02-05-2016 02:46 AM
48 12
tools
    The Verizon logo on the back of the phone?
    Yes that thing looks ugly as hell and no I don't use cases on my phones. Good thing I'm not on Verizon or AT&T that have these carrier stamps.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:15 PM
    I bought a 64 gb from T-mobile for $779.99. The 32 gb is $699.99.
    Yours is locked to your carrier unlocked can be taken on any carrier world wide as it has all bands US And International. Besides resale is higher on unlocked models it's all good I still think it's a deal vs paying for a color that I don't want I did it because I wanted gold and that is not being offered if you pay 700 for anything it has to be what I want. Good deal you got though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 06:29 PM
    Yours is locked to your carrier unlocked can be taken on any carrier world wide as it has all bands US And International. Besides resale is higher on unlocked models it's all good I still think it's a deal vs paying for a color that I don't want I did it because I wanted gold and that is not being offered if you pay 700 for anything it has to be what I want. Good deal you got though

Mine is locked right now, but will be unlocked soon. I always get all devices unlocked.

Actually, T-Mobile here had some Gold 32 gb which were $699. I almost got that one instead of the White. I decided I wanted more gb more than I wanted the color.

These phones in the US are world phones. I always use my phone when I travel out of the country.
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:32 PM
    Mine is locked right now, but will be unlocked soon. I always get all devices unlocked.

Actually, T-Mobile here had some Gold 32 gb which were $699. I almost got that one instead of the White. I decided I wanted more gb more than I wanted the color.

These phones in the US are world phones. I always use my phone when I travel out of the country.
    They had the gold in the U.S. wow no T-Mobile store I have been in had the gold note 5 besides I am on ATT and they didn't have any gold only black and white good deal for you.

08-23-2015 06:33 PM
    Yes that thing looks ugly as hell and no I don't use cases on my phones. Good thing I'm not on Verizon or AT&T that have these carrier stamps.
    Odd thing that people get upset about. Not even really noticeable to most people. I had no idea I had no carrier logo until this thread and I looked.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:33 PM
    Where did you get it from? Do you have a link? Did the purchase come alright?
    09-03-2015 11:06 PM
    I paid full retail for mine from BestBuy but it's AT&T branded because I'm on AT&T. Can I unlock it since I paid full retail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 11:51 PM
    Assuming this was ebay? I was thinking about ordering the SM-920i also, from Expansys - the 64GB version isn't available yet and guessing it's going to be pricey. Would be curious to know how your deal turned out, might do the same. I'm from Canada so the dollar is hurting international buying right now so we'll have to see.
    09-08-2015 06:23 PM
    they already do it's the international model compatible with all ATT band yes LTE and t-mobile look at my signature

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 03:19 AM
    I paid full retail for mine from BestBuy but it's AT&T branded because I'm on AT&T. Can I unlock it since I paid full retail?

I did the same and am waiting on an unlock code directly from att. They denied me at first but the reason made no sense. It said my device was no longer supported and they couldn't get the code from the manufacturer. I called and escalated my case. We will see what happens.

EDIT: Success. I got my unlock code directly from AT&T and it worked.

09-09-2015 07:57 AM
    I did the same and am waiting on an unlock code directly from att. They denied me at first but the reason made no sense. It said my device was no longer supported and they couldn't get the code from the manufacturer. I called and escalated my case. We will see what happens.

EDIT: Success. I got my unlock code directly from AT&T and it worked.

Mines is already unlocked as well:

Will Samsung sell an unlocked version of the Galaxy Note 5 for US consumers?-unlocked1.png
    09-09-2015 09:03 PM
    Mines is already unlocked as well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unlocked1.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	195811
    I noticed that your email was like mine and had no unlock code. I had to call for them to give it to me.

