07-04-2018 06:34 PM
381 ... 13141516
tools
    hi my latest upgrade is to the marshmallow 6.0.0 only. seems my most used favorite contact is missing. any idea how to get it back? the contacts are all still ok in the gmail list on the pc. pls help. thanks!
    05-03-2016 09:31 PM
    hi my latest upgrade is to the marshmallow 6.0.0 only. seems my most used favorite contact is missing. any idea how to get it back? the contacts are all still ok in the gmail list on the pc. pls help. thanks!
    If it's just one contact why don't you just put it back in?
    05-04-2016 08:40 AM
    Anyone move from an iPhone 6/6s and find the size just too big? It's a big leap in size and I just don't know.
    05-14-2016 09:36 AM
    Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
    Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
    1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
    2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!
    05-14-2016 07:03 PM
    ^Pop-up preview seems to be disabled. You have to check your settings.
    05-14-2016 07:43 PM
    If it's just one contact why don't you just put it back in?
    lol yeah.. it's the one contact - my husband - i use the most and has the most info...i thot of readding in my phone but then it will be duplicate in google account....?

i don't know if other contacts are missing too tho..

np i will just have to wait for next upgrade.. grr
    05-15-2016 01:17 AM
    ^Pop-up preview seems to be disabled. You have to check your settings.
    Does it go app by app settings or is it a general setting? Because I am positive I have it enabled on messaging apps. It pops up the message over my content which I actually don't like. Before my previews were relegated to the actual status bar rather than over the app I was working on.
    05-16-2016 09:21 AM
    Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
    Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
    1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
    2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!
    settings/lock screen.....show content
    05-16-2016 04:01 PM
    Does it go app by app settings or is it a general setting? Because I am positive I have it enabled on messaging apps. It pops up the message over my content which I actually don't like. Before my previews were relegated to the actual status bar rather than over the app I was working on.
    Ah, I see. You mean a ticker style feature. I guess, it's not implemented anymore. Maybe there's an app around including this feature.
    05-16-2016 05:28 PM
    Yeah it seems not. Because all of my notifications show content on lock screen or swipe down. That wasn't really the issue. But I guess that's a bit of Lollipop that is gone forever! Bummer. I guess I'm in the minority of users that liked it.
    05-18-2016 06:03 PM
    Anyone move from an iPhone 6/6s and find the size just too big? It's a big leap in size and I just don't know.
    Nah, I love the size, personally. Got used to it the first day, and now I can't imagine using a smaller phone again. Everything is better, from having a larger screen for video, higher resolution for general browsing, and more space between keys on the keyboard making general typing better. It's wonderful.

The only thing that's sort of "too big" about it is that I tend to use my phone with my left hand, its back button is too far to reach one-handed, but that'd be resolved if Samsung just flipped the menu and back buttons to match every other Android phone.
    bgl321 likes this.
    05-18-2016 06:17 PM
    I moved from the iPhone 4S which makes the Note 5 positively gargantuan but it was perfect for me. I was so tired of having a small phone in big hands.
    bgl321 likes this.
    05-18-2016 07:15 PM
    guys may u ask if my note 5's freezing/ restarting problem will resolve if i reflash my OS using smartswitch? thank you.
    ialrrady tried factory reset and wipw cahce but nothing works..
    06-11-2016 12:01 AM
    New update just arrived any feedback before I proceed? Using 6.01 now. Thanks
    07-15-2016 04:38 AM
    Re: CONTACTS

On the PHONE icon, selecting "contacts" brings up all my contacts. On the other hand, when I go through the icon, CONTACTS, some are missing. Basically all my contacts are through GMAIL.

How can get all my contacts to open on CONTACTS? On SETTINGS I have "all contacts" checked. It doesn't matter, they still only show up by going to PHONE>CONTACTS. I've tried to add my missing contacts under DEVICE also, but it won't let me as it always defaults back to GMAIL contacts, and doesn't let me duplicate a contact. I prefer having the contacts merged from the two sources, GMAIL and DEVICE.

I would appreciate any help....thanks in advance.
    08-01-2016 12:25 PM
    Re: CONTACTS

On the PHONE icon, selecting "contacts" brings up all my contacts. On the other hand, when I go through the icon, CONTACTS, some are missing. Basically all my contacts are through GMAIL.

How can get all my contacts to open on CONTACTS? On SETTINGS I have "all contacts" checked. It doesn't matter, they still only show up by going to PHONE>CONTACTS. I've tried to add my missing contacts under DEVICE also, but it won't let me as it always defaults back to GMAIL contacts, and doesn't let me duplicate a contact. I prefer having the contacts merged from the two sources, GMAIL and DEVICE.

