08-18-2016 04:06 AM
27 12
tools
    I've posted this on a few forums and nobody seems to know...

All Sammy phones had MHL until the S6 family...I hope the Note 5 still has it.
    08-18-2015 09:55 AM
    According to Samsung support chat... no. Which writes it off my list (I need it to connect to a pocket projector).Does it have MHL???-screenshot-2015-08-19-5.54.37-pm.png
    08-19-2015 06:50 PM
    I can confirm. No mhl. I tested it with my cable that I used with the note 3 and 4
    08-19-2015 11:10 PM
    Well that settles it...sticking to the Note 4. Thanks for the test!
    08-20-2015 10:40 AM
    Does it have MHL???-image.jpg

This was a major issue for me because I used my note 4 to connect to a projector. I've searched for a way to connect this device to the projector without wifi and this was the product that I ended up buying from Best Buy just now. We tried it in the store without being connected to a network using wifi Direct and it worked perfectly. Hopefully this will help those of us who needed this ability.
    08-27-2015 01:24 PM
    I can confirm. No mhl. I tested it with my cable that I used with the note 3 and 4
    With a replaceable battery, sd slot, IR Blaster, MHL, less crack-able design and lower cost, the Note 4 still RULES!!!!

Of course with one drop though, the Note 5 users have an unofficial Spidey case phone as a bonus Just funnin'
    08-27-2015 01:31 PM
    I've posted this on a few forums and nobody seems to know...

All Sammy phones had MHL until the S6 family...I hope the Note 5 still has it.
    I tried it with my MHL and Slimport cables, and neither even gave a glimmer of hope of working.
    08-27-2015 05:25 PM
    There is a link where Samsung customer service confirms the function is not on the Note 5 and just a few posts above ours.

It works on the Note 4, but I always found it to be a battery sucking demon. Mirrorcast is much better, but of course not as common as hdmi inputs.
    08-29-2015 10:16 AM
    There is a link where Samsung customer service confirms the function is not on the Note 5 and just a few posts above ours.

It works on the Note 4, but I always found it to be a battery sucking demon. Mirrorcast is much better, but of course not as common as hdmi inputs.
    So did Mirrorcast work for you on the Note 5? Did you use Chromecast or the Fire stick or what?

I had an HDMI cord that also plugged into an outlet, so my S5 phone stayed charged.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-01-2015 10:17 AM
    Note 5 does not work with the multimedia smart dock either:

debdroid1a likes this.
    09-04-2015 03:29 PM
    What other options are there? I'm thinking of trying the ScreenBeam item.

In the tips and tricks thread someone got their Amazon Fire Stick to work, but another article posted had a Fire Stick from Germany and it didn't work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=570123

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-10-2015 08:05 AM
    I can in fact confirm that you can mirror the note 5 WITHOUT WiFi, with the Amazon Fire Stick. I first tried the chromecast today but that does require wifi even though google had earlier said they were gonna update it.

The initial set up of the fire stick DOES require WiFi. But that is a one time setup, to register the device and get updates. After that its simple

1. Turn the TV on with the firestick plugged into HDMI.

2. Goto settings, then display, then enable Mirroring

3. On the Note 5, enable mirroring and select your firestick. (After the first time it should automatically connect.)

4. Wahlah! Yer mirroring. This is great. Now I can stream netflix, or amazon prime, (or anything i want) from my phone. Wooohooo!

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    debdroid1a and 1stGalaxyS3 like this.
    09-10-2015 08:05 PM
    Reviewers on Amazon report that the new MHL 3.0 Amazon.com: Samsung MHL 3.0 HDTV Adapter - Retail Packaging - White: Cell Phones & Accessories and How to Connect Galaxy Note 5 to TV work with the Note 5. I just ordered one and will let you know when it arrives tomorrow.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-11-2015 04:49 AM
    Reviewers on Amazon report that the new MHL 3.0 Amazon.com: Samsung MHL 3.0 HDTV Adapter - Retail Packaging - White: Cell Phones & Accessories and How to Connect Galaxy Note 5 to TV work with the Note 5. I just ordered one and will let you know when it arrives tomorrow.
    Yes, let us know. I read the reviews and no one said note 5. There were note 4 reviews. S6 didn't with with this either, according to the reviews, so I'm a bit skeptical fit the note 5. But, since you've ordered it, try it and let us know.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    09-11-2015 06:29 AM
    I think you should re-read the reviews and questions. It is stated several times that it doesn't work with the S6 and no one mentions it working with a Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sammuel1973 and redhat1001 like this.
    09-11-2015 06:34 AM
    Here's an older thread about this issue. I can attest it doesn't work, with pics as proof.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=571715
    09-11-2015 06:53 AM
    I'll give it a shot. Actually, it was under the questions and answers on amazon that someone said it worked for them. If not I'll return it, and keep using the miracast module that I use on my S6 Edge. I'll keep you posted.
    09-11-2015 07:41 AM
    I'll give it a shot. Actually, it was under the questions and answers on amazon that someone said it worked for them. If not I'll return it, and keep using the miracast module that I use on my S6 Edge. I'll keep you posted.
    I see a return in your future, through my crystal ball. Lol, I can confirm that tthe MHL adapter does not work on the Note 5. I bought this adapter earlier this year for my previous note. The Note 5 does not have MHL capabilities. That's why I switched to the Amazon fire Stick.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-11-2015 10:54 AM
    lol, you all convinced me I'll cancel the order. At least the amazon fire stick will worked for me.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-11-2015 12:03 PM
    so, how can i whach a movie i have in streeming on the note 5?
    09-30-2015 05:08 AM
    so, how can i whach a movie i have in streeming on the note 5?
    Read the post right above yours.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus
    09-30-2015 08:02 AM
    just tried this...damn this is a bummer. thank god i kept the N4 as a backup. Ill use it for this type of stuff
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    10-04-2015 04:17 PM
    Just finished a chat with Samsung to find out that after getting rid of the new iphone which I did not like and going back to a latest Note, Samsung has made it more like the iphone and did away with some of the awesome features I enjoyed with the Note 3. One of those features was the ability to connect to my pocket HDMI projector via an MHL adaptor. I was referred to the Allshare Cast Hub ($58 on Amazon). Hopefully, it will work. The iphone at least did that!
    10-28-2015 03:48 PM
    What other options are there? I'm thinking of trying the ScreenBeam item.

In the tips and tricks thread someone got their Amazon Fire Stick to work, but another article posted had a Fire Stick from Germany and it didn't work.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=570123

Posted via the *Note 5*
    I use an amazon fire stick all the time. As a truck driver, I don't always have access to wifi so my chromecast officially stays at home now. I bought a fire stick at best buy for 35 bucks. I can mirror from my phone to the device with it plugged into tv. I stream netflix from my phone to the tv practically every night.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-28-2015 04:40 PM
    very interesting. We're big on Xperia in our household. Major feature being that, when travelling, we can plug our Xperia tablets or Z3 compacts into the HDMI TV port when travelling. Great for music and netflix without having to use wifi/chromecast. (One hotel recently had a samsung smart tv and we were able to mirrorcast (?) to that). I've been looking at the one plus 3 which also does NOT support MHL. However, I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber and if this 'trick' with the inexpensive firestick works... it does open up possibilities. thanks. @DavyPaul
    08-08-2016 03:41 AM
27 12