Will you get white or black Note 5?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Where you able to play with the Note 5 at best buy?
If so how was the experience?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yesssss they had multiple... I loved it. Now the wait is frustrating..... The sprint store i went to didn't have any...

(i just didn't like that them bb employees were clueless about the promo and small print)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yesssss they had multiple... I loved it. Now the wait is frustrating..... The sprint store i went to didn't have any...

(i just didn't like that them bb employees were clueless about the promo and small print)

Hopefully you got to use it without being annoyed. When I went today they wouldn't leave me alone.

Matt Allen

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I played with 1 at Costco today. Love it. Too thin for me. Would love a bigger battery instead of a thinner phone. Loved the new software though. I'm one who's had a black phone forever and wanted to switch to gold. Guess it may not happen unless they stock some.

Last edited:

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I played with 1 at Costco today. Love it. Too thin for me. Would love a bigger battery instead of a thinner phone. Loved the new software though. I'm one who's had a black phone forever and wanted to switch to gold. Guess it may not happen unless they stock some.

How did TouchWiz feel?

Did it feel like a lighter skin?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

It's just as frustrating for tmobile customers because they didn't do pre-orders, and now I gotta wait and see if when's I go to the store Friday they're not out of stock because with the Note 4 last year they were very limited in stock so I just ended up ordering on the phone.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully you got to use it without being annoyed. When I went today they wouldn't leave me alone.

That's how it was when I was thinking of getting an lg g4 I went to the tmobile store and there was only one and everyone was crowding around the phone lol and the employees were harassing everyone

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I've decided to wait. As much as it pains me. I want to see them in person, so it'll be about two more weeks before I can. 😭

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I've decided to wait. As much as it pains me. I want to see them in person, so it'll be about two more weeks before I can. 😭

Smart move :) some of the people that have already received them have stated it feels a little smaller than the Note 4 in hand and that's a plus for me, but I'm sure the best thing is to hold one physically in your hand and use it.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone already ordered a case, if you plan on putting on on, or do you usually buy a case at the phone store?

I usually buy a few cases for my phones, but to get me by until Speck comes out with one or probably spend money on a UAG for the first time, I got a Spigen case on eBay that was 12.99 with a free screen protector I had a $5 coupon so I only paid 9 free shipping also.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Smart move :) some of the people that have already received them have stated it feels a little smaller than the Note 4 in hand and that's a plus for me, but I'm sure the best thing is to hold one physically in your hand and use it.

I'm on a military training rotation out in the desert, and I could technically have one mailed here but I heard the colors aren't "natural" black and white, and the feel is way different as well. I preordered the Note 4 and iPhone 6 sight unseen and was thrilled with both, but these ones I'm kind of hesitant on. If it's smaller, minutely hopefully, that's not a deal breaker. I just hate being away from civilization for a reveal!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No plans to buy one since I'm already very happy and extremely satisfied with my G4, but if I had to choose, it would be this beaut.

Galaxy-Note-5-Silver2.jpg

I don't think it's available Stateside, however.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It isn't just Gorilla Glass, it is GG 4, made exactly for this kind of thing.

Corning's Gorilla Glass 4 aims to protect your phone from deadly drops | The Verge
Still highly breakable on the back. I use a case, but I am THE one who will break their back immediately. Too limited for me anyway. Need the 128gb (not available) or extSD (not available). I was willing to give it a try until I saw the glass back and only 64gb.

Picked up a Note 4 and it will give me everything I need, hopefully. At least it still has the extSD and there's no glass on the back.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You might have to get some gloves with velcro and stick some velcro on the back of your phone :)

Funny! I actually do use grippy gloves for things when it matters. I have issues with knives, too, so I'm always dancing out of the way of the falling blades. Started using cutting gloves and haven't dropped a knife or cut myself since. I'm so dangerous with box-cutters. :)

chikmagnet

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
For those of you like me who are waiting for the VZW 64gb White, I found the model number for it on the Sammy website also when I was at BB yesterday they do have a sku for it on a sheet with all the pther preorder skus but when it is inputted into their system it does not come up. I didnt get the sku and I should have ... My bad
Here is a link to the Sammy site that has the model number on it
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fcell-phones%2FSM-N920VZWEVZW&token=aMY5XJwe
Actual Model Number is - SM-N920VZWEVZW

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Have there been any reports whether or not the gold or silver will eventually become available here in the states?

Someone here said they seen a silver one at best buy, so it will probably be available either unlocked international or with some of the carrier's best buy works with.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I ended up ordering a 64gb black Note 5 from tmobile, I liked the blueish reflection of the Sapphire Black I seen on the Note 5 and I was due for a change from white :) I'll have to learn to live with the fingerprints

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It's just as frustrating for tmobile customers because they didn't do pre-orders, and now I gotta wait and see if when's I go to the store Friday they're not out of stock because with the Note 4 last year they were very limited in stock so I just ended up ordering on the phone.

They didn't do pre-orders, they just skipped that and went to orders. They started taking orders on Tuesday and free overnight shipping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch