Defender or Commuter

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people are so fond of otterbox cases.
They are way too expensive for the cheap materials used. The tpu is always so flimsy on the sides and allows dust to creep in.
Save money and get a case that uses better materials and has a better fit.

Check out www.mobilereviews-eh.ca for good case reviews. Mind you it's a site that reviews iphone cases, but most manufactures make cases for all popular phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people are so fond of otterbox cases.
They are way too expensive for the cheap materials used. The tpu is always so flimsy on the sides and allows dust to creep in.
Save money and get a case that uses better materials and has a better fit.

Check out www.mobilereviews-eh.ca for good case reviews. Mind you it's a site that reviews iphone cases, but most manufactures make cases for all popular phones.

Otterbox is also just way too bulky for Note phones especially, for me.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes. As soon as I get some extra cash I'm going to get the mil spec spigen with the carbon fiber back. I've accidentally kicked my S6 edge across the room before with one of these on, and it was fine.

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Spigen Air cushion case I like the back transparent look and feel but not fond of the height around display. Might have switch back to the feather lite spigen case. uploadfromtaptalk1440447905190.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440447931473.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440447960947.jpg

Sent from R2D2 N9

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally was looking at the Defender for my friend and I because she had a Note 4 and really loved the case. I was on a G3 and REALLY wanted it but it never went down in price.

Because of no Best Buy around having the defender case though the site says they did, we found this thanks to another thread here.... comes with holster and it is a tough case. Had the case before but that model didn't come with a belt clip. This one does and I can't wait to get it, plus lower price.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SUPCA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4637119

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I decided to get this one instead: Pelican Voyager Case and Holster for Samsung Galaxy Note5 - AT&T

It comes with a screen protector and it's very responsive when I touch the screen. I like this case so much better than the Otterboxes because it can go in and out of the pockets so much easier.

That's what I got as well, but replaced the screen protector with a stick on glass protector. I work in dusty (really really dusty) locations and didn't want to get dirt between the plastic and the screen. Gorilla glass will still scratch if you rub sand on it.

callderek

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Defender today, way better case. The Commuter no longer has the clear plastic for the display so you'd have to purchase the glass protection. Turns out to cost more than the Defender. Plus the Commuter no longer has the rubber backing while the Defender does....not slipping around all the time is way better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is the Defender better than the Note 4 defender? The Note 4 I had I returned because the two plastic pieces would not clamp down all the way and the rubber was way flimsy than past Defenders.

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I take the screen protector out of my defender cases it is to hard to use the phone with that on it. I wish that they would make a belt holster for the commuter .;)

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Symmetry is the best of both those cases. Tech21 is protective on the sides but to thin in the back in my opinion.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Symmetry is the best of both those cases. Tech21 is protective on the sides but to thin in the back in my opinion.

The tech21 i returned to the verizon store was so thin on the bezels it drove me nuts. The one i had on the note4 was perfect, but for the 5 they thinned it out so much a face down drop was still going to affect the screen.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I always go with the commuter. It has a soft silicone liner that won't scratch or damage your phone. The defender will sooner or later damage the finish on the sides of the phone do to the hard plastic rubbing.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the defender and love it. I did not install the screen protector though. Use zagg glass for that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800