I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm very pleased with this phone, its the best phone I had so far. the only thing that I cant figure out is that how to change the vibration pattern for your emails and text msg. on my note 3 I had one pattern for my text and different pattern for my email, so I would know if Im getting a email or text msg. I would appreciate any help from you, thank you

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm very pleased with this phone, its the best phone I had so far. the only thing that I cant figure out is that how to change the vibration pattern for your emails and text msg. on my note 3 I had one pattern for my text and different pattern for my email, so I would know if Im getting a email or text msg. I would appreciate any help from you, thank you

Whhhhat?! I didn't know you could do that on the Note 3. I have a Note 3 and 5. But, I use the app 'Lightflow' to have the different vibration.

How did you do yours? ??

Keith Wardlow

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Does the default keyboard lag, or phone lag at all? I had to download the google keyboard on my S6, just to text, because the lag and delay was so bad on the default keyboard, in fact the whole phone has a delay sometimes, and lags like crazy, and then there is other times it is fine.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Andrew-
I just got my note5 Sunday evening and I'm having the darndest time trying to figure out how to move my apps around in a way that satisfies how I work. When I click edit I can only delete or add apps, not move them around. What's the trick to doing so? On my previous Samsung Galaxy phone I simply had to press, hold and move it to wherever I wanted them to be. Not so with the note5.
TIA

Same as other phones. Press and hold an app, drag it to where you want it.

Is there an easy way to set the device to when on vibrate, it vibrates for all notifications, and when on sound, it makes only sounds for all notifications, and not vibrate?

Currently, it seems one has to turn on vibrate within each app. Doing so, when the device is on sound, it would vibrate, too. I don't want that. Thanks

Nope, seems like you can only turn vibrations on/off, and the volume buttons simply turn that volume on/off. Can't have them independent. In this situation I bet you could find a third-party app that'd control this, though. I used to use a few different ones to mute media volume when the ringtone volume was muted — so it can be done.

How did you feel about the lack of IR Blaster on the Note 5?

I feel like I can't remember the last time I needed an IR blaster on my phone.

Not aware of a way directly within the phone settings. Just one vibration type. Perhaps there are apps that can help with this?

Does the default keyboard lag, or phone lag at all? I had to download the google keyboard on my S6, just to text, because the lag and delay was so bad on the default keyboard, in fact the whole phone has a delay sometimes, and lags like crazy, and then there is other times it is fine.

The Samsung keyboard, for whatever reason, is just not that great. There are so many — Google Keyboard included — from the Play Store that do a better job. It's not lag per se ... but just bad prediction and tap recognition.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried SwiftKey? I switched to that years ago and I like it. You can swype (gesture) type or thumb type. You can even have the split keyboard for thumb typing which I really like on a large screen phone.

This is what my SwiftKey looks like. It is very customizable and is now free.

Attachments

• 1440717574375.jpg
    1440717574375.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 43

fruit2droid

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I've got a quick question for you guys! I am currently setting up my Mobile Hotspot, and I would like to change the name the hotspot shows up as. I've already went under Settings>About>Device Name and changed it to "KC's Note 5" but my personal hotspot isn't showing up under that name, instead displaying "SM-N920W8" when I use my other device to look for a connection.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got a quick question for you guys! I am currently setting up my Mobile Hotspot, and I would like to change the name the hotspot shows up as. I've already went under Settings>About>Device Name and changed it to "KC's Note 5" but my personal hotspot isn't showing up under that name, instead displaying "SM-N920W8" when I use my other device to look for a connection.

Go to settings, and Hotspot, click and open. Tap more at the top right, then configure. You can change the name and/or password.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are the note 5 power & volume buttons n located in the same position as its predecessors?

Coming from the Lg G series, i still pull out my phone reaching for the back to turn it on.

Its some getting used to the layout, which im finding annoying. Maybe its my small hands or the case i have. But every time i reach around the back of the phone with my right hand to lower the volune i always end up turning off the phone (with my thumb). Any one else have that problem?

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Does the Note 5 USB-C port? I was reading the USB-C is much faster to use and I didn't know much about the cable or if it would work with the Note 5

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried SwiftKey? I switched to that years ago and I like it. You can swype (gesture) type or thumb type. You can even have the split keyboard for thumb typing which I really like on a large screen phone.

This is what my SwiftKey looks like. It is very customizable and is now free.

Big SwiftKey fan since I had the Motorola Photon. Has carried over to my follow-on phones, and Tablets. Excellent keyboard!

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Do you really think the Note 5 is better than the Note 4? I have a Note 4 and I really enjoy it considering all the specifications it has specially the removable battery and SD card options. Since Note 5 lacks these features is it really worth to replace my Note 4.

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
there is setting for turning off the light of the keys seen this in the video 50+ tips and tricks for note 5 in youtube watch this videos (there are two different that gives you 50+ tips ;)

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
i serched for it you can only do this in power saving mode but if you don't like to do this you need an app...
Download "Galaxy button lights" from the play store

spoon1985

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
got my note 5 , 4 days ago

anyone noticing the screen freezes? whether its on lock screen or just randomly using ur phone

and boom all of a sudden the screen stops working for 2-3 seconds?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae