Sorry I passed judgement too quick, this Note 5 is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't be fooled, if you have a smartphone, your being followed everywhere you go. Being in the cloud doesn't matter, its GPS and your cell provider. If they want you they will find you, don't do anything wrong and it doesn't matter.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was starting to enjoy the actual informed information from this thread... then I got so paranoid that I had to put on my tin foil hat... :cool:

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I was starting to enjoy the actual informed information from this thread... then I got so paranoid that I had to put on my tin foil hat... :cool:

The government learned about that trick along time ago. They secretly forced the foil companies to change the makeup of their foil products so they could no longer block their super duper brain readers. I thought this was common knowledge... :D

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Using SD cards allows you to have the most protection of your personal information. Using the cloud you give up any rights to you and your family's privacy such as facial recognition, bank account info, etc they are just trying to lull you into thinking it is safe, get use to being tracked every minute of your life and every place you go if you use the cloud.

It doesn't matter whether you use cloud or sd card. The fact that we are are using a piece of technology that we think we own is open season on our "no longer private information". The moment you enter information on the mobile device Apple, Samsung, Google and other companies has free access to our data. We paid for the device, but we really don't own it. They (i.e. Apple, Google...etc) control our phones and they can collect info, modify settings, push (install) apps without us knowing or our permission. So, using cloud service is just a neat way to backup/store and retrieve data without having to re-install everything if you were to reset the phone. And sd card do backup data but, doesn't auto-restore. It is more secure if you encrypt all info, but that will cause other problems such as slowing the system down and take up more memory. Plus companies still can access the sd card for info as expected. The more we use the latest tech the easier and more data companies collect. We don't own the devices we pay for.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on a 64GB N5 preorder at best buy. Hoping to trade in my original Note as I was told on Friday it is a guaranteed 200. That plus the wireless charger they are including is giving me hope that power will never be a problem.

I am worried about storage. There really is no replacement for the SD card if you need that much storage locally and they keep growing. The thought that kind of storage is obsolete is foolish. The question though is how often do you need it. Cloud storage doesn't make local storage obsolete or vice versa. They each have there use case and I use both and not for the same thing.

I was never worried about the battery because they included wireless charging. The days of keeping a phone off the charger all day should be gone soon. Before you know it all kinds of furniture will include it. You care will charge it and pretty much any time you set it doe it will be gathering juice. The only people getting screwed in that scenerio would be folks that work outside continuously that would never sit down and have a place to put it other then there pocket.

The folks that will be hit hardest by the storage limit will be those that take 4k video though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dude, don't trade in a note, you can trade in any smart phone as long as it works and doesn't have a cracked screen, if you don't have an older smart phone, you can buy a cheap one for 20-30 dollars on eBay. I am turning in my wife's old Samsung Attain and keeping my s4 for back up

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
With the strength of high end smart phones today they should have a productive lifecycle of 36mos. Anything less than that is unacceptable.

Having a device that is 100% at your fingertips is the function required doesn't matter if it last a week between charges. Being tied to a new electrical outlet for any time is unacceptable.

Using SD cards allows you to have the most protection of your personal information. Using the cloud you give up any rights to you and your family's privacy such as facial recognition, bank account info, etc they are just trying to lull you into thinking it is safe, get use to being tracked every minute of your life and every place you go if you use the cloud.

How do you get by without a credit card or a driver's license? You registered your car? Have a bus pass? Written a check? Registered for classes at college?

Time for worry about that is gone. They got ya!

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Good to see some positivity. I'll be getting my note 5 tomorrow, and as long the battery lasts longer than 10 hours with more than 1 h 20min on screen time, I'll be fine. I've adjusted to expecting my battery to last until I get home from work, so I'm hoping my expectations will be exceeded.

I have horrid on screen time, I know lol.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've only had mine for 24 hours and I'm very impressed. I had a S6, got bad battery life and switched to the S6 Active. Was good battery life but just wasn't excited about it. So far the battery on the note 5 is impressing me. I had a note 4 and I just felt it was way too big. This might about the same size but it doesn't feel any better then my S6 active. Loving it so far.

Dr Footie

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Getting the Note 5 this weekend. Was planning on trading in my galaxy S3 on Verizon. It's in great shape although my battery is toast! Will they give me $200 for such an old phone tho? Should I buy a new battery for it? Thanks for any help, new to the trading in game.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my 64GB Black Note 5 from T-Mobile. Says it will be delivered tomorrow, but I doubt that.
I'm excited; couldn't make up my mind on what I wanted, but the more I watched videos on it the more I loved it (coming from Note 4).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
OP - glad you found what you like :)

All, please remember that all complaints about removable whatever need to be directed to the stickied thread that says, "all discussion about lack of MicroSD and removable battery must go here" in the thread title.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OP - glad you found what you like :)

All, please remember that all complaints about removable whatever need to be directed to the stickied thread that says, "all discussion about lack of MicroSD and removable battery must go here" in the thread title.

Saying no one can discuss a concern but in one thread is ludicrous.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Before you give any grief about voicing there concerns or reasons for a comment in this thread you should be aware that apparently stickies don't show up in the android central app. This is the top thread at the time of my posting.

That's good info, thanks! I'm specifically referring to people who are aware and are posting in multiple threads (so they already know better) and as an FYI in case some others were not aware that we have a dedicated thread for that stuff. But I didn't know they can't see the sticky in that app.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
After posting I realized I had to click on the sticky tabs to see it. I honestly never saw that till you brought it up. Obviously I have never used it either. But I also don't think it is right to say someone can't discuss something if it effects there response in the thread.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Current location is only part of security. The data mining of you and your family is even more valuable.

It doesn't bother me -- if anyone looked close enough they could find out things (like my job, my house, etc.)

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's a thread to discuss removable batteries and Sdcards http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...able-battery-must-go-here-13.html#post4613187

I'm really happy with Note so far on the hardware and the performance of the phone itself. It feels great in my hand and is very fast without any lag what so ever. The biggest surprise for me is the fingerprint scanner and on how accurate it is, I really didn't expect that. I'm also impressed with the sound quality of the speakers compared to the HTC M8, I assumed it wouldn't be even close to as good.
The OP made this statement:
"As a smartphone user I have evolved a few years back and don't need the SD card anymore and while I know many people like it I just feel it's time everyone accepts cloud storage and can see the benefits of using it. There is no benefit using an SD card and many times they get corrupted and slow the device down."

I am simply giving my option like everyone else such as:
"As a smartphone user I have evolved a few years back and don't need a simpleton's phone anymore and while I know many people like it I just feel it's time everyone accepts additional storage growth ( you can actually not buy SD cards and use the cloud only if you choose too) and can see the benefits of using it. There is no benefit for a business or engineering professional using the cloud and many times they get there personal data mined and it slows the device connections down.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't be fooled, if you have a smartphone, your being followed everywhere you go. Being in the cloud doesn't matter, its GPS and your cell provider. If they want you they will find you, don't do anything wrong and it doesn't matter.

Location is only part of the issue. Mining your families personal info is a bigger value target. If a smartphone has a SD Card slot you do not have to use it and can still use the cloud exclusively. If you do not want to buy a spare battery you never have to. The converse is not true if the features are not available.

Status
Not open for further replies.