Hi all,

How is your GPS working? Appreciate if you can see how it tracks, finds your location, etc. Many problems with Note 3 & 4, keeping my fingers crossed they are fixed now
    08-15-2015 08:53 PM
    The Note 3 GPS is accurate within the boundaries of the system itself. (Look at the DOP or HDOP numbers in an app like GPS Status & Toolbox. That will give you the precision you're getting at the moment - which has to do with the quality of the satellite system where you're standing - the phone can't do better than the signal it receives.) I've seen 3 feet accuracy and I've seen 50 feet accuracy with the same phone. Being under thick tree cover or in a large city with skyscrapers just about eliminates the possibility of accuracy. Disturbed atmospheric conditions also mess up the accuracy. So does heavy rain.

It's how satellite positioning works - there's nothing a phone or GPS receiver can do to change that. (mm GPS - GPS accurate to millimeters - can get much better accuracy - for about the price of a nice sports car [a head and laser alone is about $20k for a good unit].)
    08-15-2015 09:12 PM
    I have the Note 4, and the GPS is great on it.
    08-15-2015 09:53 PM
    It's not a Trimble, if that's what you're asking.
    08-15-2015 11:43 PM
    I can't wait. The GPS in my Galaxy S4 is super faulty. It's been that way for the last 6 to 9 months.
    08-16-2015 03:06 PM
    I can't wait. The GPS in my Galaxy S4 is super faulty. It's been that way for the last 6 to 9 months.
    Same as my Note 3, which is why I got rid of it. I see the S6 has issues as well. Knowing there are hardware similarities between the S6 and Note 5. Hoping corrections were made.
    08-17-2015 08:19 AM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I never had a problem with the GPS in my S4, but today I'm trying to add my work as a trusted location with the Note 5 and it can't find a location. This is with GPS, cell, and wifi all three on.

EDIT: I disconnected from one unsecured wifi network, logged into another secured network, and then the GPS located me quickly.

So, I'm not sure if this was a GPS problem or my phone needed to download something over wifi to get my location, or what. I'll come back if I have any other problems and update the thread here....
    08-19-2015 07:29 AM
    No issues here. I use it for tracking my hikes/runs. So far used it twice and it locks on quickly and holds the signal.
    So far so good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-19-2015 07:53 AM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I never had a problem with the GPS in my S4, but today I'm trying to add my work as a trusted location with the Note 5 and it can't find a location. This is with GPS, cell, and wifi all three on.

EDIT: I disconnected from one unsecured wifi network, logged into another secured network, and then the GPS located me quickly.

So, I'm not sure if this was a GPS problem or my phone needed to download something over wifi to get my location, or what. I'll come back if I have any other problems and update the thread here....
    Great info, pls keep us posted. Very similar to what I saw on the Note 3. The device got confused if it was not on WiFi, kept asking for a WiFi connection, never got a GPS location. The guy sitting next to me, in this instance, in India, with his Iphone 6, no WiFi, only cell like me, tracked perfectly.
    08-19-2015 06:33 PM
    Hi all,

How is your GPS working? Appreciate if you can see how it tracks, finds your location, etc. Many problems with Note 3 & 4, keeping my fingers crossed they are fixed now
    I just bought it and I don't like the gps at all! That was why I got rid of the note 3 and its why I'm getting rid of the note 5. Galaxies all have their own issues and I don't like them at all for that. Moto x here I come!
    11-23-2015 05:39 PM
    I just bought it and I don't like the gps at all! That was why I got rid of the note 3 and its why I'm getting rid of the note 5. Galaxies all have their own issues and I don't like them at all for that. Moto x here I come!
    I agree the radios in Motorola phones are superior to all Android phones as you will see no drops no excessive battery drains from poor signals the GPS is lightning quick.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-23-2015 06:42 PM
    I've used it a few times, works perfect.
    11-23-2015 07:17 PM