I would appreciate any help....thanks in advance.

Well now, I can see there were no answers. But.....all the contacts just showed up spontaneously. I have no idea why either.
    08-12-2016 12:52 PM
    I have a Galaxy Note 5 but I haven't been capable to use the option print - > save as PDF as I used in other models of telephones.

Can you please check if you are able to?

If not, I do guess Samsung has removed such option.

I installed print plugins for my printer but doesn't give me the option save as pdf only print directly to the printer.

It was a quite useful option I used to print out the bank bills to keep evidence on payment. I am not sure if that print option if discontinued and now I should use share, I would like to know if there any good software that permit to print as pdf emulating that feature available in all the rest of modern telephone a using Android.

Looking forward any tip
    09-12-2016 05:26 PM
    My note 5 did a software update today and the emoji and clipboard went missing when i press the mic/gear button on the keyboard, i tried restarting and did a clear cach force stop to the samsung keyboard app but nothing fixed the problem, i dont want to install any third party app as the stock keyboard was working perfectly for me, any help please!
    11-06-2016 05:25 PM
    Well I have 2 questions about my wife's Note 5

1) Does it have additional storage for photos? If so where? I can't seem to find the photos when viewing the device in Windows 10.. I've looked in vzpics, pictures, dcim.... yet when I clear data in google photos, after a few mins hundreds show up again
    2) In google drive, I found hundreds of photos in mydrive\photos and more in google photos. again where are they stored on the phone and how can I merge them?

What we are seeing is, new pics show up in google photos and in the gallery, yet any old photos or or ones that are downloaded from email or text seem to only show up in the gallery

Can someone explain the difference, where they are stored, how can I merge them and keep them straight?

What a mess
    Thanks in advance
    Rick
    11-07-2016 12:44 AM
    Well I have 2 questions about my wife's Note 5

1) Does it have additional storage for photos? If so where? I can't seem to find the photos when viewing the device in Windows 10.. I've looked in vzpics, pictures, dcim.... yet when I clear data in google photos, after a few mins hundreds show up again
    2) In google drive, I found hundreds of photos in mydrive\photos and more in google photos. again where are they stored on the phone and how can I merge them?

What we are seeing is, new pics show up in google photos and in the gallery, yet any old photos or or ones that are downloaded from email or text seem to only show up in the gallery

Can someone explain the difference, where they are stored, how can I merge them and keep them straight?

What a mess
    Thanks in advance
    Rick
    OK so tonight I searched the phone again on my computer, can't find any photos, anywhere. There is nothing in Google Photos in her Google Drive. I cleared the data/cache in the app and it says everything is going away, ok cool... I then started Google Photos on her phone and it requested access, granted, then all of her pictures come back.

Now, I don't think they are full res or local for that matter, in fact I think they are just thumb nails since over 1100 showed up in about 30 seconds and when I select a photo and select Info, it doesn't tell me the file location. If I select the hamburger stack in the upper right corner when viewing a photo, I can select to restore, when I do that I get another picture in Google Photos and this new one gives me a location on the internal storage dcim\restored. Now it has a location on the internal storage that I can see in Windows Explorer.

So, were are the thumb nails coming from and how do I nix them all since I have a backup of all photos saved on my computer so I can start over with a clean slate

Thanks in advance
    Rick
    11-07-2016 08:03 PM
    I'm guessing that it's just the Google apps with access to the phone's built in gallery. I don't use Google photos to back up my photos, but when I open Google photo, it shows my gallery photos and it will ask if I want to "keep backup turned off", or "turn on backup". Just Google being Google.
    11-17-2016 08:59 AM
    My New Unlocked Note 5 64gig is coming in a few days, I have a BlackBerry Priv so Im use to Android, but how do you take a screen shot on the Note 5?
    12-19-2016 07:21 PM
    Hi I am from Australia and recently Samsung pushed Grace UI OTA. Now have two problems. (1) There is no switch to turn on or off fast charging. (2) My favourites have disappeared in the phone app.

Anyone have any ideas.
    12-21-2016 05:20 PM
    Hi I am from Australia and recently Samsung pushed Grace UI OTA. Now have two problems. (1) There is no switch to turn on or off fast charging. (2) My favourites have disappeared in the phone app.

Anyone have any ideas.
    Forget the charging question. I found that.
    12-21-2016 11:12 PM
    My New Unlocked Note 5 64gig is coming in a few days, I have a BlackBerry Priv so Im use to Android, but how do you take a screen shot on the Note 5?
    Settings - advanced features - Palm swipe to take screen shot. Easiest way imho.
    texn884 likes this.
    12-23-2016 03:04 AM
381 ... 13141516