I have a Galaxy Note 5 — ask me about it!

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: CONTACTS

On the PHONE icon, selecting "contacts" brings up all my contacts. On the other hand, when I go through the icon, CONTACTS, some are missing. Basically all my contacts are through GMAIL.

How can get all my contacts to open on CONTACTS? On SETTINGS I have "all contacts" checked. It doesn't matter, they still only show up by going to PHONE>CONTACTS. I've tried to add my missing contacts under DEVICE also, but it won't let me as it always defaults back to GMAIL contacts, and doesn't let me duplicate a contact. I prefer having the contacts merged from the two sources, GMAIL and DEVICE.

I would appreciate any help....thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: CONTACTS

On the PHONE icon, selecting "contacts" brings up all my contacts. On the other hand, when I go through the icon, CONTACTS, some are missing. Basically all my contacts are through GMAIL.

How can get all my contacts to open on CONTACTS? On SETTINGS I have "all contacts" checked. It doesn't matter, they still only show up by going to PHONE>CONTACTS. I've tried to add my missing contacts under DEVICE also, but it won't let me as it always defaults back to GMAIL contacts, and doesn't let me duplicate a contact. I prefer having the contacts merged from the two sources, GMAIL and DEVICE.

I would appreciate any help....thanks in advance.

Well now, I can see there were no answers. But.....all the contacts just showed up spontaneously. I have no idea why either.

aomunozb

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note 5 but I haven't been capable to use the option print - > save as PDF as I used in other models of telephones.

Can you please check if you are able to?

If not, I do guess Samsung has removed such option.

I installed print plugins for my printer but doesn't give me the option save as pdf only print directly to the printer.

It was a quite useful option I used to print out the bank bills to keep evidence on payment. I am not sure if that print option if discontinued and now I should use share, I would like to know if there any good software that permit to print as pdf emulating that feature available in all the rest of modern telephone a using Android.

Looking forward any tip

lchoufani

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
My note 5 did a software update today and the emoji and clipboard went missing when i press the mic/gear button on the keyboard, i tried restarting and did a clear cach force stop to the samsung keyboard app but nothing fixed the problem, i dont want to install any third party app as the stock keyboard was working perfectly for me, any help please!

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I have 2 questions about my wife's Note 5

1) Does it have additional storage for photos? If so where? I can't seem to find the photos when viewing the device in Windows 10.. I've looked in vzpics, pictures, dcim.... yet when I clear data in google photos, after a few mins hundreds show up again
2) In google drive, I found hundreds of photos in mydrive\photos and more in google photos. again where are they stored on the phone and how can I merge them?

What we are seeing is, new pics show up in google photos and in the gallery, yet any old photos or or ones that are downloaded from email or text seem to only show up in the gallery

Can someone explain the difference, where they are stored, how can I merge them and keep them straight?

What a mess
Thanks in advance
Rick

Last edited:

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I have 2 questions about my wife's Note 5

1) Does it have additional storage for photos? If so where? I can't seem to find the photos when viewing the device in Windows 10.. I've looked in vzpics, pictures, dcim.... yet when I clear data in google photos, after a few mins hundreds show up again
2) In google drive, I found hundreds of photos in mydrive\photos and more in google photos. again where are they stored on the phone and how can I merge them?

What we are seeing is, new pics show up in google photos and in the gallery, yet any old photos or or ones that are downloaded from email or text seem to only show up in the gallery

Can someone explain the difference, where they are stored, how can I merge them and keep them straight?

What a mess
Thanks in advance
Rick

OK so tonight I searched the phone again on my computer, can't find any photos, anywhere. There is nothing in Google Photos in her Google Drive. I cleared the data/cache in the app and it says everything is going away, ok cool... I then started Google Photos on her phone and it requested access, granted, then all of her pictures come back.

Now, I don't think they are full res or local for that matter, in fact I think they are just thumb nails since over 1100 showed up in about 30 seconds and when I select a photo and select Info, it doesn't tell me the file location. If I select the hamburger stack in the upper right corner when viewing a photo, I can select to restore, when I do that I get another picture in Google Photos and this new one gives me a location on the internal storage dcim\restored. Now it has a location on the internal storage that I can see in Windows Explorer.

