Will you get white or black Note 5?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No. I would absolutely drop my phone immediately and repeatedly. The only case that works for my fumble fingers is a ****-ugly silicone case that is nearly impossible to drop. Thanks for the rec, though. ;)

I second UAG. I have had them on an iPhone 5S and 6 and Samsung's S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge and I'll get one for whichever of the new phones I buy. The only serious drop I've had with any of the phones was dropping the iPhone 6 down a flight of 15 stairs (God! Every. Dang. Stair) and it didn't even bang up the case. I recommend a tempered glass + UAG combo if you can get it.

It surprisingly doesn't add much bulk or weight to the phone, the bumpers on the corners can kind of be a pocket pain, but I swear by them.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I second UAG. I have had them on an iPhone 5S and 6 and Samsung's S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge and I'll get one for whichever of the new phones I buy. The only serious drop I've had with any of the phones was dropping the iPhone 6 down a flight of 15 stairs (God! Every. Dang. Stair) and it didn't even bang up the case. I recommend a tempered glass + UAG combo if you can get it.

It surprisingly doesn't add much bulk or weight to the phone, the bumpers on the corners can kind of be a pocket pain, but I swear by them.

Thanks for the recommendation, some of the note 5 cases look nice, I usually buy a few cases for my phone, so once they get a little cheaper on Amazon I'll probably scoop one up, I always thought they looked bulky but if you say they are not that bulky I might have to give them a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
White, 32Gb. I can't stand the fingerprints and 32Gbs should suffice based on my usual usage with android phones.

That's why I'm leaning towards getting another white Note because I feel the fingerprints and scratches will be more noticeable on the black with time.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm leaning more and more toward the Note 5. The Edge option for only 5 apps would kill me slowly with the Edge+ after having my Note Edge haha.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Whichever version has the 64 GB on T-Mobile. If I have an option, probably go for white because fingerprints won't be visible that much on the white model compared to the black version.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Whichever version has the 64 GB on T-Mobile. If I have an option, probably go for white because fingerprints won't be visible that much on the white model compared to the black version.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

T-mobile will have black and white but the fingerprints show just as well on both.

I have the gold S6E and fingerprints were all the same on all the colors of the S6E. I've also read some that review the new phones say white or black doesn't show finger prints as much, but I've seen more that review it say those two show prints just as equally.

The difference in the white and black seem to be they are not as reflective as the gold and platinum.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile will have black and white but the fingerprints show just as well on both.

I have the gold S6E and fingerprints were all the same on all the colors of the S6E. I've also read some that review the new phones say white or black doesn't show finger prints as much, bit I've seen more that review it say those two show prints just as equally.

The difference in the white and black seem to be they are not as reflective as the gold and platinum.

I had both white and black S6, both are fingerprints magnets that's not the question but white being lighter color it's difficult to make out the fingerprints unless you look from close where as on the black they are clearly visible easily.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was going to get black. Just came back from bestbuy and the white just looks so sexy with that pearly color to it. Lol

ProudArian

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting black this time...had a Note 3 in Black and another Note 3 in White...going back to Black (plus, VZW only had Black 64GB option)

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I had both white and black S6, both are fingerprints magnets that's not the question but white being lighter color it's difficult to make out the fingerprints unless you look from close where as on the black they are clearly visible easily.

Yeah I figured it was like a black car where finger prints are very noticeable :)

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I was going to get black. Just came back from bestbuy and the white just looks so sexy with that pearly color to it. Lol

Where you able to play with the Note 5 at best buy?
If so how was the experience?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm going gold s6 edge plus.. That gold looks good.. But fingerprint was all over it in best buy.. Black had way less fingerprints

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm going gold s6 edge plus.. That gold looks good.. But fingerprint was all over it in best buy.. Black had way less fingerprints

That gold does look clean, how was your experience with the device at best buy?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia