09-29-2015 03:49 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    So, has anyone actually gotten this deal, from VZW, on a 2-year contract upgrade?
    Not sure if I can determine this from all of the previous posts.
    Thanks!
    I upgrade at bestbuy.com using a loophole. I upgraded a dumb phone line and when my note five came in it used the sim from my unlimited line in my note five. Keeping my unlimited data intact. I then went to a best buy store and got the 200 gift card by giving them the dumb phones number!
    Worked without any hiccups.
    09-03-2015 12:03 PM
    Did Bestbuy promotion end? I called them yesterday and the rep told me that they no longer give $200 trade in value, but still give out the charging pad and actual trade-in value for the old phone. I'm debating to go to VZ for $200 or Costco for $150gc and charging pad.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I went to VZ and got $200 promotion with Omnia2. I charging pad is useless if it's not a quick charging one

09-03-2015 12:12 PM
    Did Bestbuy promotion end? I called them yesterday and the rep told me that they no longer give $200 trade in value, but still give out the charging pad and actual trade-in value for the old phone. I'm debating to go to VZ for $200 or Costco for $150gc and charging pad.

Hey Bongta:
    Thanks for the heads-up. When you mentioned Costco, I figured I'd call Sam's Club, where I am a member. Bingo!

I landed a N5 for $90 net after tax. Their price was $237 with a $150 gift card good at Sam's or WalMart - with no trade in required. I was able to keep my contract status - which works best for me. I shop at both of these places often enough, so that's how I figured my "net" cost.

Thanks again!!
    09-04-2015 05:58 AM
    I upgrade at bestbuy.com using a loophole. I upgraded a dumb phone line and when my note five came in it used the sim from my unlimited line in my note five. Keeping my unlimited data intact. I then went to a best buy store and got the 200 gift card by giving them the dumb phones number!
    Worked without any hiccups.
    You end up having to pay for a data plan on that dumb phone line right?
    09-04-2015 09:34 AM
    Nope. Best buy site offers option to keep existing plan. Had I activated the sim that came with my phone I would have had to. I've used this method three times now.
    09-04-2015 08:39 PM
    It's possibly cheaper if you're on a two year contract that charges you $40 for line access (assuming you have 2+ lines I suppose) and you just go with the monthly access because it drops to a $15 line access (depends on your GB access) and now pay a total of $44 compared to $40 over two years. (44-40)x24 = $96 (much less than $249.99+ for the 2 year price). Check out all your options this way. It all depends on your current contract. In some cases, it's beneficial to actually raise your GB to save money over the 2 years. Really interesting when you do the numbers.
    09-05-2015 03:26 AM
    It's possibly cheaper if you're on a two year contract that charges you $40 for line access (assuming you have 2+ lines I suppose) and you just go with the monthly access because it drops to a $15 line access (depends on your GB access) and now pay a total of $44 compared to $40 over two years. (44-40)x24 = $96 (much less than $249.99+ for the 2 year price). Check out all your options this way. It all depends on your current contract. In some cases, it's beneficial to actually raise your GB to save money over the 2 years. Really interesting when you do the numbers.
    Yup - super interesting when you run the numbers.

The current perspective is that the plans that the carriers have moved to: unsubsidized, pay a flat fee for data, pay a flat rate per line, promoted by T-Mobile and now others, is a far less-expensive way to go. 2-year contracts that "hide" the real cost of your hardware are considered the less desirable alternative.

But it's not the case for everyone. I get deep discounts on-contract and my final out-of-pocket per month (with the initial down-payment for hardware included) is far lower than any of the new plans, and I have the carrier actually subsidize my hardware.

Always check your numbers!
    09-05-2015 08:15 AM
    I pay 178 a month with taxes and fees included. I have 1400 minutes with any ten numbers I choose not going against my minutes, unlimited texting and unlimited data on two of my three lines.
    09-05-2015 08:40 AM
    I ordered my Note 5 and should get here Thursday. I chatted 1st with a Verzion Rep who gave me an 800# to call after I activate it and then see about the $200 trade in. I also got some email today for a promo code to recycle my phone and minimum $200 trade in which I thought had something to do with the $200 trade in for Note 5, but it didn't . I appeased my phone with the code and was saying only $36.51 for a Galaxy S4 mint condition. I hope that is not a sign that Verizon won't honor that Samsung $200 promo with Note 5 purchase.

dja2k
    09-09-2015 12:34 AM
    I've been a VZW customer for a long time now and I have a carefully configured account with grandfathered discounts that no one at VZW understands. This account gets screwed-up every time I purchase a phone. So, the only thing we can do right up front as customers is ask that the Rep document all verbal agreements in the account - be sure to ask up front and confirm at the end of the call. Then, when the next Rep a week later says something totally different, you've got some evidence, and a bit of a toe-hold when you request to speak to their Manager for resolution. When it's written right in front of them, they are more inclined to provide "better" customer service.