So, were are the thumb nails coming from and how do I nix them all since I have a backup of all photos saved on my computer so I can start over with a clean slate

Thanks in advance
Rick

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that it's just the Google apps with access to the phone's built in gallery. I don't use Google photos to back up my photos, but when I open Google photo, it shows my gallery photos and it will ask if I want to "keep backup turned off", or "turn on backup". Just Google being Google.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My New Unlocked Note 5 64gig is coming in a few days, I have a BlackBerry Priv so Im use to Android, but how do you take a screen shot on the Note 5?

Gushen

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am from Australia and recently Samsung pushed Grace UI OTA. Now have two problems. (1) There is no switch to turn on or off fast charging. (2) My favourites have disappeared in the phone app.

Anyone have any ideas.

Gushen

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am from Australia and recently Samsung pushed Grace UI OTA. Now have two problems. (1) There is no switch to turn on or off fast charging. (2) My favourites have disappeared in the phone app.

Anyone have any ideas.

Forget the charging question. I found that.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Why would this happen?

Several months ago the fast charger that came with my Note 5 broke , gone forever. I was pissed. I tried the charger that came with my Nexus 6, that too is a fast charger(Motorola Turbo charger). The Note 5 would not fast charger and would tell me it was cable charging. Took forever to charge , long story short, I kept using the N6 charger as it was the only one that would charge it at all, we'll over night phone was on charge except it wasn't and this morning phone was at 5%, for hours it barely charged , I had to go out, battery was at 11% and as soon as I turned it on it dropped to 8% then 5% and within minutes was at 1%.

Got home ,turned it off and plugged it into the Motorola Turbo charger, set it aside , a while later (not long) I checked and it was at 42% ,wtf I thought, no way, let it be and bang it was nearly 80% not long after....now I'm excited...I turn it on and sure enough it says FAST CHARGING.

earlier that morning I did blow out the charging dock on phone and cable, but I had done this before so I don't think it was that . I'm at a loss but happy it's charging fast again

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Why would this happen?

Several months ago the fast charger that came with my Note 5 broke , gone forever. I was pissed. I tried the charger that came with my Nexus 6, that too is a fast charger(Motorola Turbo charger). The Note 5 would not fast charger and would tell me it was cable charging. Took forever to charge , long story short, I kept using the N6 charger as it was the only one that would charge it at all, we'll over night phone was on charge except it wasn't and this morning phone was at 5%, for hours it barely charged , I had to go out, battery was at 11% and as soon as I turned it on it dropped to 8% then 5% and within minutes was at 1%.

Got home ,turned it off and plugged it into the Motorola Turbo charger, set it aside , a while later (not long) I checked and it was at 42% ,wtf I thought, no way, let it be and bang it was nearly 80% not long after....now I'm excited...I turn it on and sure enough it says FAST CHARGING.

earlier that morning I did blow out the charging dock on phone and cable, but I had done this before so I don't think it was that . I'm at a loss but happy it's charging fast again
Thanks for the insight. I don't use fast charging but if people have this issue, at least they have something to go on.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Settings - advanced features - Palm swipe to take screen shot. Easiest way imho.

Because of the stylus there is an even quicker and easier way to take a screenshot.

1. Take out the S Pen to launch Air Command, tap on Screen Write.

2. The screen will flash and capture a single screenshot.

JohnDohe

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
How to hardwire Galaxy Note 5 to my LAN not my WiFi?

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I want to hardwire to my LAN-network.

I want to be able to turn off the phone's WiFi, plug the phone into my ethernet cable, and surf the internet.

Also, I don't want to jailbreak the phone.

Is there a way?

Thanks!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to hardwire Galaxy Note 5 to my LAN not my WiFi?

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that I want to hardwire to my LAN-network.

I want to be able to turn off the phone's WiFi, plug the phone into my ethernet cable, and surf the internet.

Also, I don't want to jailbreak the phone.

Is there a way?

Thanks!
No

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis