09-29-2015 03:49 PM
100 1234
tools
    I spoke to VZW yesterday and it will be available online and in-stores. The advantage to in-store (although I avoid that experience like the plague) is that they will verify your phone condition while you wait, which is probably better for most of us over sending the phone in and having someone remotely determine it's condition.
    08-20-2015 06:12 AM
    I was told by a Verizon store that this trade in was only for new accounts, is this true?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2015 06:25 AM
    I was told by a Verizon store that this trade in was only for new accounts, is this true?
    I don't believe so; I was able to process my trade-in online last night and I've been a Verizon customer for a decade and currently off-contract. You do the trade-in first on the site, get a trade-in value (under $200 in my case) and then when you put the Note 5 in your cart the trade in value jumps to $200 automatically. I've received my trade-in confirmation email showing the $200 appraised price.

To me this was a better deal than the BB deal because supposedly you can apply a VZW gift card toward your monthly phone bill.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    08-21-2015 09:00 AM
    I wonder if my old HTC Evo would work for this.

08-21-2015 11:53 AM
    I'm going to take my evo in today along with my wife's galaxy s from 2010
    08-21-2015 11:55 AM
    Spent over an hour today trying to get the trade-in to work. The system seemed to be down. Guy tried for an hour to get it and eventually I told him I'd come back later.
    08-21-2015 02:33 PM
    Hmmm...I have a BB Style. The lil clamshell they came out with about 4, 5 years ago. It looks brand new and holds a charge. They're not getting my N4.

08-21-2015 02:49 PM
    I did it this morning with my wife's phone, and got her an S6 Edge+. (In-store) I had pre-ordered, and it became a pain in the @55. Spend an hour on the phone with a CSR, and wound up just trading in for the $95, and had her annotate my account to credit the remaining $105 to the phone upon receipt. I'll have to call in again, but at least they are making arrangements, and working with me.

It seems if you do it on the site- it will give you the fair trade price, and then give you the right price during check-out. Wish they would just create a promotion code that made it easier to do.
    08-21-2015 03:03 PM
    Can someone clarify... Is this offer available only on pre-orders or can I go into Verizon on Saturday and still get the deal? Thanks!

I know best buy is still doing it. I went today and picked up a 64gb Note V, without a preorder, and still got the 200.00 giftcard. I also got the free wireless charger.
    I delt with this tonight at best buy. they said that because I was on Verizon edge I had to turn in my S5. but if I got ahold of a working smartphone from any carrier with no water damage, cracks and powered on they would honor the trade for the $200 giftcard. I bought two iphone 3's used on the cheap and BB said to bring them in friday when I pick up my wife and my note 5's to get the gift cards.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb
    08-21-2015 03:12 PM
    Best Buy rejected the $200 trade in because I paid in full.
    08-21-2015 03:34 PM
    Does anyone know how long the $200 trade in promotion lasts? And is it only for pre-orders? TIA..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 03:47 PM
    Does anyone know how long the $200 trade in promotion lasts? And is it only for pre-orders? TIA..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was told 9/20.
    Crimsonforce likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:14 PM
    Spent over an hour today trying to get the trade-in to work. The system seemed to be down. Guy tried for an hour to get it and eventually I told him I'd come back later.
    Happened to me this afternoon in Nashua NH. Down for an hour.

Chris
    08-21-2015 08:49 PM
    Best Buy rejected the $200 trade in because I paid in full.
    This is one thing I can't seem to wrap my brain around. I wanted to pay in full, but then they considered it a hardware swap and no 200 credit.
    To get the 200 credit- they have to activate it, but THE requirement to activate is the Next Program.

Whose requirement is it to finance it to get the deal? we are still paying for the phone- why don't we get the deal?
    I took the 200 and applid it to the modified Next Program putting $222 down, and balance on Next- 28 a month on my bill. However- I will go pay this off this week at ATT. I could not see leaving $200 on the table....

Chris
    08-21-2015 08:55 PM
    Both Best Buy and Verizon Store refused 200 trade in. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Was told that I did not qualify unless I was to switch to edge or similar plan. Paying our right for the phone was not covered by the promotion.

