Attachments

• vzw.png
    vzw.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 294

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have told you before -- network ;). See the URL / Picture below. I may not be a fan of their phone modifying ways / customer service but I have to say they have got the network thing down (and I am not even a customer of theirs) haha.

Verizon’s Wireless Network Ranked #1 for Overall Performance Nationally by RootMetrics®
Lol yeah I remember u told me... Still gets me though. Verizon does have pretty good service. Places where I don't get service my Verizon friends do

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This info just freaked me out so I called VZW and was told that Samsung Pay would be coming to their Samsung phones. Strange, don't know who's right here. But I will leave VZW if it is true. Samsung Pay is one of the primary reasons for buying this phone. I will return it and walk and get it from AT&T if need be.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwoms197

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Does this mean if true and I get a vzw note 5, that if I switch carriers it will be enabled or would I have to buy a whole new note 5 on another carrier?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, just placed a second call to VZW to verify whether or not the above info is correct. This time I had the call escalated from the first tier support. I was assured again that Samsung Pay will be allowed to operate on the VZW network as soon as the phone is updated by Samsung with the firmware necessary. They asked where I got this information and told them it was on sammobile.com and they said they will contacting them to fix this as the info is not true. I will just wait a few days to see if sammobile updates their article or makes a correction.

chonghak

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why the carriers should be a part of the Samsung pay eco system. Why can't the carriers just be bypassed? Isn't it just between me, the bank, and samsung? Just like how we do online banking without Comcast as a middle man, for example.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why the carriers should be a part of the Samsung pay eco system. Why can't the carriers just be bypassed? Isn't it just between me, the bank, and samsung? Just like how we do online banking without Comcast as a middle man, for example.

Cause stupid verizon has their own payment service, ISIS!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The network is only one part of the experience, the other part is how the carrier treats you, provides that service and frankly Verizon sucks at everything except for the network. I have been on AT&T for about a year now and really I have no issues where I am and get far better speeds on 4G and LTE with AT&T than I ever did on Verizon's LTE.

For Samsung to not have Samsung Pay on Verizon phones is plain stupid, cutting their own throats, Apple doesn't have this issue, Verizon is no longer vested in SoftBank aka ISIS before the name change. So WTF Verizon, sub standard service and sub standard value.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I left verizon a long time ago because of them crippling devices and adding their BS services that I didn't want. While their coverage may be superb, I hate that they still keep removing services from devices that are key elements in the user experience, at least on Android, while apple is never F'n with.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Does Samsung Pay need anything in the SIM to work?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)