I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

DB2008

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Note 5 only a few days but I have not felt any heat while multitasking and I do a lot of it. So far, feels fine.

I have noticed a fairly decent difference in speaker sound vs my Note 3 (that I just transferred from) and I thought the same thing about the volume on mine. I was unable to hear Spotify very well when in the car but I can hear the Note 5 fine. I have a small shower room vs a big open bathroom so I can hear it fine over the water but since a small room, I don't use it cause of the steam.

Is it slipperier holding on handed as the back isn't grooved like the note 3. But you get used to it quickly and adjust to it. That being said, I used to be able to quickly throw the 3 in my back pocket but I'm not so fast with the 5. I will be getting a case for mine and would suggest everyone do the same. Have a great day!

cesj

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
ready to throw this in the bin!!!!

I use apps that use 3 dot menu key (overflow menu) that are not being upgraded

the long press method only brings up the split screen

come from am HTC M8 which still has the 3 dot menu key

also just checked an Nexus 5 which also has the key

do not buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

unless there is a solution

go for an M8 or a Nexus

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
ready to throw this in the bin!!!!

I use apps that use 3 dot menu key (overflow menu) that are not being upgraded

the long press method only brings up the split screen

come from am HTC M8 which still has the 3 dot menu key

also just checked an Nexus 5 which also has the key

do not buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 5

unless there is a solution

go for an M8 or a Nexus

That's not a fault with the phone, that's a fault with the app. Try contacting the developer to see if they are going to update the app. Also you long press the back button to bring up the menu, not the recent apps button.

cesj

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
the apps work on HTCC M8 and not on Samsung

that is a fault with the phone

Samsung changed away and obviously did not check or think about this problem

I repeat

do not buy a Samsung

demon_pc

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
the apps work on HTCC M8 and not on Samsung

that is a fault with the phone

Samsung changed away and obviously did not check or think about this problem

I repeat

do not buy a Samsung

Please explain how this is the fault of samsung? Ok the app works with htc and not with samsung. But it sounds like you are judging the whole phone off of this. Again i would like you to explain how this is samsungs fault, so i can understand what you are trying to say. So i dont misunderstand you.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung Note 5, running 5.1.1
Kindly assist me to clear the S Calendar entirely. Unnecessary accounts are visible under S Calendar, i don't just want to deselect them but delete / remove everything.
I have tried the following:
1. S Calendar, More, Manage accounts - i can't find an option te delete account
2. Settings, Applications, All, S Calendar, Clear data & clear Cache - it did not remove anything from the calendar

I used side sync and smart switch to swap from my Samsung S5 to the note 5. That is why some of the accounts and calendar entries are duplicated.
I just spend 30 minutes on the phone with the Samsung help desk and though the guy was very friendly he could not resolve my issue. He suggested i backup the device and master reset everything and restore but not the email accounts or calendar and set those up manually. That sounds to risky to me, surely the software should allow to remove the content.
It would be great so clear everything and start over completely. PLEASE HELP ME!

Sharing a few suggestions that you may have already considered or tried.

You could try Settings/Account and then select the Samsung Account. In there, click on the email address you used to setup and register for the Samsung Account. There's an option to turn off sync for Calendar - if you have initially set that option up. It may not delete the S Calendar data, but should help prevent more information from populating there in the future.

Recommend being cautious about deleting the information in your S Calendar as it could be tied to your Google account/calendar or other calendar source. If you delete the information in the S Calendar the next time the calendar syncs up with your calendar data source, then that data source could also be in essence deleted.

nieedo3

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Bought new note 5 duo, imei and s/n is mentioned on back of my note 5. Its not a sticker.. its permanent. Any idea why imei number is on back ?

cesj

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Further to this missing 3 dot menu bar

there is a partial solution to at least one of the apps in question

found by trolling around the other forums

settings, personal, accessibility, dexterity and interaction, assistant menu, turn it on

then in the program press the 4 squares and scroll down or up to the menu

the other apps still do not work when pressing this substitution for the 3 dot type of menu bar

still not impressed in Samsung's removal of the 3 dot menu

will still not recommend buying a Samsung to anyone

YoungSheeps

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know if the ram management issue is going to be fixed? Having 5 apps opened at once isn't very impressive for 4GB ram. I am getting a 6P but I might go back to the Note 5 if the problems are solved.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the ram management issue is going to be fixed? Having 5 apps opened at once isn't very impressive for 4GB ram. I am getting a 6P but I might go back to the Note 5 if the problems are solved.

I didn't know that there is a RAM management problem with TouchWiz and the Note 5. Is something in the Note 5's Android implementation preventing more than five apps from being open at a time?

Nothing wrong with 6P instead of Note 5, just wondering if there is a specific article or thread about the Note 5's apparent RAM management problem. I'd like to learn more.

YoungSheeps

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I didn't know that there is a RAM management problem with TouchWiz and the Note 5. Is something in the Note 5's Android implementation preventing more than five apps from being open at a time?

Nothing wrong with 6P instead of Note 5, just wondering if there is a specific article or thread about the Note 5's apparent RAM management problem. I'd like to learn more.

Apparently with the Note 5, you can't open more than 5 apps at once, otherwise it'll close them. That's the same as many other phones, but the Note 5 has 4gbs of ram while others only 3.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Apparently with the Note 5, you can't open more than 5 apps at once, otherwise it'll close them. That's the same as many other phones, but the Note 5 has 4gbs of ram while others only 3.

Well that's just flat out wrong.

Attachments

• 1449539537628.jpg
    1449539537628.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 29

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Not what I had in mind when I said running 5 apps at once... But ok, sure. Have you tried running 6 games at once? That seems to do it for the NOte 5 as it has to reload.

How else would you run 5 apps at once?

Why would I ever be playing 6 games at once?

First it was 5 now it's 6. I don't know. I had 6 windows open simultaneously and jumped from one to the other with no problem.

YoungSheeps

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
How else would you run 5 apps at once?

Why would I ever be playing 6 games at once?

First it was 5 now it's 6. I don't know. I had 6 windows open simultaneously and jumped from one to the other with no problem.

Well I DID say "more" than 5 apps at once. Why? I don't know, if you have a lot of games and you end up checking all of them, but forgot something on the 1st game you played, and have to go back and do something. Realistically, it would probably be like 3 games and a couple other apps running at once, easy.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I DID say "more" than 5 apps at once. Why? I don't know, if you have a lot of games and you end up checking all of them, but forgot something on the 1st game you played, and have to go back and do something. Realistically, it would probably be like 3 games and a couple other apps running at once, easy.

And I DID picture "more" than 5 apps at once, all running perfectly. The vines in my twitter feed were playing while I was scrolling through other apps and opening other windows. It's something I'm sure nobody would ever realistically do, but my point is it can be done quite easily without a problem

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Further to this missing 3 dot menu bar

there is a partial solution to at least one of the apps in question

found by trolling around the other forums

settings, personal, accessibility, dexterity and interaction, assistant menu, turn it on

then in the program press the 4 squares and scroll down or up to the menu

the other apps still do not work when pressing this substitution for the 3 dot type of menu bar

still not impressed in Samsung's removal of the 3 dot menu

will still not recommend buying a Samsung to anyone

You have to long press the back button, which is located to the RIGHT of the physical home button to bring up the "3 dot menu bar"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza