every. Dang. Stair) and it didn't even bang up the case. I recommend a tempered glass + UAG combo if you can get it.

It surprisingly doesn't add much bulk or weight to the phone, the bumpers on the corners can kind of be a pocket pain, but I swear by them.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 06:26 AM
    I second UAG. I have had them on an iPhone 5S and 6 and Samsung's S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge and I'll get one for whichever of the new phones I buy. The only serious drop I've had with any of the phones was dropping the iPhone 6 down a flight of 15 stairs (God! Every. Dang. Stair) and it didn't even bang up the case. I recommend a tempered glass + UAG combo if you can get it.

It surprisingly doesn't add much bulk or weight to the phone, the bumpers on the corners can kind of be a pocket pain, but I swear by them.
    Thanks for the recommendation, some of the note 5 cases look nice, I usually buy a few cases for my phone, so once they get a little cheaper on Amazon I'll probably scoop one up, I always thought they looked bulky but if you say they are not that bulky I might have to give them a try.

08-16-2015 08:44 AM
    White, 32Gb. I can't stand the fingerprints and 32Gbs should suffice based on my usual usage with android phones.
    That's why I'm leaning towards getting another white Note because I feel the fingerprints and scratches will be more noticeable on the black with time.

08-16-2015 08:46 AM
    It's sad that we can't get gold or the titanium. I'd love the titanium.

Yeah that titanium is really nice, plus it would be a nice change from the black and white :/

08-16-2015 08:48 AM
    It isn't just Gorilla Glass, it is GG 4, made exactly for this kind of thing.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/20/7...ss-4-announced
    Thanks for the info

08-16-2015 08:48 AM
    I'm leaning more and more toward the Note 5. The Edge option for only 5 apps would kill me slowly with the Edge+ after having my Note Edge haha.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 09:27 AM
    Whichever version has the 64 GB on T-Mobile. If I have an option, probably go for white because fingerprints won't be visible that much on the white model compared to the black version.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 10:52 AM
    Whichever version has the 64 GB on T-Mobile. If I have an option, probably go for white because fingerprints won't be visible that much on the white model compared to the black version.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    T-mobile will have black and white but the fingerprints show just as well on both.

I have the gold S6E and fingerprints were all the same on all the colors of the S6E. I've also read some that review the new phones say white or black doesn't show finger prints as much, but I've seen more that review it say those two show prints just as equally.

The difference in the white and black seem to be they are not as reflective as the gold and platinum.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 11:12 AM
    my note 3 is black....and i am going with black note 5

ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 11:13 AM
    T-mobile will have black and white but the fingerprints show just as well on both.

I have the gold S6E and fingerprints were all the same on all the colors of the S6E. I've also read some that review the new phones say white or black doesn't show finger prints as much, bit I've seen more that review it say those two show prints just as equally.

The difference in the white and black seem to be they are not as reflective as the gold and platinum.
    I had both white and black S6, both are fingerprints magnets that's not the question but white being lighter color it's difficult to make out the fingerprints unless you look from close where as on the black they are clearly visible easily.
    ELAkid likes this.
    08-16-2015 12:31 PM
84 1234