I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, need some advise. If I am looking to purchase a used Note 5 for VZW 64GB. What should I be looking out for. I am seeing locked and unlocked phones. How can an unlocked phone come with VZW?

Here is the model # of one that I am looking at. SM-N920VZKEVZW

Anyway to tell if this has the issue with the Spen getting stuck inside?

BUDz Clark

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a new Sprint Samsung Note 5 and I'm trying to figure out if I would be able to switch the Note 5 from Sprint to StraightTalk. I have the IMEI and MEID if that helps. I called straight talk but the phone is activated on the sprint network so they can't tell me if it qualifies for Straight Talks BYOP program until its unactivated from sprint. So can anyone tell me if its possible? Please and thanks so much for trying to help me? I really need to know ASAP because I don't want some one else to buy it

Fuad Yusuf

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
While I don't have problem with Note 3, I do have problem with Note 5...i.e. syncing is only one way from PC to HP and refuse from HP to PC?

Any tips welcomed!

amra232

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
HI. My samsung Galaxy Note 5 recently upgraded to Marshmellow. Since then I am not able to do wireless print through the HP Print service plug in. The printer is not being recognised. Bute when I connect USB cable to my phone when PC is on it prints.
The Phone and the printer is on the same network. My tablet which has Lollypop is able to print wirelessly with no problem. Similarly my Dell Inspiron Lap top and Desk top both have no problems. Only the Note 5.
Please help

look-fast

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
hi my latest upgrade is to the marshmallow 6.0.0 only. seems my most used favorite contact is missing. any idea how to get it back? the contacts are all still ok in the gmail list on the pc. pls help. thanks!

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
hi my latest upgrade is to the marshmallow 6.0.0 only. seems my most used favorite contact is missing. any idea how to get it back? the contacts are all still ok in the gmail list on the pc. pls help. thanks!

If it's just one contact why don't you just put it back in?

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone move from an iPhone 6/6s and find the size just too big? It's a big leap in size and I just don't know.

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!

look-fast

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If it's just one contact why don't you just put it back in?

lol yeah.. it's the one contact - my husband - i use the most and has the most info...i thot of readding in my phone but then it will be duplicate in google account....?

i don't know if other contacts are missing too tho..

np i will just have to wait for next upgrade.. grr

May 13, 2016
Visit site
^Pop-up preview seems to be disabled. You have to check your settings.

Does it go app by app settings or is it a general setting? Because I am positive I have it enabled on messaging apps. It pops up the message over my content which I actually don't like. Before my previews were relegated to the actual status bar rather than over the app I was working on.

bearone2

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I am also a new Android user (previous phones were iPhone) and new to commenting/searching/EVERYTHING online forums for answers, so bear with me.

I may be CRAZY, but I seem to recall that my Note 5 (the first few months I had it) would show the content of a notification in the status bar in addition to the icon up top. For example, when I receive a text message, the little envelope would show up in the status bar as well as the content of the text message itself would display briefly up top.
Or if I installed a new app, the status bar would briefly display "_________ Successfully installed".

But ever since I updated to 6.0.1, that feature has gone away. Now it's just the icons in my status bar.

Two questions:
1. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember this feature?
2. If it was there, where did it go? How can I get it back?

I love the ability to see my notification content displayed "ticker style" as I would be using another app, etc. Please help!

settings/lock screen.....show content

Paradroid01

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Does it go app by app settings or is it a general setting? Because I am positive I have it enabled on messaging apps. It pops up the message over my content which I actually don't like. Before my previews were relegated to the actual status bar rather than over the app I was working on.
Ah, I see. You mean a ticker style feature. I guess, it's not implemented anymore. Maybe there's an app around including this feature.

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it seems not. Because all of my notifications show content on lock screen or swipe down. That wasn't really the issue. But I guess that's a bit of Lollipop that is gone forever! Bummer. I guess I'm in the minority of users that liked it.

mellonxcollie

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Anyone move from an iPhone 6/6s and find the size just too big? It's a big leap in size and I just don't know.

Nah, I love the size, personally. Got used to it the first day, and now I can't imagine using a smaller phone again. Everything is better, from having a larger screen for video, higher resolution for general browsing, and more space between keys on the keyboard making general typing better. It's wonderful.

The only thing that's sort of "too big" about it is that I tend to use my phone with my left hand, its back button is too far to reach one-handed, but that'd be resolved if Samsung just flipped the menu and back buttons to match every other Android phone.

Last edited:

nursefrail

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
guys may u ask if my note 5's freezing/ restarting problem will resolve if i reflash my OS using smartswitch? thank you.
ialrrady tried factory reset and wipw cahce but nothing works..