I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, you have manual shutter speed controls up to 10 seconds. So not quite as long as the g4 (30 sec) but plenty long enough for 99.9% of long exposure photos you'd want to take.

Does the OIS help with long exposures or do you need a tripod?

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Does the OIS help with long exposures or do you need a tripod?
There is no established length for what is considered Long Exposure photography. But as a rule, OIS won't really hold long enough for the type of photos people generally consider as a long exposure.
OIS is great for low light and/or indoor shots for people. But if you want light trails and such, you should use a tripod.

uberclaud

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Why would they get rid of the menu button?
Supposedly you can long press the back key to get the menu button for older apps but it doesn't work.
And the took our all the ways to customize TouchWiz. You can no longer turn off multi window

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I love they put the recent menu's button as a capacitive button. I didn't like having to hold the home button to multi task on my Note 3. THIS is far better.

smbrewer

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
The long press on my Home Button is not recent apps which I want. Usually no big deal but I'm not spotting a "buttons" choice in the settings. Where are they hiding that setting?

Posted via the Android Central App

smbrewer

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Yup, I saw that but I would still like to change the long press on the home button. Have you spotted where the setting is for that?

Note 5 User

MNBackpacker

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I dont think the the sprint version has it i cant find it..

Any one recommend an app to turn the shutter off.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought providers would shift features in things like that. Go figure.
On Verizon, you tap on the settings icon/gear in the camera pane, and one of the last things before "reset settings" is "Shutter Sound" - A simple On/Off toggle.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I wouldn't have thought providers would shift features in things like that. Go figure.
On Verizon, you tap on the settings icon/gear in the camera pane, and one of the last things before "reset settings" is "Shutter Sound" - A simple On/Off toggle.
uploadfromtaptalk1440346520744.jpg
Sprint version. Arggg... hehe

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
The long press on my Home Button is not recent apps which I want. Usually no big deal but I'm not spotting a "buttons" choice in the settings. Where are they hiding that setting?

Posted via the Android Central App
Never ever heard of this feature on any Samsung device. Which is a pity of course!

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
smbrewer..... I am still using a Note 3 with Nova Launcher but I use the long press of my menu (left of home) to open recent apps. There are multiple gesture settings to do the same thing. I have the paid Nova Launcher for access to all these gesture settings. I love Nova Launcher and hope to get my Note 5 soon.

Abdul Basith Ali

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
I bought a Note5 day before yesterday and I have been facing problems with the network. That is, my network just drops and after sometime, I get messages for the Missed Call Alert thing. Are you facing this problem as well.
And also, the music tends to pause at times when I lock the phone. Could you shed me some light on this matter?

EDIT : It also takes a long time to get a dial tone when I try to call someone.

Last edited:

Todds7

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Andrew, could you please advise me if there is a way to do HDMI output on this device. I've owned the last 3 Note versions and have always been able to use an MHL to HDMI adapter to send video out but I'm understanding that the Note 5 doesn't support it. Is there another option or am I stuck with only wireless options. We tend to stream movies while camping to a projector and so wifi dependent setups are not usable.

Diraan

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'd also like to know if the Note 5 has an HDMI out. Not a deal-breaker for me, but definitely a let-down for someone who travels quite a bit.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to know if the Note 5 has an HDMI out. Not a deal-breaker for me, but definitely a let-down for someone who travels quite a bit.
Unfortunately no. I bought a new Samsung MHL/HDMI for my Note 4 one month ago, tried it on my Note 5, the port does not even fit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar