Will you get white or black Note 5?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess tmobile will make the decision for me on Friday if they have any in Stock, and what color is available.

I wanted to get the silver one, but that is not an option so I'll just have to wait and see.

Sometimes white seems to make the colors of a cases kinda pop out more, but I'm kinda digging that black.

Posted via the Android Central App

Have you seen something that shows which colors T-Mobile will carry?

From what I've read today, the silver and gold are highly reflective, especially the silver.

I have a gold S6 Edge and it isn't really reflective. I've always had white Samsung devices before, I'm hoping I have something besides white and black roo choose from. I've also read that white and black show fingerprints less than others, but read more people say no color makes a difference with fingerprints.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you know I wasn't all distraught about the battery and SD card, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the options, but I checked on my Note 4 and deleted all these unnecessary files and I think I will be fine with 32 gb.

I mostly had stored preaching videos that were couple gb long, but since I compressed them, they're only 170 mb and I don't download too many apps or music, so I am hoping I'm good.

How us your s6? I was contemplating getting it but I read the battery was kinda short so I decided just to wait.

But I really like all the cool cases for the s6 that are available.

The S6 Edge Plus and the Note 5 are the same inside and only a tiny, tiny difference in screen size. I was expecting the N5 to have a bigger battery, but seems both have the same battery size. Interesting, the N5 seems to be about $100 cheaper than the same size S6.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've found out T-Mobile is only carrying the white or black. I was hoping they would do other colors. I'm tired of white phones and I don't like dark ones. Until I got my S6E last week, my last like 6 phones have been white.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Black, IF (that's a huge "if" at this point) I stay with Samsung. The loss of the removable battery and mSD slot, along with the glass back are big negatives for me. Shame, really. I've been reading the drop and damage thread closely. Not encouraging. Not sure what possessed them to put GG on the back. Even with a good grip case with lots of protection, I'm likely to crack it nearly immediately. I'm a drop and fumble magnet. Too bad we can't remove the glass back.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you seen something that shows which colors T-Mobile will carry?

From what I've read today, the silver and gold are highly reflective, especially the silver.

I have a gold S6 Edge and it isn't really reflective. I've always had white Samsung devices before, I'm hoping I have something besides white and black roo choose from. I've also read that white and black show fingerprints less than others, but read more people say no color makes a difference with fingerprints.

I called tmobile today because I am having a problem with the mic on my Note 4, and I asked the rep if she knew if they would get 32gb only because that's all they seem to mention in the price comparisons, but she said they will get both 32/64gb I asked her what colors they would get, she said they didn't mention it in the email they received.

But usually it's just the standard black and white.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Black, IF (that's a huge "if" at this point) I stay with Samsung. The loss of the removable battery and mSD slot, along with the glass back are big negatives for me. Shame, really. I've been reading the drop and damage thread closely. Not encouraging. Not sure what possessed them to put GG on the back. Even with a good grip case with lots of protection, I'm likely to crack it nearly immediately. I'm a drop and fumble magnet. Too bad we can't remove the glass back.

Have you ever rocked a UAG case on your phone?
I haven't, they look a little bulky, but they got a video of them dropping an iPhone from what looks like the altitude of almost breaking into space, and the iPhone survives lol I'm not sure how much reality there is in that, and how much advertising stretching they truth so take it with a grain of salt, but if it won't break from that high altitude I'd hope it wouldn't break on you.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I've found out T-Mobile is only carrying the white or black. I was hoping they would do other colors. I'm tired of white phones and I don't like dark ones. Until I got my S6E last week, my last like 6 phones have been white.

Oh OK yeah I figured it would be the standard colors, man I was eyeballing that silver one, I really like the blue and the green s6, I'm also kinda tired of white so I might go black this time if I have a choice Friday. Thanks for the info

Coconut8469

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Gonna upgrade the wife's IPhone 6 with a white Note 5. I will also do the same from my current white Note 4. With the Rogers network in Canada. When the rush is over, maybe around Christmas.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Black.. Ugh but really wish sprint would've gotten that platinum rosey one...

I hear you, I wish they would at least make the different colors a limited availability option but they only tease you with the colors then telling you it's not an option :/

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Gonna upgrade the wife's IPhone 6 with a white Note 5. I will also do the same from my current white Note 4. With the Rogers network in Canada. When the rush is over, maybe around Christmas.

My wife is sitting this one out she's sticking with the white Note 4 she has, I wasn't really planning to upgrade mines because I was kinda feeling that Moto x pure but I have the money in my pockets and it's burning a hole in it lol.

I might get the Moto x pure also to see how it is, I'm kinda used to the Samsung system even tho TouchWiz can be a drag at times, it hasn't been that bad for me, plus I really use the screen size for writing and reading on the Note.

Do you think your wife will be able to transition from IOS to Android?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I was really hoping the Note 5 would come in different colors besides the generic offerings. I have the Note Edge in black, Verizon only offered it so, and if I'm forced to I'd go with a white one, but I'm hesitantly starting to lean toward the S6+ in gold, but I don't want to pay more for the same phone minus the S-Pen

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I was really hoping the Note 5 would come in different colors besides the generic offerings. I have the Note Edge in black, Verizon only offered it so, and if I'm forced to I'd go with a white one, but I'm hesitantly starting to lean toward the S6+ in gold, but I don't want to pay more for the same phone minus the S-Pen

Yeah I think the edge is out of my budget, plus I like the glass protector on my Note 4, and the edge would be a problem I think, but that gold does look pretty elegant :)

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever rocked a UAG case on your phone?
I haven't, they look a little bulky, but they got a video of them dropping an iPhone from what looks like the altitude of almost breaking into space, and the iPhone survives lol I'm not sure how much reality there is in that, and how much advertising stretching they truth so take it with a grain of salt, but if it won't break from that high altitude I'd hope it wouldn't break on you.

No. I would absolutely drop my phone immediately and repeatedly. The only case that works for my fumble fingers is a ****-ugly silicone case that is nearly impossible to drop. Thanks for the rec, though. ;)

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
No. I would absolutely drop my phone immediately and repeatedly. The only case that works for my fumble fingers is a ****-ugly silicone case that is nearly impossible to drop. Thanks for the rec, though. ;)

You might have to get some gloves with velcro and stick some velcro on the back of your phone :)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the s4 and now the Note 4 both in white, I'm kinda undecided if I should go for a black Note 5 or white, what are you guys planning to get?

The concern I have about the black is the fingerprints are much more visible, and also if the back of the phone scratches with time it will be more visible kinda like black cars.

I usually resell my phones so I try to take good care of them, using cases and screen protectors.

What do you guys think?

It's sad that we can't get gold or the titanium. I'd love the titanium.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

It isn't just Gorilla Glass, it is GG 4, made exactly for this kind of thing.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/20/7253397/corning-gorilla-glass-4-announced

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2