Ordered the Note 5, currently have S6

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else here done the same? I love the S6, aside from the battery life. Admittedly, I'm not the typical smartphone user.

I use social apps and make a lot of calls during the day. So I'm constantly charging my S6. Everything else is perfect though.

I've owned every note since the note 2 and kind of miss the pen despite liking the S line more over all. I ordered the Note 5 for the S pen, battery life, and the slightly bigger screen. I wish the Note 5 was available in gold in the us like the S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yup same! And this will be my first Note

I have my S6 up on eBay right now, will use the proceeds to get the Note 5

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

ihtc

May 1, 2010
Visit site
S6 Edge user here. Just preordered a Verizon note 5 via best buy. I figured with a subsidy available on my account and there $200 trade offer I couldn't resist. Note line usually improves on S line, i guess they have time to tweak the software between launches.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as well, I will be picking up a note via T-Mobile store on Friday and trading in my S6 edge

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Had the S6 and sold it a while back because of battery life and touchwiz. Getting the Note 5 because of the bigger battery probably will carry me thru the day. Even though it still has touchwiz the hardware, design is too good to pass up. Played it at best buy and was pleasure to just hold and play with it. I would say go for it over S6.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the S6 a few months ago but got rid of it for the S6 active because the S6's battery was really awful. I now have the Note 5 and I absolutely love it. I just got it a 1/2 hour ago and setting it up. I love it.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup same! And this will be my first Note

I have my S6 up on eBay right now, will use the proceeds to get the Note 5

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Wow kind of shocked lol. We were both excited about the S6. I remember your posts in the other forum. What changed your mind? Just curious

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Had the S6 and sold it a while back because of battery life and touchwiz. Getting the Note 5 because of the bigger battery probably will carry me thru the day. Even though it still has touchwiz the hardware, design is too good to pass up. Played it at best buy and was pleasure to just hold and play with it. I would say go for it over S6.

I actually don't mind touchwiz. Now that they cleaned it up

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the S6 edge...this is night and day IMO....battery life seems to be after 48 hours so much better!! I haven't had to even worry about charging it throughout the day and I am a pretty heavy user, email, internet, videos, texting, calls, you name it. The biggest things I noticed are when its in standby, it doesn't drain like my edge did. Also it doesn't get so hot its uncomfortable like the edge! I am very very I didn't listen to everyone say get the note 4 and switched to the note 5! First note since the note 2!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the S6 edge...this is night and day IMO....battery life seems to be after 48 hours so much better!! I haven't had to even worry about charging it throughout the day and I am a pretty heavy user, email, internet, videos, texting, calls, you name it. The biggest things I noticed are when its in standby, it doesn't drain like my edge did. Also it doesn't get so hot its uncomfortable like the edge! I am very very I didn't listen to everyone say get the note 4 and switched to the note 5! First note since the note 2!

That's great to hear! Battery life is literally the only thing I didn't like about my s6. I was constantly charging it. Mine just came, I'm so excited. It's doing it's first round of app updates before I install my apps.

Is it the same processor as the s6? I heard it was, but man it feels faster? Maybe it's placebo because it's a new device. Well anyway I hope you guys get yours soon. I love mine so far. Can't wait to take it to comic con tomorrow. Maybe I'll try that new youtube feature. I was already planning to periscope the hell out of it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind it either. What problems are people still having with this skin? It's far less buggy than before.

It's just adding bloat, I would prefer Motorola route of having stock Android and provide all the additional useful samsung add on thru services and apps. In that way people can use what they want and still keep the experience simple and easy to upgrade Samsung's own services and the Android OS.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the S6 a few months ago but got rid of it for the S6 active because the S6's battery was really awful. I now have the Note 5 and I absolutely love it. I just got it a 1/2 hour ago and setting it up. I love it.

Can't wait for your thoughts on the Note 5, especially for battery life

dreaming of electric sheep

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got an unlocked S6 on the way, but man I'm about to sell it as soon as it gets in to order a Note 5. I've always been a stock guy, but honestly, what does stock Android get you right now? Quick updates? Check. No bloat? Check. But that's about it. Even the huge additions of M like the fingerprint scanner and Android Pay are basically on the Note 5 already. Plus you get an insane camera and a sick screen, which are two very important things for me. I think the Note 5 could be the phone that I actually stick with for awhile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay