Not left hand friendly?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah ok. How would you feel if a phone came out on the market with a flip cover that flipped open in the opposite direction making it unbelievably inconvenient to use. Would you be all rays and sunshine? The preview for the galaxy note 5 here in Australia showed a keyboard with what looked like a portfolio style cover. Oh well guess it's a reason for me not to even look at it. There's a reason left handed people can't use portfolio cases. Phone companies need to realize this and actually bother marketing for a WHOLE market instead of only a select one that not everyone can use

That's like saying you won't buy a house or rent an apartment because the doors swing open to the opposite side of your dominant hand..

I'm guessing you're grown and have gone to school... Did you protest the school books and notebooks as well? Because they all open to the left...

Posted via the Android Central App

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm done with this thread. Clearly noone cares about the fact that there should be folio cases for left handed people as well as right handed people. Oh that's right. Cause they're all right handed and obviously don't care cause it's not an issue for THEM. I'm done

c1nnamon

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This arrogant attitude is what I'm talking about from right handed people. All my life I've been told "Oh well put up with it". Why should I have to? I have just as much right as a right handed person to be able to use a device that is convenient for me. I'm not the only left handed people in the world but we ALWAYS get forgotten about because right handed people have that kind of attitude

We're forgotten because we're smart and can adapt easily. I'm left handed and could care less if something was made right handed or left handed because 99.99% of the time I can adapt and in most cases do it better.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am sort of dual handed (haha). I am dominant right but certain tasks must be left handed such as using a fork, brushing my teeth, or my hair -- I guess from watching my Dad (he is left) ? Not sure :p.

As for the topic at hand .. More people are right handed. It doesn't mean Samsung just instantly only cares about that but they probably see what most have and go with that. Remember companies likes Samsung want $ so they will usually do what is best for the company and not always the customer.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's like saying you won't buy a house or rent an apartment because the doors swing open to the opposite side of your dominant hand..

I'm guessing you're grown and have gone to school... Did you protest the school books and notebooks as well? Because they all open to the left...

Posted via the Android Central App
Refrigerator doors can open either way. Sometimes it's better for them to be left handed depending on the design of the kitchen.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am sort of dual handed (haha). I am dominant right but certain tasks must be left handed such as using a fork, brushing my teeth, or my hair -- I guess from watching my Dad (he is left) ? Not sure .

As for the topic at hand .. More people are right handed. It doesn't mean Samsung just instantly only cares about that but they probably see what most have and go with that. Remember companies likes Samsung want $ so they will usually do what is best for the company and not always the customer.
I'm somewhat dual handed as well. I write right handed and throw right handed. But I bat either way and rake leaves and shovel snow left handed.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm done with this thread. Clearly noone cares about the fact that there should be folio cases for left handed people as well as right handed people. Oh that's right. Cause they're all right handed and obviously don't care cause it's not an issue for THEM. I'm done
I'm left handed. Very dedicated I might add. I come from the time if you were caught writing in school with your left hand, it was slapped with a yard stick, because it is the "devil's hand".

That being said, if you saw, before you bought it, that it was designed for the right hand, why did you buy it? There are plenty of cases that can be used either hand. The phone has settings as well for left handed people. Why are you crying so much? You bought it. No one forced you. Suck it up buttercup!

In the military, we were trained to adapt and overcome. Most weapons are designed right handed, but you learned how to over come it. Same with a case. Its designed for the right hand, and you're left handed. Uuummmm, is your right hand missing or dead? I use both of my hands for many things. Why not try it.

And after all that, if it still bothers you, here's an idea. Design, make, and market, left handed cases. Heck, I'd probably buy one if it provided decent protection, just for the gimmick of it. But to come and whine on a forum, because YOU bought the wrong item, is just plain silly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I had a friend that was ambidextrous in school he would change his bowling hand in cricket all the time and he could write with either hand. I think that's pretty cool.

But anyway if the Note 5 is not going to work for some lefties what about the edge+ it's got a double edge and should work for either hand.

dreaming of electric sheep

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a friend that was ambidextrous in school he would change his bowling hand in cricket all the time and he could write with either hand. I think that's pretty cool.

But anyway if the Note 5 is not going to work for some lefties what about the edge+ it's got a double edge and should work for either hand.

dreaming of electric sheep

This Note will work just like all the others for lefties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37