08-21-2015 11:08 PM
114 12345
tools
    In your opinion there is no benefit of cloud storage for businesses. I would disagree because it makes my job much easier in many ways. I'm able to share or email any of my files from my phone, tablet, work pc, or from home whenever needed. I'm also able to update or access my files and do work where I need to. I understand that won't work for everyone but probably does for most.
    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Well actually I was saying a business professional should be able to work with an app that can backup and restore a smartphone. The software for doing so is pretty easy to use these days and very robust.

I would have not problem using my company's data over the internet/intranet/vpn. It is my personal data I want to do everything possible to limit the exposure. Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. mine as much of your personal data as they can legally and illegally acquire as possible and sell it to others. If some people don't mind having that exposure that is their prerogative.

Our company has tens of exabytes of data we manage and keep as safe as possible with the best state of the market tools. Cheap or free cloud services are paid for by selling your personal info you place on it period.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:37 PM
    What is your current phone?
    I have the note 4. Battery life used to be better before lollipop. I factory reset my phone at least twice, but I gave up trying to fix the battery life.
    Aquila, stanleybb50 and athenatp like this.
    08-18-2015 10:43 PM
    Samsung really messed up 5.0, 5.02 pretty terribly but I'm sure google is to blame too but 5.1.1 is on point. I'm sure once all the devices get updated and the memory leaks and cell standby drains are gone Samsung will have a great performing lineup with the s6 line. The hardware is there that's for sure.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Aquila and nokia4life like this.
    08-18-2015 10:54 PM
    That is exactly my view. My note one has been my backup phone. After Friday my note 3 will be the backup.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-18-2015 11:07 PM
    Cant wait to get mine this week!
    08-18-2015 11:10 PM
    Me too!

Aquila and mclarryjr like this.
    08-18-2015 11:25 PM
    I had to fight UPS to get my package but, I thank God I did. This is an amazing. It's the first phone I've had in a long time that I just had a smile on my face.

My Note 4: I felt badass. My Note 3: I thought I was a boss. My Note 2: I felt like an up and coming CEO. My Note Edge: I felt really cool and did have a smile on my face, especially matched up with the Gear S *so cool*. My Gold S5: I felt like the hottest kid on the block because Sprint just released the color. My S4: I felt like I was on top of the food chain. My S3: I still have and will not giving that up for anything. My S2: I started to understand what people were talking about after I switched from the HTC EVO 3D.

But with this one: I hate to say it, but it just works. Granted, I'm a sucker for Samsung and I'll be quick to point out their faults. I have an HTC M8 as my (now) secondary phone, but dammit it MAN! This is a sexy phone that works like a new champion racehorse and is as sleek as a supercar. Plenty of people don't understand what Samsung is doing, but I believe I do. This phone will blow your mind and it's not even on Marshmallow yet...OMG!

Also, is everyone online who "reviewing" or having "impressions" of the phone forgetting, it has Video Collage? I mean really...just killing the competition right now.
    08-19-2015 03:20 AM
    Hence, why I keep saying people should use the device before giving their final impressions.

I'm getting sick of people who keep using their first impressions as their final impressions without TOUCHING the device.

It's fine to have a first impression that's either positive or negative, but you absolutely MUST experience the device in person before coming to a conclusion.

Impressions change.
    08-19-2015 07:15 AM
    What's Video Collage? If this came on the S6 then I still need to know what it is because I had the Note 3.
    08-19-2015 07:15 AM
    Well ive pretty much talked myself into the note5. Ill trade my droid turbo in friday evening. If the new droid turbo2 comes out and i have to have it too ill just add a line lol.

Ill prob get the 32gig, since i don't store a lot on my phone. Even w 22gigs after OS that is still plenty for me.

Now to decide.... white or black...

Also, would be nice if verizon carried the samsung fast wireless charger.

08-19-2015 07:38 AM
    Yea I forgot to mention the fingerprint scanner is really fast and is super easy to use, its my first device I actually activated it
    How is data reception for the Note 5. I had problems with reception with the Note 4 and I am hoping the Note 5 has improved.
    08-19-2015 07:50 AM
    Cant wait to get mine this week!
    Mine is on its way!
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    08-19-2015 10:41 AM
    So back to the topic at hand -- Has anyone else got their Note and like it more than they thought they would? (Did I say that right? Lol) --- I know as each day passed FedEx / UPS should be busy delivering tons of phones .
    ladyc0524 and Connert like this.
    08-19-2015 11:13 AM
    Second warning, thread went way off topic and has been cleaned accordingly.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-19-2015 11:51 AM
    glad to read refreshing first hand real experience not just impressions. at least, it's non-biased. TY OP for starting this thread
    Aquila and anon(522296) like this.
    08-19-2015 12:14 PM
    So back to the topic at hand -- Has anyone else got their Note and like it more than they thought they would? (Did I say that right? Lol) --- I know as each day passed FedEx / UPS should be busy delivering tons of phones .
    I got mine yesterday and I am loving it. Right now I'm using it caseless, the case I ordered should be delivered today. No lag whatsoever, haven't tested the camera out yet. Probably will do that this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-19-2015 12:51 PM
    I've used the Camera and to my eyes, it looks just like the S6. Maybe someone with more photography skills or a better eye can see a difference, but I can't. Happy with the camera.
    08-19-2015 12:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure that $200 credit from Best Buy is in the form of a Best Buy gift card. Though you could probably sell that at a slight discount and still be ahead.

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-19-2015 01:09 PM
    How is data reception for the Note 5. I had problems with reception with the Note 4 and I am hoping the Note 5 has improved.
    Curious about this to. Planning to pull the trigger on a Note 4 but could be swayed to a Note 5.
    08-19-2015 01:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure that $200 credit from Best Buy is in the form of a Best Buy gift card. Though you could probably sell that at a slight discount and still be ahead.

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    It is a $200 gift card, but you can immediately apply it to the purchase of the phone. Seems odd, but they've done the same thing in the past with the Tab S.
    08-19-2015 01:35 PM
    You know, this is all refreshing to read...but these are all first impressions.

Every Samsung I've owned has had the tendency to slow down pretty significantly after the first 6-8 months. With or without an SD card.

I get the whole "new device high" thing, it happens to me every time I get a new phone - but I grow weary for Sammie phones now, because TouchWiz is just so crappy and so heavy. The RAM usage alone on these things goes to show you how heavy TouchWiz is and it's very disappointing - it's no wonder they pack in so much RAM and the fastest processors out - they have to because of the UI alone.

Clean up TouchWiz to where it's near non-existent and not so memory intensive and I'm willing to bet you'd have an awesome and solid, long-term device on your hands.
    08-19-2015 01:41 PM
    For me i really thing the GS6 edge is the one. But the new SPen boy it makes me consider the Note 5
    08-19-2015 08:52 PM
    You know, this is all refreshing to read...but these are all first impressions.

Every Samsung I've owned has had the tendency to slow down pretty significantly after the first 6-8 months. With or without an SD card.

I get the whole "new device high" thing, it happens to me every time I get a new phone - but I grow weary for Sammie phones now, because TouchWiz is just so crappy and so heavy. The RAM usage alone on these things goes to show you how heavy TouchWiz is and it's very disappointing - it's no wonder they pack in so much RAM and the fastest processors out - they have to because of the UI alone.

Clean up TouchWiz to where it's near non-existent and not so memory intensive and I'm willing to bet you'd have an awesome and solid, long-term device on your hands.
    The cool thing about TouchWiz now is you can change the themes. The same theme engine for the s6 is in the Note 5. I am currently using the material design theme and I feel like I'm using a Nexus. Pretty awesome customization!

ladyc0524 and nokia4life like this.
    08-19-2015 09:02 PM
    Yes. The Note 5 is simply amazing. I had a Galaxy S6 Edge before and decided to upgrade.

This phone has an amazing battery life (so far) first day with it. This phone seems much faster during certain actions than the S6 was. I don't know if it's because it's still very new or because of the extra 1GB of ram.

Fingerprint scanner for example is perfect. Fast and so far 100% accurate.
    No lag during multitasking. No reload of apps.
    Loving the way things feels smaller on this phone. Looks like Samsung changed the density of the screen.

co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-19-2015 09:26 PM
    Yes. The Note 5 is simply amazing. I had a Galaxy S6 Edge before and decided to upgrade.

This phone has an amazing battery life (so far) first day with it. This phone seems much faster during certain actions than the S6 was. I don't know if it's because it's still very new or because of the extra 1GB of ram.

Fingerprint scanner for example is perfect. Fast and so far 100% accurate.
    No lag during multitasking. No reload of apps.
    Loving the way things feels smaller on this phone. Looks like Samsung changed the density of the screen.

Why did you go with the Note 5 instead of the S6 Edge Plus?
    08-19-2015 10:02 PM
114 12345