Will Samsung sell an unlocked version of the Galaxy Note 5 for US consumers?

Diraan

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning on picking up a Note 5 in about a week or so. Is there a Carrier Stamp on it? I'm on AT&T and this is my first Android phone. I'm coming from an iPhone 6+ and a carrier stamp isn't even something I thought about until right now.

I'd rather not have the stamp, but I've heard the AT&T ones aren't as bad.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on picking up a Note 5 in about a week or so. Is there a Carrier Stamp on it? I'm on AT&T and this is my first Android phone. I'm coming from an iPhone 6+ and a carrier stamp isn't even something I thought about until right now.

I'd rather not have the stamp, but I've heard the AT&T ones aren't as bad.

Yes, the AT&T model has the death star on the back. It's small and not bad.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I bought a 64 gb from T-mobile for $779.99. The 32 gb is $699.99.

Yours is locked to your carrier unlocked can be taken on any carrier world wide as it has all bands US And International. Besides resale is higher on unlocked models it's all good I still think it's a deal vs paying for a color that I don't want I did it because I wanted gold and that is not being offered if you pay 700 for anything it has to be what I want. Good deal you got though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Yours is locked to your carrier unlocked can be taken on any carrier world wide as it has all bands US And International. Besides resale is higher on unlocked models it's all good I still think it's a deal vs paying for a color that I don't want I did it because I wanted gold and that is not being offered if you pay 700 for anything it has to be what I want. Good deal you got though

Mine is locked right now, but will be unlocked soon. I always get all devices unlocked.

Actually, T-Mobile here had some Gold 32 gb which were $699. I almost got that one instead of the White. I decided I wanted more gb more than I wanted the color.

These phones in the US are world phones. I always use my phone when I travel out of the country.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Mine is locked right now, but will be unlocked soon. I always get all devices unlocked.

Actually, T-Mobile here had some Gold 32 gb which were $699. I almost got that one instead of the White. I decided I wanted more gb more than I wanted the color.

These phones in the US are world phones. I always use my phone when I travel out of the country.

They had the gold in the U.S. wow no T-Mobile store I have been in had the gold note 5 besides I am on ATT and they didn't have any gold only black and white good deal for you.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes that thing looks ugly as hell and no I don't use cases on my phones. Good thing I'm not on Verizon or AT&T that have these carrier stamps.

Odd thing that people get upset about. Not even really noticeable to most people. I had no idea I had no carrier logo until this thread and I looked.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I paid full retail for mine from BestBuy but it's AT&T branded because I'm on AT&T. Can I unlock it since I paid full retail?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

merovingian_a51

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Assuming this was ebay? I was thinking about ordering the SM-920i also, from Expansys - the 64GB version isn't available yet and guessing it's going to be pricey. Would be curious to know how your deal turned out, might do the same. I'm from Canada so the dollar is hurting international buying right now so we'll have to see.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
they already do it's the international model compatible with all ATT band yes LTE and t-mobile look at my signature

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I paid full retail for mine from BestBuy but it's AT&T branded because I'm on AT&T. Can I unlock it since I paid full retail?

I did the same and am waiting on an unlock code directly from att. They denied me at first but the reason made no sense. It said my device was no longer supported and they couldn't get the code from the manufacturer. I called and escalated my case. We will see what happens.

EDIT: Success. I got my unlock code directly from AT&T and it worked.

Last edited:

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the same and am waiting on an unlock code directly from att. They denied me at first but the reason made no sense. It said my device was no longer supported and they couldn't get the code from the manufacturer. I called and escalated my case. We will see what happens.

EDIT: Success. I got my unlock code directly from AT&T and it worked.

Mines is already unlocked as well:

Unlocked1.png

Partne Daugherty

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a Gold or Titanium colored, Samsung Note 5 64Gb, unlocked.
Does ANYONE have a recommendation of a reputable source to obtain one at a reasonable price?

brentswife0508

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I know the international version that can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay, etc. does not work on the Verizon network or any network that has to have a CDMA phone. I bought one and have to return it. I ordered it from Taiwan but I am shipping it back to their US address.

Inaz4sun

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I know the international version that can be purchased on Amazon, Ebay, etc. does not work on the Verizon network or any network that has to have a CDMA phone. I bought one and have to return it. I ordered it from Taiwan but I am shipping it back to their US address.

Just talked to Verizon and car said they support GSM and will be going fully that direction. So why wouldn't the SM-N920i Gold work on the network? I really want Gold and 64gb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC