09-29-2015 03:49 PM
100 1234
tools
    Thank God for Win7. Some fastboot commands, cursing and then I was done. Back to stock.
    I plan to do the trade tomorrow AM.
    Here's hoping...
    08-30-2015 05:43 PM
    Is Best Buy still doing the trade in offer?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 11:21 PM
    Is Best Buy still doing the trade in offer?

It was supposed to end yesterday, but the manager at my local one said they already extended it 3 days, so they may have done so again
    08-31-2015 12:08 AM
    No matter.

Just confirmed that Best Buy in Puerto Rico doesn't do trade ins.

Beat deal I've seen down here is via Costco. You get a free samsung wireless charger plus a $150 Costco cash card.
    08-31-2015 01:13 PM
    No dice for me.
    I'll spare you all the gory details, but I spent waaaayyyy too much time in-store and on the phone with 5-6 different VZW people.
    Some thought I was eligible, others thought I wasn't.
    I was told by the last person I dealt with that I can't get the $200 deal when re-upping a 2-year contract with a subsidy. Period.

Not sure it's worth the hassle at this point.
    08-31-2015 05:58 PM
    FREE VZW MSG: Thank you for your recent Samsung smartphone purchase. Now you can trade in your old smartphone in good, working condition and receive a $200 Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Account Credit. Limited time offer. Visit www.vzw.com/tradein and enter promo code: SAM20096605852418

Not sure if this works, but I got it today.

Posted via a Samsung Note 5
    08-31-2015 06:13 PM
    FREE VZW MSG: Thank you for your recent Samsung smartphone purchase. Now you can trade in your old smartphone in good, working condition and receive a $200 Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Account Credit. Limited time offer. Visit www.vzw.com/tradein and enter promo code: SAM20096605852418

How long after you ordered your phone did you get that message?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-31-2015 06:21 PM
    Edit: Oops... Didn't realize that this was the Verizon $200 offer, not the Best Buy one... I'll keep my reply here in case it helps anyone interested in the Best Buy deal...

Here's the scoop (for the Best Buy trade-in offer on Verizon anyway)... Note that this is based on my experience, and I am more than happy to be proven wrong by someone else who has experienced differently...

1. The fine print on this deal indicates that the $200 trade-in offer is for "in-store" transactions only.

2. If you buy your phone at Best Buy (in-store), the in-store system only allows the sales people to sell you the phone at full MSRP using a payment plan (what used to be called Verizon's "Edge" program). If you do it this way, you can get the $200.00 Best Buy gift card. You cannot use this gift card towards the price of the phone. You can use it towards the sales tax of the phone.

3. If you buy your phone at bestbuy.com, you are not eligible for the $200.00 trade-in program, but the customer facing website does allow you to upgrade your phone at the contractual subsidized pricing (assuming you have a plan that allows for a subsidized phone).

I went with the subsidized phone pricing and skipped out on the $200.00 gift card trade-in...
    08-31-2015 06:26 PM
    How long after you ordered your phone did you get that message?

I pre-ordered on 13 Aug. Got my phone on the 18th, called for a warranty return on the 21st, got replacement on the 26th. Mailed in 1st one on the 26th. Took trade in phone to VZW store on friday. I don't have a phone to send in on the promo code, but I think the lack of a promo code has been a lot of the problem.

08-31-2015 06:28 PM
    So, has anyone actually gotten this deal, from VZW, on a 2-year contract upgrade?
    Not sure if I can determine this from all of the previous posts.
    Thanks!
    08-31-2015 08:26 PM
    I was unable to get this trade in deal at Verizon or bestbuy buying the phone outright. Multiple people told me it is only for people getting on the monthly payment plan for the phone, meaning you have to be on their latest data plans. So no luck if you are trying to keep unlimited.
    08-31-2015 09:33 PM
    I was unable to get this trade in deal at Verizon or bestbuy buying the phone outright. Multiple people told me it is only for people getting on the monthly payment plan for the phone, meaning you have to be on their latest data plans. So no luck if you are trying to keep unlimited.
    This is what Verizon told me. That's why I went the payment option, after $200 rebate it was around $155 more over 2 year contract and line remains open for upgrade later.

I'm on the nationwide plan with 3 unlimited data lines and 2 tiered data lines. The tiered lines you can stay on nationwide plan and do payment plan.

So if you don't have 5 lines on your account yet, you can just add a line pay the phone off right away next month and shut that line off.

08-31-2015 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the responses.

