07-04-2018 06:34 PM
381 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Does the Note 5 come with the Stagefright patch already installed?
    08-17-2015 11:05 PM
    Do you have a 32 or 64 gigabyte version? If 32 how much gigs remain after the essential apps are installed?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 12:56 AM
    Do you have a 32 or 64 gigabyte version? If 32 how much gigs remain after the essential apps are installed?

24.44 GB out of 32GB. He has the euro model he said since this question Has been asked. Wait, sorry that is what comes out of the box.

OP, can you answer this posters question?
    08-18-2015 07:01 AM
    Andrew, do you think with light use like browsing, forums, email etc you could easily get 5 - 6 hours of Screen on Time, even if having to charge within 10 hours.

Coming from a Note 3 and not having your experience of an S6 with its tiddly little battery.....
    of all the negative issues raised, having a max of only 2.5 - 3.5 hours SOT without a charge would kill it for me as a Note.
    08-18-2015 07:25 AM
    I notice the power button is placed in a similar position compared to my Nexus 6. I'm always having a fit with where that button is placed. Thankfully, the volume rocker is on the other side of this phone. Compared to the Nexus 6, do you find yourself hitting the power button all the time on accident?
    08-18-2015 08:51 AM
    abcd
    08-18-2015 10:05 AM
    There's actually a thread on it here and on XDA. I'm not the only crazy one. Happened on two S6s and an Active. But good to see you haven't had that issue here.
    damn, I just noticed this the last few days.. When I'm working too hard (read: don't touch my phone for several hours, it's just on my desk), I don't seem to get pushbullet and whatsapp notifications

Seems like the android M "sleep" pattern to save battery.. it doesn't pull/push the notifications live anymorge, but maybe after a defined period?
    08-18-2015 10:07 AM
    damn, I just noticed this the last few days.. When I'm working too hard (read: don't touch my phone for several hours, it's just on my desk), I don't seem to get pushbullet and whatsapp notifications

Seems like the android M "sleep" pattern to save battery.. it doesn't pull/push the notifications live anymorge, but maybe after a defined period?
    My Nexus 6 doesn't do it. But each S6 I had did. What phone are you currently using?
    08-18-2015 10:09 AM
    Normal Samsung S6
    08-18-2015 10:15 AM
    23.75GB left on the AT&T model.
    08-18-2015 01:19 PM

This is definitely not correct behavior for the device, and definitely not future marshmallow behavior. Android 6.0 will not use a true "deepsleep" in the way you are describing. You will still get instant notifications. Your device, or your software is abnormal.
    08-18-2015 04:10 PM
    I can tell you the double click is there, and the camera appears to be the same but with more software features including manual shutter speed.

What's the maximum shutter speed allowed?
    08-18-2015 09:01 PM

As noted earlier, I have a 32GB version. 24.44GB free out of 32, remembering this is an unlocked Euro model with no carrier software. Sounds like the carrier models are similar, but with a bit less (in the 23GB range) available.

Andrew, do you think with light use like browsing, forums, email etc you could easily get 5 - 6 hours of Screen on Time, even if having to charge within 10 hours.

Coming from a Note 3 and not having your experience of an S6 with its tiddly little battery.....
    of all the negative issues raised, having a max of only 2.5 - 3.5 hours SOT without a charge would kill it for me as a Note.
    Really depends what you're doing and what you're willing to set up your phone like to maximize your screen on time. I never spend hours straight looking at my phone, so I'm obviously going to have a shorter screen-on time and a longer total battery time. As I noted here it's no issue for me to get 3.5 hours scree-on out of it — but it's all going to depend how you use it.

I notice the power button is placed in a similar position compared to my Nexus 6. I'm always having a fit with where that button is placed. Thankfully, the volume rocker is on the other side of this phone. Compared to the Nexus 6, do you find yourself hitting the power button all the time on accident?
    I never had much issue with the Nexus 6 accidentally hitting any buttons (or hitting the wrong button), and I haven't had such an issue on the Note 5 either. Easy to reach up and hit it with the thumb of my right hand, and because the volume keys are higher on the right side I don't hit them accidentally when gripping the phone to hit power.