08-22-2015 01:00 AM
    I don't know if using verizon device payment allows you to keep UDP but if so you can always purchase the phone under that, pay the first month, then pay off the balance with no penalty. It's in the device payment faq that you can pay off the remaining balance any time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 08:48 AM
    I went back to best buy today only to find that they would not do the $200 gift card OR the wireless charger. I asked two people about paying in full the day I pre-ordered and two more yesterday. They all said it should go through. It didn't. So I wasted over 2 hours at Best Buy. I sold my Note 4 already. I might pick up a G4, GS6, or buy another Note 4. Then I'll get the Note 5 in a few months after I can find it used.
    08-22-2015 09:11 PM
    I went back to best buy today only to find that they would not do the $200 gift card OR the wireless charger. I asked two people about paying in full the day I pre-ordered and two more yesterday. They all said it should go through. It didn't. So I wasted over 2 hours at Best Buy. I sold my Note 4 already. I might pick up a G4, GS6, or buy another Note 4. Then I'll get the Note 5 in a few months after I can find it used.
    I went during my lunch break yesterday hoping to get in and out since I was paying full price. The rep tried to sell it to me outright but said he had to device swap and still no go. So I asked them to price match Verizon's price and since I did the previous order I was entitled to the charger which he gave me.

The rep was cool, when he did people price match he put it in for $749.99 when Verizon sells it for $768.

I knew it was a long shot, the terms say that a contract renewal is needed. I just didn't like being told when I signed up that paying full price wouldn't be a problem. Then told them again when I signed in to pick up.

Typical Best Buy.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 09:46 PM
    Went in to a corporate Verizon store today. The manager I dealt with first told me the $200 promo only applied to new customers joining Verizon. I explained to him that new customers add an additional $100 to the offer for a total of $300. I gave him my Moto G that's only used for music. He told me the phone had to have been active on one of my lines at some point and proceeded to rattle of a dozen devices I've had over the years that they would have taken. I walked out with nothing, will call customer service tomorrow and see if they'll do anything for me.

08-22-2015 10:43 PM
    Yikes! I am on the cusp of doing this deal for the Note 5. I've called both the 800 number and my local VZW store and both are ready to give me this discount. Potential problem: I think my Galaxy Nexus is rooted - really can't remember.

The Galaxy Nexus is deactivated, is in perfect condition and it boots right up. But it boots up to the "Glowing X's", which I don't think is the stock ROM. Here are my questions:

- Will VZW care if the phone is rooted when I do the trade in?
    - If so, I don't have ADB or Fastboot installed anymore on my PC. I'll probably have to spend the time learning that stuff again and reflashing the phone, right? That sucks!
    - Can you even flash a phone that is not activated? Don't know for sure.
    08-30-2015 10:46 AM
    Yikes! I am on the cusp of doing this deal for the Note 5. I've called both the 800 number and my local VZW store and both are ready to give me this discount. Potential problem: I think my Galaxy Nexus is rooted - really can't remember.

The Galaxy Nexus is deactivated, is in perfect condition and it boots right up. But it boots up to the "Glowing X's", which I don't think is the stock ROM. Here are my questions:

- If so, I don't have ADB or Fastboot installed anymore on my PC. I'll probably have to spend the time learning that stuff again and reflashing the phone, right? That sucks!
    It might we worth it to go buy a cheap phone that meets their criteria, it just depends on what they allow.
    08-30-2015 10:52 AM
    I did a similar promo with Verizon when my parents both upgraded to the iPhone 6 Plus. I had old BlackBerry phones from Cingular that they were able to trade in to get the $200 credit each.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-30-2015 11:24 AM

These are the questions which it asks for the trade in.

0 Trade in Promo (Verizon)-uploadfromtaptalk1440955808022.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-30-2015 12:30 PM
    I wanted to follow up with this topic, because what VZW told me and what actually happened are different.

When I got my wife's phone...the s6e+, we did it in store, and it went flawlessly. The $200 came off the price of the phone, and new York got less money from me. In NY, you pay the tax on the price of the phone up front. With the 200 tradein, it drops the price by the 200.

On my pre-ordered phone, VZW gave me a $95 egift card for the trade in of my S4. I called VZW, and they were supposed to credit me the other 105 to the balance of the phone. A big lie! Turns out, once the deal is done, the only way to adjust the amount due on the phone it to make the monthly payments, or pay it off in full. You can't pay more on it. Also, once a store takes your trade-in phone, they are the only ones that can adjust the price. In the end, I wound up with a $95 egift card, and a $105 credit to my bill. But, this stupid state got more in taxes than I really care to give them.

How do you know it's cold in New York? The Democrats have their hands in their own pockets!

Posted via a Samsung Note 5
    08-30-2015 03:47 PM
    I tried flashing my Galaxy Nexus back to stock, but since I tried doing so on a Win10 machine, there were too many new variables for it to work. I'll try from a Win7 machine.

Thanks to the poster above that offered the specific questions they are asking for the trade in. My phone qualifies on all of those items. I am just concerned that they might say - sorry, it's been rooted.

I'll try the flash again later...
    08-30-2015 04:08 PM
100 1234