Note 5 Titanium Silver

nicor6

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
its already available on amazon now :) search for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DUOS N9200 32GB Silver Factory Unlocked - DUAL SIM - GSM - International Version.. cant post direct link, still under 10 posts

PenguinBelly

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I just received my Note (SM-N9200) today (eBay $785 shipped). Will have to check my signal strength --- The dual SIM is cool, I didn't know it would receive calls from both SIM cards (even during calls) -
That thing is absolutely gorgeous! Let us know how it works. I thought 9200 does not work with LTE on the U.S. Was looking at 920c, 920f, and 920i and could not decide which one is the best for AT&T. Any help would be appreciated.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
That thing is absolutely gorgeous! Let us know how it works. I thought 9200 does not work with LTE on the U.S. Was looking at 920c, 920f, and 920i and could not decide which one is the best for AT&T. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the 920i and it works with LtE just fine on att and T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roland778

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi, with regards to the Hong Kong model SM-N9200, can someone confirm the following:

1. Is the signal strength really weaker than the US models as I read in the other post? That's a bit of a weird occurrence.

2. Someone mentioned that Samsung pay does not exist on the N-9200. Is this software or hardware related?

3. Can someone confirm that the N-9200 is LTE cat. 9? Sometimes I read it is other times it is not. Is this just carrier and country dependent as in where you use the phone?

4. Are there any other differences with the US model (the dual sim feature I already know)?

Roland

Willyman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
The N9200 apparently has a different modem (duo Sim, Samsung part). Which also makes rooting and unlocking the bootloader completely different to the single SIM ones.

peterburns

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the titanium 9200 and also a non US? Note 4 pink - the only issues I notice with both of them is the stock messaging app won't send photos. Using a 3rd party app, sending photo messages works most of the time, but I still have issues once in a while. Besides that, everything is smooth. I haven't played around with it enough, maybe there is a fix to that issue that I don't know of. I am using Cricket for service. On a side note, the dual SIM is pretty slick - it works great, and I can call/text from both numbers at any time.

nicor6

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the titanium 9200 and also a non US? Note 4 pink - the only issues I notice with both of them is the stock messaging app won't send photos. Using a 3rd party app, sending photo messages works most of the time, but I still have issues once in a while. Besides that, everything is smooth. I haven't played around with it enough, maybe there is a fix to that issue that I don't know of. I am using Cricket for service. On a side note, the dual SIM is pretty slick - it works great, and I can call/text from both numbers at any time.

I was waiting for you to reply. how do you find the phone so far? the colour holds up? photos send through mms u mean? what about call quality? sorry for all the questions lol

peterburns

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
No problem, I'm happy to help - and sorry for the long response -
I LOVE the phone, but in hindsight - I would probably go with US model.
Yes, photos sent over MMS are a little buggy sometimes, but everything else is fine. Call quality is excellent - but I haven't compared it to a US model. The Dual SIM feature - that part is nice, and it works perfectly. I had days where sending pics on MMS was ok - so maybe it was the other persons phone? Who knows ..

Yes, the color does hold up - silver looks great!

peterburns

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Good question - I haven't checked to see - (don't have that phone with me today). I don't think it's something I would ever use - never thought to try it ..

omaradib

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Let me share this with you guys.

Do not fall for the silver color before knowing that it is not exactly silver all the time. You may have been lured by it after looking at some amazing pictures of it. But chances are you will be extremely disappointed by it if you do not really into flashy things. Watch the following video from 2:10

youtube. com/ watch?v=0A2yBu9G9AA

I wish I did that before buying the silver titanium. The guy in that video shows and says it exactly right! It shines too much. And it is not like you will be able to avoid the shine by holding it in some particular manner. Its back side and the front panels work exactly like a mirror (silver coating beneath a glass), and there will always be someone in a certain angle who will be annoyed by the light reflections from this device! And carrying a mirror all the time with you is not the only downside. It can considerably reduce your using experience because the front panels also reflect lights a lot, and it will distract you if you are reading, writing or watching a video.

I struggled two days with this color and eventually exchanged it for the black sapphire. I do think that there can be some people who need exactly this color. I am just warning those who are excited about this color without actually having some experience with it.

Shahram Mangouri

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I want to buy the silver, but I'm seeing different model numbers. I don't see what the differences are, except N9200 mentions it's a dual sim - Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I will use it in the States on Cricket. Here are the different model numbers I have seen listed for sale - SM-N9200 (dual SIM), SM-N920i, SM-N9208.

I have it in the US on ATT. great signal, looks amazing. No Samsung Pay. I have a feeling that you won't get it in the US either. Because it would require a US carrier push an OTA patch for an intl device, which they have no reason to do. Also, I don't think it supports the Samsung native VV app. Which sucks. I hate calling my voicemail

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000