Just my 2 cents.
    Hope it helps.
    09-09-2015 06:37 AM
    I got my $200 account credit this morning. I did the preorder $200 trade in, appraised a Galaxy S4 Mini (at $44 which was later upgraded to $200 when I put the Note 5 in my cart), sent it in about a week after I got the Note 5, and everything went fine. After reading some reports about issues with a similar trade in program with a recent iPhone release (can't recall which) I was concerned, but all went fine. I did find it interesting that the program says you'll receive a verizon gift card, but in my case I just got a $200 account credit so I got my current bill paid and a credit balance that will cover next month and part of the following month. I don't mind that at all (maybe I selected it somewhere?) since that's what I was planning to use it for anyway, but I did note that it was different from my expectations.
    09-10-2015 10:46 AM
    Okay I finally activated my note 5 and now the code for trade in that I got via Email says Appraised value of $200 trade in. What exactly do you have to ship...Phone & Battery, but inside its Original box or by itself? Any USB Cable or Adapter? Anyone? Thanks
    09-11-2015 03:07 AM
    Okay I finally activated my note 5 and now the code for trade in that I got via Email says Appraised value of $200 trade in. What exactly do you have to ship...Phone & Battery, but inside its Original box or by itself? Any USB Cable or Adapter? Anyone? Thanks
    Just send the phone, battery, and battery door. Remove sim and sd card. They will send you a box after you tell them what device you are trading in

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    dja2k likes this.
    09-11-2015 09:59 AM
    Please share the 1-800 number they provided you with.
    09-12-2015 04:45 AM
    I am stupid. I saw the online trade in receipt today and the phone listed it is the same phone and color, but it is listing another number from my account which is still active, but also a Galaxy S4 White. Does anyone know if I will I loose my $200 promotional credit because I sent in the phone with the wrong # association and phone ID? Thanks.
    09-17-2015 03:48 AM
    if anyone is wondering the verizon trade in offer is extended until 09/30
    09-17-2015 11:42 AM
    When I got mine, day of release I went to Best Buy and they gave me the run around for the $200 because I wanted to buy the phone outright and not activate a new line. I will never shop there again and they wonder why they are having issues and need to be closing stores.
    09-17-2015 12:15 PM
    When does this promotion end?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 05:38 AM
    When does this promotion end?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that the offer ends on 9/29. I just put an order in today and it worked. Trading in a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx valued at $200.
    09-28-2015 03:34 PM
    I cant find this deal listed anywhere. All I can find is "you can get up to $xxx for your phone" and have to appraise it. Which mine appraises at $40. I cant find the trade in ANY smartphone for $200. I even stopped into my local store about 1 1/2 weeks ago and they said there were no deals/promotions going on. they would appraise my current phone though. ha ha lol
    Also I cant find the Samsung deal about them paying for your phone for the rest of the year.
    09-28-2015 06:35 PM
    I cant find this deal listed anywhere. All I can find is "you can get up to $xxx for your phone" and have to appraise it. Which mine appraises at $40. I cant find the trade in ANY smartphone for $200. I even stopped into my local store about 1 1/2 weeks ago and they said there were no deals/promotions going on. they would appraise my current phone though. ha ha lol
    Also I cant find the Samsung deal about them paying for your phone for the rest of the year.
    You have to actually have the phone in your cart with the monthly payment plan selected. I also went through the assessment process before adding the phone to my cart and my phone had a value of $14. After I got through the first couple of checkout steps the option to trade-in came up, I entered all the phone info, and sure enough it came up as $200 and was added as part of the order pending their receipt of the phone. Hope that helps!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 06:59 PM
    I did this deal on Friday, in store (friend is a rep and advised me on this), first a snapshot of my plan before:

2 "smartphone" lines, one of which is a Tab S 10.5 on DPP, other is LG G4 on 2yr contract

So I wanted to get a Note 5.....after 3 months was just "meh" about the G4. But both my existing lines being on contract meant pay full price or add a line on DPP.

Added a line on DPP with Note 5, was fully prepared to trade in my G4 and my friend tells me "Go to walmart and buy a prepaid LG Lucky for $20 and I can give you a $200 VZW gift card"

Off to wally world I go, buy a $20 LG Lucky, walk into VZW store with said cheapo phone still in box. Walk out an hour later with my new Note 5 AND my LG G4 that I can now sell for more than $200 and then transfer that line over to a dumb phone plan and save on line access fee. (I also had him change the SIM on the Note 4 over to my original line, so no giving out a new number needed in order to be using the Note as my daily driver).

Furthermore, thru the 30th the Note 5 and some others are $200 off anyways. So I got the Note 5 in effect for $380 off. ($200 off retail thru the 30th, $200 GC-$20 invested in prepaid smartphone)

I was happy. Loving the Note 5.
    09-28-2015 09:16 PM
    I bought a Note 5 at best buy on Friday, didn't know anything about the $200 trade in offer... Does anyone know if best buy is still offering this and if I can still take advantage? Thanks in advance
    09-28-2015 10:12 PM
    I stop into a local store today and they would only give me trade in value of my phone ($40) and the only other deal was for iphone users. I really was wanting to wait for White 64gb but if I could get $400 of "blue" one I was gonna cave. Anyone know of what new deals might be?
    Cwey55, I need a friend like you have to get a deal done
    09-29-2015 03:36 PM
    I stop into a local store today and they would only give me trade in value of my phone ($40) and the only other deal was for iphone users. I really was wanting to wait for White 64gb but if I could get $400 of "blue" one I was gonna cave. Anyone know of what new deals might be?
    Cwey55, I need a friend like you have to get a deal done
    That's too bad...

Yeah I was fully prepared to trade in my LG G4 which is worth way more than $200 if I sold it privately til my friend in the store told me to go buy a cheap prepaid.

Sorry your store wouldn't help you out.
    09-29-2015 03:49 PM
100 ... 234