Also somewhat mitigated by the fact that you often just use a press of the home button to turn on the screen, since you'll already be putting your finger there to unlock with a fingerprint.

What's the maximum shutter speed allowed?
    You can choose between 1/24000 sec and 10 sec when using Pro mode.

Depends what you consider "essential," and that question will vary wildly between people. All I can say is the unlocked model has 24.44GB out of 32GB free. It isn't going to change dramatically after you install a handful of apps that are only ~25MB each. Only huge games and lots of media files will have a considerable impact on your storage.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:08 PM
    As noted earlier, I have a 32GB version. 24.44GB free out of 32, remembering this is an unlocked Euro model with no carrier software. Sounds like the carrier models are similar, but with a bit less (in the 23GB range) available.

Really depends what you're doing and what you're willing to set up your phone like to maximize your screen on time. I never spend hours straight looking at my phone, so I'm obviously going to have a shorter screen-on time and a longer total battery time. As I noted here it's no issue for me to get 3.5 hours scree-on out of it — but it's all going to depend how you use it.

I never had much issue with the Nexus 6 accidentally hitting any buttons (or hitting the wrong button), and I haven't had such an issue on the Note 5 either. Easy to reach up and hit it with the thumb of my right hand, and because the volume keys are higher on the right side I don't hit them accidentally when gripping the phone to hit power.

Also somewhat mitigated by the fact that you often just use a press of the home button to turn on the screen, since you'll already be putting your finger there to unlock with a fingerprint.

You can choose between 1/24000 sec and 10 sec when using Pro mode.

Depends what you consider "essential," and that question will vary wildly between people. All I can say is the unlocked model has 24.44GB out of 32GB free. It isn't going to change dramatically after you install a handful of apps that are only ~25MB each. Only huge games and lots of media files will have a considerable impact on your storage.
    Thanks for your response. 10 seconds may not be as good as the G4, but that would still be enough for me. Hmmmmm.
    08-18-2015 10:13 PM
    This is definitely not correct behavior for the device, and definitely not future marshmallow behavior. Android 6.0 will not use a true "deepsleep" in the way you are describing. You will still get instant notifications. Your device, or your software is abnormal.
    I've had 3 different S6s that showed the same behavior.
    08-18-2015 10:49 PM
    Hi, sorry for my bad english

Can you play 60fps videos from Youtube app on your note 5?

My Note 5 can't play any 60fps videos (except video from camera that you recorded in 60fps you can play in gallery smoothly)
    08-19-2015 01:43 AM
    Does your Galaxy Note 5 hangs or crash when pressing the home button after long periods of inactivity?
    08-19-2015 04:26 AM
    Mine doesn't work properly at times.
    08-19-2015 04:43 AM
    Is it worth the $1,099 samsung want in Australia for a 32Gb??
    08-19-2015 04:56 AM
    Hi, sorry for my bad english

Can you play 60fps videos from Youtube app and any internet browser on your note 5?

My Note 5 can't play any 60fps videos (except video from camera that you recorded in 60fps you can play in gallery smoothly)

Pls reply me, this issue very annoying with me and my friends who owns Note 5 in Thailand
    Seriously you can get a Note 5 in Thailand already? What is samsung doing!!
    08-19-2015 04:57 AM
    deleted
    08-19-2015 08:35 AM
    S- Note... I like it, but it could be better. Is it the same version that is on the Note 4? (4.1)

The current way it integrates the quick notes and the regular full s notes is kinda clunky.
    karsdroid likes this.
    08-19-2015 08:38 AM
    SHUTTER!
    Can you silent the camera shutter?

I currently have a lg g2 and gives option to turn off camera shutter completely. I upgraded to lg g4 and the phone had to be on silent otherwise you will here the click (kinda annoying if you wanted to take a selfie without notice lol) l. returned my g4 to wait for note 5!! (woot woot)

Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-19-2015 11:21 AM
    Yeah, it's in the camera settings.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-19-2015 11:33 AM
    Yeah, it's in the camera settings.
    Woooottttt woootttt arg cant wait for bestbuy to release mine..

08-19-2015 11:37 AM
381 ... 34567 ...