$200 Trade in Promo (Verizon)

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to the OP and the posters here.
This offer might be just the ticket I need to move to a Note 5. Always wanted to try a Note.
-bk

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Dridas, I had called customer support and was told that I should have done something online during the preorder which I don't recall seeing. They are sending me an envelope to send it back specific for the rebate trade in and not a recycle trade. Hope it works out because I'm giving back an old Galaxy Nexus!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Dridas, I had called customer support and was told that I should have done something online during the preorder which I don't recall seeing. They are sending me an envelope to send it back specific for the rebate trade in and not a recycle trade. Hope it works out because I'm giving back an old Galaxy Nexus!

Ditto - if I end up pulling the trigger on this, it'll be my beloved Galaxy Nexus that will be traded, which by the way started right up (after a 10 minute charge) after sitting in my drawer for 2 years. Great phone, and it might be even greater to get $200 for it.

Again, thanks for this thread!

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I delt with this tonight at best buy. they said that because I was on Verizon edge I had to turn in my S5. but if I got ahold of a working smartphone from any carrier with no water damage, cracks and powered on they would honor the trade for the $200 giftcard. I bought two iphone 3's used on the cheap and BB said to bring them in friday when I pick up my wife and my note 5's to get the gift cards.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can someone clarify... Is this offer available only on pre-orders or can I go into Verizon on Saturday and still get the deal? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to VZW yesterday and it will be available online and in-stores. The advantage to in-store (although I avoid that experience like the plague) is that they will verify your phone condition while you wait, which is probably better for most of us over sending the phone in and having someone remotely determine it's condition.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon store that this trade in was only for new accounts, is this true?

I don't believe so; I was able to process my trade-in online last night and I've been a Verizon customer for a decade and currently off-contract. You do the trade-in first on the site, get a trade-in value (under $200 in my case) and then when you put the Note 5 in your cart the trade in value jumps to $200 automatically. I've received my trade-in confirmation email showing the $200 appraised price.

To me this was a better deal than the BB deal because supposedly you can apply a VZW gift card toward your monthly phone bill.

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Spent over an hour today trying to get the trade-in to work. The system seemed to be down. Guy tried for an hour to get it and eventually I told him I'd come back later. :mad:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...I have a BB Style. The lil clamshell they came out with about 4, 5 years ago. It looks brand new and holds a charge. They're not getting my N4.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I did it this morning with my wife's phone, and got her an S6 Edge+. (In-store) I had pre-ordered, and it became a pain in the @55. Spend an hour on the phone with a CSR, and wound up just trading in for the $95, and had her annotate my account to credit the remaining $105 to the phone upon receipt. I'll have to call in again, but at least they are making arrangements, and working with me.

It seems if you do it on the site- it will give you the fair trade price, and then give you the right price during check-out. Wish they would just create a promotion code that made it easier to do.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Can someone clarify... Is this offer available only on pre-orders or can I go into Verizon on Saturday and still get the deal? Thanks!

I know best buy is still doing it. I went today and picked up a 64gb Note V, without a preorder, and still got the 200.00 giftcard. I also got the free wireless charger.
I delt with this tonight at best buy. they said that because I was on Verizon edge I had to turn in my S5. but if I got ahold of a working smartphone from any carrier with no water damage, cracks and powered on they would honor the trade for the $200 giftcard. I bought two iphone 3's used on the cheap and BB said to bring them in friday when I pick up my wife and my note 5's to get the gift cards.

Sent from my Galaxy Note V 64gb

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how long the $200 trade in promotion lasts? And is it only for pre-orders? TIA..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Best Buy rejected the $200 trade in because I paid in full.

This is one thing I can't seem to wrap my brain around. I wanted to pay in full, but then they considered it a hardware swap and no 200 credit.
To get the 200 credit- they have to activate it, but THE requirement to activate is the Next Program.

Whose requirement is it to finance it to get the deal? we are still paying for the phone- why don't we get the deal?
I took the 200 and applid it to the modified Next Program putting $222 down, and balance on Next- 28 a month on my bill. However- I will go pay this off this week at ATT. I could not see leaving $200 on the table....

Chris

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Both Best Buy and Verizon Store refused 200 trade in. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. Was told that I did not qualify unless I was to switch to edge or similar plan. Paying our right for the phone was not covered by the promotion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon