09-11-2015 09:21 PM
95 1234
tools
    When I read the article I said to myself ... No way... It was a random tweet from a random csr at Verizon, about a product that isn't out on a device that isnt out. Sounds like a lot was made of a little.

Most likely verizonnis not an official partners, but they don't need to be. It is carrier independent, so Verizon's position on the subject is moot.

And for a post a few back.. Isis became softcard and Google absorbed softcard, so its no longer.

Wallet vs Android pay... Wallet is for person to person payments (think PayPal) and Android pay is for real world payments. At least that is how they will be eventually.
    08-18-2015 10:45 PM
    Becauxe Samsung Pay does what no other does, including Apple Pay. It works with every type electronic payment terminal used anywhere by any business large or small. In other words the business doesn't have to have a specific type of new termainal.
    and how does Samsung the Ferengi profit from all this?
    MikeX74 likes this.
    08-18-2015 10:51 PM
    Can Verizon iPhone 6 and 6 Plus use Apple Pay?
    Yes because Verizon can't do **** with Apple ... Apple shows them middle finger and says just be a dumb pipe and we will take care of the rest. I wait for a day when Android OEMs treat these useless carriers the same and I know that won't happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    co.ag.2005, MikeX74 and Jyscal like this.
    08-18-2015 11:47 PM
    Network coverage.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Meh ... If you are mostly in a city all carriers are fine except may be Sprint.
    08-18-2015 11:49 PM
    Well i guess i am the only person verizon treats well lol. I have had them give me a discount without asking because i bought a phone and the next day it went on sale, they refunded the difference to my account.

I have never had a custo rep be rude.

Nit trying to fanboy Verizon, just stating my experience.

As for Samsung Pay, i will never use it just because using my phone as a debit card isn't my thing. But i can see why some people would be upset if its not allowed.

As for the Verizon logo, my droid Turbo is the first phone in years that doesn't have it, and it didnt make any difference lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 02:23 AM
    Well i guess i am the only person verizon treats well lol. I have had them give me a discount without asking because i bought a phone and the next day it went on sale, they refunded the difference to my account.

As for Samsung Pay, i will never use it just because using my phone as a debit card isn't my thing. But i can see why some people would be upset if its not allowed.

As for the Verizon logo, my droid Turbo is the first phone in years that doesn't have it, and it didnt make any difference lol.

My only question is why even remove it?
    08-19-2015 07:51 AM
    Ok thanks I figured I was missing something just wasn't sure
    08-19-2015 10:31 AM

Oh yeah you aren't being a fan boy -- I mean they definitely aren't all bad. Any carrier can have great or horrid customer service. Reps definitely vary from store to store. There are some T-Mobile stores I know to avoid and others I know that are wonderful / hassle free .
    08-19-2015 10:54 AM
    I glanced over this thread, so I may have missed small details, and I realize not everyone wants to root their phone......However, does anyone think it would be possible to sideload Samsung Pay?

I'm assuming Samsung will open this up to non-Samsung devices and I did successfully sideload Google Wallet back in the day.
    08-19-2015 03:43 PM
    There is a running thread on VZW forums about this and alot of ppl who are not pleased. If we go to that site and voice our opionions, maybe we can get a definitive answer and possible get it on our device. I also wrote on Twitter to Samsung and Verizon.

https://community.verizonwireless.co...69850?tstart=0
    cav22 likes this.
    08-19-2015 04:19 PM
    I think we should chill and wait till it rolls out. It will be fine. Think positive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-19-2015 11:17 PM
    I think we should chill and wait till it rolls out. It will be fine. Think positive.

Well since the confirmation is from Samsung via Twitter I would say it is more confirmed versus a rumor that we need to wait for.
    08-19-2015 11:51 PM
    Samsung sent out a tweet confirming this service will not be on Verizon? I didn't see that. I saw 2 tech sites report on it. If what you said happened I guess things don't look so bright.

08-19-2015 11:55 PM
    Samsung sent out a tweet confirming this service will not be on Verizon? I didn't see that. I saw 2 tech sites report on it. If what you said happened I guess things don't look so bright.

From the OP - Verizon Wireless won’t be a part of Samsung Pay - SamMobile.

Within the Article at the bottom it shows the Tweet from Samsung. I took a snapshot below.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Wireless won’t be a part of Samsung Pay-sspayverizon.png  
    08-20-2015 01:06 AM
    This is what VZW said on the matter.
    We are in the process of evaluating Samsung Pay and we will keep our customers updated on any news regarding the service.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/19...evaluating-it/
    08-20-2015 01:08 AM
    The only thing good about Verizon is their coverage.

Everything else about them sucks.

Makes you wonder why many of my buddies have already gone to T-Mobile.
    08-20-2015 07:35 AM
    The only thing good about Verizon is their coverage.

Everything else about them sucks.

Makes you wonder why many of my buddies have already gone to T-Mobile.
    Being on a legacy Unlimited Data Plan helps too.
    08-20-2015 01:16 PM
    May return my note 5 and wait for Motorola X Pure. Half the price. No verizon crapware. No Verizon blocked or removed features. Order direct from Moto.
    Would move to another but I like my unlimited data. Also agree best coverage at least for now.

08-23-2015 06:01 AM
    Being on a legacy Unlimited Data Plan helps too.
    Doesn't the unlimited plans have throttled down speeds? I thought I saw something when Sprint had their unlimited plans.

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    08-23-2015 03:46 PM
    Doesn't the unlimited plans have throttled down speeds? I thought I saw something when Sprint had their unlimited plans.

Nope... Verizon doesn't throttle like some carriers do. They were planning to last October but changed their minds.

It's the main reason unlimited data on Verizon is better than on other carriers.
    08-23-2015 04:20 PM
    I glanced over this thread, so I may have missed small details, and I realize not everyone wants to root their phone......However, does anyone think it would be possible to sideload Samsung Pay?

I'm assuming Samsung will open this up to non-Samsung devices and I did successfully sideload Google Wallet back in the day.
    Samsung pay is hardware, for mst to work.

08-23-2015 06:43 PM

Nope... Verizon doesn't throttle like some carriers do. They were planning to last October but changed their minds.

It's the main reason unlimited data on Verizon is better than on other carriers.
    I think Verizon throttles 3G unlimited users (rare?).

They don't and probably can't (artificially) throttle unlimited 4G LTE due to agreements with the 700MHz auction. If you think you're being throttled on Verizon 4G LTE using an unlimited plan, it's probably just network congestion.
    08-23-2015 11:48 PM
    Verizon does throttle but not like the others. It is based on tower congestion. At that point everyone connected to that tower is throttled and that to me is fair.

08-24-2015 08:41 AM
    Yup. On the Samsung pay website it lists all carriers except Verizon for support.

08-24-2015 09:42 AM
    Verizon does throttle but not like the others. It is based on tower congestion. At that point everyone connected to that tower is throttled and that to me is fair.

Correction: everyone who is a high data user will be throttled. Sometimes it is even more specific: high data users on a grandfathered unlimited plan who are trying to stream video. Lol.

But yeah. They call it "network optimization."

08-24-2015 10:12 AM
95 1234