09-09-2015 11:29 PM
    I am looking for a Gold or Titanium colored, Samsung Note 5 64Gb, unlocked.
    Does ANYONE have a recommendation of a reputable source to obtain one at a reasonable price?
    09-20-2015 11:51 PM
    I know the international version that can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay, etc. does not work on the Verizon network or any network that has to have a CDMA phone. I bought one and have to return it. I ordered it from Taiwan but I am shipping it back to their US address.
    09-21-2015 03:19 PM
    I know the international version that can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay, etc. does not work on the Verizon network or any network that has to have a CDMA phone. I bought one and have to return it. I ordered it from Taiwan but I am shipping it back to their US address.
    Just talked to Verizon and car said they support GSM and will be going fully that direction. So why wouldn't the SM-N920i Gold work on the network? I really want Gold and 64gb.
    09-22-2015 07:29 PM
    Just talked to Verizon and car said they support GSM and will be going fully that direction. So why wouldn't the SM-N920i Gold work on the network? I really want Gold and 64gb.
    Because they still have cdma. Which requires the imei to be in their database. If you can find a note 5 with lte band 13 and no cdma then it should work on Verizon... Regardless of imei... But I don't think such a device exists

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-23-2015 07:58 AM
    Did you buy the Note 5 platinum (gold, right?) INTERNATIONAL version? If so, does Samsung Pay work on it?
    11-04-2015 02:31 PM
    Did you buy the Note 5 platinum (gold, right?) INTERNATIONAL version? If so, does Samsung Pay work on it?
    Nope samsung pay isn't installed on the international version
    11-04-2015 04:42 PM
    You won't get Samsung Pay on a international version used in the US.
    11-05-2015 01:53 PM
    Hi, which seller did you buy from? i see all colours and many versions of Note 5 32GB,64GB, single, dual sim versions on this seller etoren.com. They have the international version N920i as well. Looks pretty decent seller, I am thinking to buy from there.
    11-14-2015 02:54 AM
    Samsung Pay... Although Samsung Pay appears not to be installed on the Note 5 international version N920i, would there be any way possible to get it installed on the device after I purchase it? I live in the US and have At&t.
    11-29-2015 01:33 PM
    Who did you order your Note 5 from?
    12-25-2015 10:04 PM
    I'm having an issue similar. I have Ting as my carrier and I'm really happy with them. I'm not a heavy user of talk, text or data (usually on wifi at home and at work) and they have great customer service. They use the Sprint and T-Mobile networks. Years ago I had T-Mobile pre-paid and I didn't get service either in my house or at work. I switched to Ting and the Sprint network and have had no problems. I've been trying out the Galaxy Note 5 for a month through a Samsung promotion. . I really like the phone and want to get one. The one I've been testing is a Sprint version.

I wanted to buy an unlocked phone that could go either CDMA or GSM, but Samsung (USA) doesn't sell unlocked phones. I'm afraid if I buy a GSM unlocked international version, that I might have problems on the T-Mobile network again, and I won't have the option to go back to CDMA. On the other hand, I want the option of GSM and unlocked, so that if I travel abroad I can put another sim card in it.

Sprint won't sell me a phone without signing up for their service. If I were on their service, they would unlock it after 50 days of service (not sure of the cost or activation fee), but they say there is no guarantee you can use it with another carrier.

T-Mobile will unlock it after 40 days of service (~$100 for 2 months). Also currently wifi calling is only supported by Ting with T-mobile native phones, which is somewhat of a draw for me.

AT&T will unlock it after 14 days of service and you pay an activation fee, but it would amount to a total of $35. But Ting says AT&T phones are hit and miss on their network.

This is such a new phone, I want to believe that it would work coming from any carrier (although Ting does not recommend bringing over Verizon phones). But I understand that each carrier installs their own software and that might be an issue when changing carriers.

Anyone have used this phone to switch from one carrier to another, or from CDMA to GSM, or bought a phone to use with Ting? Any advice? Thanks.
    02-05-2016 02:46 AM
48 12