So, if you are with VZW on-contract and want to stay that way, you are NG for this deal. That sucks.

I'll have to keep my eye on upcoming deals.
    09-01-2015 08:07 AM
    I just got a text from Verizon that I was now eligible for the $200 trade in. Must have been because the return period had passed for my Note 5. The text had a promo code and website to visit which I did. I entered the info and the device I'm trading (old Galaxy Nexus) and they confirmed I'll get a $200 credit on my account. An envelope is being sent to me to mail the old phone to Verizon.

It's nice to finally get some info on this, I made two calls to Verizon customer service over the last two weeks and got two different answers prior to this.

09-01-2015 07:23 PM
    I just got a text from Verizon that I was now eligible for the $200 trade in. Must have been because the return period had passed for my Note 5. The text had a promo code and website to visit which I did. I entered the info and the device I'm trading (old Galaxy Nexus) and they confirmed I'll get a $200 credit on my account. An envelope is being sent to me to mail the old phone to Verizon.

It's nice to finally get some info on this, I made two calls to Verizon customer service over the last two weeks and got two different answers prior to this.

Hey Grungy - is this for an outright purchase, a payment plan, or 2-year contract?
    Also, did you have to change your data plan to comply with some BS plan they are offering now?
    Thanks in advance.
    09-01-2015 07:36 PM
    I just got a text Verizon as well saying the same thing. I preordered mine from Best Buy and got the $200 and wireless charger, and I just followed the steps verizon sent me in the text and I'm getting a $200 bill credit once I mail my old phone in. Luckily I had two phones to trade in! Sweet! I had no idea I would be able to combine the two offers!
    I'm on Verizon edge plan.
    09-01-2015 07:40 PM
    Hey Grungy - is this for an outright purchase, a payment plan, or 2-year contract?
    Also, did you have to change your data plan to comply with some BS plan they are offering now?
    Thanks in advance.
    I did a payment plan and I didn't have to change my plan. But I've been on the newer type plans for a while now.

09-01-2015 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    09-01-2015 08:07 PM
    Pardon my naiveté, but when I trade in my old phone (at the store), I assume I remove my sim card before handing it over, correct? I did a factory reset on the phone and removed anything personal that I could find. Does removing the sim card "seal the deal" when it comes to wiping the phone clean of personal info? Thanks!
    09-02-2015 07:55 AM
    Pardon my naiveté, but when I trade in my old phone (at the store), I assume I remove my sim card before handing it over, correct? I did a factory reset on the phone and removed anything personal that I could find. Does removing the sim card "seal the deal" when it comes to wiping the phone clean of personal info? Thanks!
    The SIM card, if your active SIM card, will be deactivated when they activate your new phone.
    09-02-2015 10:03 AM
    FREE VZW MSG: Thank you for your recent Samsung smartphone purchase. Now you can trade in your old smartphone in good, working condition and receive a $200 Verizon Wireless Gift Card or Account Credit. Limited time offer. Visit Cell Phone Trade In - Recycle Old Devices with Verizon Wireless and enter promo code: SAM20096605852418

I got the same txt and went to my local store and had no issues getting a $200 credit on my account.
    09-02-2015 10:52 PM
    With the iPhone announcement on 9/9, new Nexus phones coming later in September and Samsung trying to keep up with the competition, I am hoping that Best Buy gets aggressive again offers the $200 promo over the Holiday weekend. As far as I can tell, the BB offer would have worked for me, being on VZW and wanting to stay on-contract.

The N5 is (IMO) the best hardware on the market right now. So I am staying in the game looking for a price break.
    09-03-2015 05:29 AM
    With the iPhone announcement on 9/9, new Nexus phones coming later in September and Samsung trying to keep up with the competition, I am hoping that Best Buy gets aggressive again offers the $200 promo over the Holiday weekend. As far as I can tell, the BB offer would have worked for me, being on VZW and wanting to stay on-contract.

The N5 is (IMO) the best hardware on the market right now. So I am staying in the game looking for a price break.
    Samsung is the one that was offering it, just through Best Buy.
    09-03-2015 06:52 AM
    Got it. Thanks!
    Would love to see it again this Holiday weekend.
    09-03-2015 07:34 AM
    Did Bestbuy promotion end? I called them yesterday and the rep told me that they no longer give $200 trade in value, but still give out the charging pad and actual trade-in value for the old phone. I'm debating to go to VZ for $200 or Costco for $150gc and charging pad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 10:52 AM
100 1234