This is a drop Test video on SamMobile, makes interesting viewing!

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 09:09 AM
    Looks about right.
    08-18-2015 09:26 AM
    Its very cool that they are using a machine to achieve a consistent drop test.

Now I'm off to amazon to look for wireless charging compatible cases...
    08-18-2015 09:29 AM
    Pretty much as expected. I am happy it did well in the side test. This is probably more likely than a flat drop test on it's face.

Although I would have liked to see a corner drop test, which is probably the most likely situation
    dsignori likes this.
    08-18-2015 09:37 AM
    Pretty much as expected. I am happy it did well in the side test. This is probably more likely than a flat drop test on it's face.

Although I would have liked to see a corner drop test, which is probably the most likely situation
    The back of the case is going to crack in pretty much any drop scenario. A case with cushion should help a lot.

Still not getting the point of a glass casing on a portable device. A case nulls the aesthetics and the material handles drops poorly compared to the Note 4. The good news perhaps for folks that do not get a case and drop it, they can get a case to hide the cracks Unless drops on a corner- displays "hate" that just as much as the casing does.
    08-18-2015 09:42 AM
    Are for very little money get a nice thin clear case . That will protect and show off your phone . I almost never see anybody with the latest samsung phone without a case so these points are mute

08-18-2015 10:10 AM
    Like the S6 and previous iPhones, a thin plastic case will not protect this phone from drops. Need something with cushion to protect glass from drops.
    08-18-2015 10:28 AM
    Like the S6 and previous iPhones, a thin plastic case will not protect this phone from drops. Need something with cushion to protect glass from drops.
    Not just previous iPhones I've seen so many cracked ip6 in the wild and at gatherings. The metal back doesn't help it 1 bit.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 12:06 PM
    UAG makes a nice rugged case with a clear back, looks great on the s6

08-18-2015 12:39 PM
    Not just previous iPhones I've seen so many cracked ip6 in the wild and at gatherings. The metal back doesn't help it 1 bit.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    The display yes, but not the back. More to crack with glass on back.
    08-18-2015 01:09 PM

Or a spinning drop test which is what ALWAYS happens to my device when I'm on the run and it slips out of my hands. Thankfully I have a case!
    08-18-2015 01:14 PM
    What a waste! Every phone will suffer damage when dropped. No point at all performing these drop tests.
    BarfingMonkey and Gray Area like this.
    08-18-2015 07:32 PM
    What a waste! Every phone will suffer damage when dropped. No point at all performing these drop tests.
    I agree! Thats like shredding $600+!

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Mophie Juicepack
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-18-2015 07:36 PM
    It's not a waste it's proof that all the pseudo premium look is coming with a hefty price in terms of durability.

If that happens to a phone with a removable back people are just buying a new back. Glass as everyone knows is easy to shatter.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-18-2015 07:56 PM
    08-18-2015 08:08 PM
    It's not a waste it's proof that all the pseudo premium look is coming with a hefty price in terms of durability.

If that happens to a phone with a removable back people are just buying a new back. Glass as everyone knows is easy to shatter.
    Proof??? Do people really need proof that if you drop your phone, it might suffer damage? What happened to common sense? Uhhh, glass back = hmmm, might break!

All this BS about Gorilla glass, etc, is just BS. I know a lot of people that dropped their phone just a few feet and their screen cracked... even with cases on. My nieces iPhone dropped only about 2 feet from the car seat onto the ground and the screen cracked. Thank you Apple, here's $130! All these drop test vids are just pointless.... or are for people that just don't know they shouldn't drop their phone.
    JoshDunc and tadpoles like this.
    08-18-2015 08:19 PM
    If you drop it and break it you pay to get it fixed. Just like any phone. Done it several times.
    JoshDunc and Katrina White1 like this.
    08-18-2015 08:37 PM
    If you drop it and break it you pay to get it fixed. Just like any phone. Done it several times.
    Almost anyone who has had a smartphone has done it lol it is the one of the worst feelings dropping an expensive phone and just knowing when you pick it up it will be broken lol

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
    Mophie Juicepack
    ZAGG Tempered Glass
    08-18-2015 08:39 PM
    I always think that too about phones.... And guitars rock stars break on purpose. Car crash tests too, but they are safety and liability investments.
    08-18-2015 10:11 PM