$200 Trade in Promo (Verizon)

ChrisNee1988

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe all carriers and best buy are offering $200 when you trade in any working smartphone. I've tried going through the preordering process on Verizon's site it doesn't look like that promotion shows up anywhere in the order. Has anyone been able to take advantage of the trade in promotion and knows how it works?

I'm also wondering what type of damage they might inspect for. Some carriers and best buy specify that they're only looking for cracked screens and whether or not it powers on. I wanted to trade in an old Droid X that I found laying around my house but I noticed that the liquid indicator was triggered so I'm not sure if they would accept it. I called up Verizon and they told me that they inspect for any corrosion and if there is, they would charge me $300 for sending them a defective device. Does anyone know if they really do that?

I was also told that I would need to use an upgrade in order to be eligible for the trade in. I have no upgrades anytime soon and was hoping to be able to buy it at full retail. My new plan is to add a new line and purchase the Note 5 and do the trade in. Cancel the new line, pay the ETF, and keep the phone. Does anyone know if this is feasible or know of another way to take advantage of this promotion without an upgrade?

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe all carriers and best buy are offering $200 when you trade in any working smartphone. I've tried going through the preordering process on Verizon's site it doesn't look like that promotion shows up anywhere in the order. Has anyone been able to take advantage of the trade in promotion and knows how it works?

I'm also wondering what type of damage they might inspect for. Some carriers and best buy specify that they're only looking for cracked screens and whether or not it powers on. I wanted to trade in an old Droid X that I found laying around my house but I noticed that the liquid indicator was triggered so I'm not sure if they would accept it. I called up Verizon and they told me that they inspect for any corrosion and if there is, they would charge me $300 for sending them a defective device. Does anyone know if they really do that?

I was also told that I would need to use an upgrade in order to be eligible for the trade in. I have no upgrades anytime soon and was hoping to be able to buy it at full retail. My new plan is to add a new line and purchase the Note 5 and do the trade in. Cancel the new line, pay the ETF, and keep the phone. Does anyone know if this is feasible or know of another way to take advantage of this promotion without an upgrade?

I thought you had to be on the device payment in order to receive the $200 promotion. (can't be purchased at full retail price or using upgrade subsidized pricing)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if my Palm Pre would qualify. I can't think of why it wouldn't seeing as it IS (was?) a smartphone, but I still find the idea funny.

Posted via the Android Central App

ProudArian

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they do charge you if the phone is significantly damaged. Happened to a friend of mine who traded her S3 for a Note 4. They tacked on a hefty $300 fee for her cracked screen...

chikmagnet

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was Best Buy yesterday and their promotion states 200.00 BB gift card for any smartphone trade in. it can be on payments, new contract or buy phone for full price. also it must power up and free from cracks. I however was not succesful on getting my preorder as they (or VZW) do not offer the 6gb in whit e yet. So I am waiting .

Also if you purcahse through BB, they also have a promotion for a free wirless charger, but I od not believe it is the new fast wireless charger

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was Best Buy yesterday and their promotion states 200.00 BB gift card for any smartphone trade in. it can be on payments, new contract or buy phone for full price. also it must power up and free from cracks. I however was not succesful on getting my preorder as they (or VZW) do not offer the 6gb in whit e yet. So I am waiting .

Also if you purcahse through BB, they also have a promotion for a free wirless charger, but I od not believe it is the new fast wireless charger

Their site states you don't get the $200 off for purchasing the phone outright.

chikmagnet

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
multiple BB reps and 2 sammy reps advised that it can be used on buying outright. Also if you read the fine print it is not specified either

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
BB's site mentions "Excludes no-contract trade-ins. " So I assume you would have to be eligible for a new or extended 2 year contract.

I quickly thought that this was a reference to "no-contract" phones- meaning anything not purchased from a provider or agent. Basically an unlocked non-carrier phone? Not 100% sure though.

I went to BB Sunday and would have paid 100% on Sunday- as it was no tax weekend. I did not purchase as they will only take $50 down- and you pay full balance on Friday upon release. I can do that up in New Hampshire on Friday. Anyway- I brought an old Captivate sitting in my drawer for 3 yrs- and through BB, it was eligible for the $200 credit towards the purchase of Note5.

Chris

EvilHomer3k

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
When I did my pre-order I told them I would be buying the phone outright. Then I asked about the deals they had and was told the $200 gift card would work. We'll see when I pick the phone up on Friday. I really hope they weren't wrong. If they were I'll take it as a sign to go back to the Note 4 and wait for a deal on a used Note 5.

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody here know how the Verizon $200 trade in deal work? I got my pre-order delivered today and there was nothing in the box about it.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody here know how the Verizon $200 trade in deal work? I got my pre-order delivered today and there was nothing in the box about it.

I was at my Local Verizon store yesterday, and asked this question. Was a corporate VZ store, not an authorized reseller. I had also spoken to a VZ rep on the phone when I called to activate my Note 5.

You take your working smartphone, undamaged to the store. You mention the Trade in for a Note5 or Edge+ deal, and tell them you are there to turn in your phone. (For pre-orders). They will check the phone and make sure it is working, and the screen is not cracked, and other signs of damage. If all passes well- they will give you a 200 Gift Card which can be applied to your phone or bill or accessories.

If you are getting the phone at a VZ store on Friday, you have to trade in the phone at the same time, everything above still applies.

If you attempt to trade in through the website, where they assess the value of your phone, you are getting the "trade-in" value for your phone to get ANY phone. This $200 deal is specific to the Note5 and Edge+, so keep that in mind. I haven't traded mine in yet- that's a job for tomorrow with my phone, and Friday when I get my wife her Edge+.

Hope that helps, but I'm also going on word from representatives that may not have done the process yet. ALSO - the stores have screen protectors and cases- they just aren't allowed to put them on the shelves yet. But- they aren't allowed to get the phones yet either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2