I normally go with the higher spec'd phone which normally is the note but now since the s6 edge basically has the same hardware it makes the decision even harder. I have the note 4 but I didn't use the spen as much as I thought I would. I normally use my phone mainly for web browsing and multimedia. I played with both at best buy the note 5 feels better in hand and looks nice with tiny bezels but the s6 edge plus looks sexy as hell. Help me decide...
    08-19-2015 10:47 AM
    Both are great. If you can't decide, Flip a coin.
    08-19-2015 10:56 AM
    I got the s6 edge plus early and I'm thinking about swapping it for the Note 5.. the edge apps are nice but there is no notification counter for the apps on the edge screen.. Like I have facebook on the app edge and when I get a notification it only shows on the status bar, but nothing on the side saying hey open this up and check it... I think the S-pen will have better use than the edge screen.. night clock is to dim to really see if the phone is at any distance from your face.. But you're right it is one sexy *** looking phone though
    08-19-2015 11:10 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have used my stylus, on my note II maybe a dozen times since I've had it.(I bought it the day they were released.) Its definitely time for an upgrade. I've thought aboyt the edge plus, but I watch ALOT of Netflix, VUDU, and amazon prime on my phone. (I'm on the road alot for weeks at a time)

I've never had an edge screen, and worry that the curved screen will mess up the videos, and if when I plug my MHL adapter to the edge plus, if it will mess with the video output to the TV here in the truck.

So I'm still undecided.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    08-19-2015 11:11 AM
    I went with the Note 5 because if the screen is going to be that big, it might as well have a stylus with it.

And it was like $200 cheaper.
    08-19-2015 11:14 AM
    I would try and compare which one has the best features for you. Such as would you use the S-Pen? If not then I would snag the edge.
    08-19-2015 11:23 AM
    I just ordered the N5. Bigger screen and battery were trump cards for me. Not sure yet how much I will actually use S Pen, but I like the option.
    08-19-2015 01:54 PM
    Just got my hands on both at best buy, for me if I were buying one it would be the Note 5, it feels a lot better to me in my hand for whatever reason. Samsung did good with this one even though the battery and SD card will be missed by many. It feels no bigger than my G4 so that's a good thing. I'm not in any rush to move on from my G4 but the Note 5 would be my next.

Posted via LG G4
    08-19-2015 02:20 PM
    IMO, Note easily, mainly cos of the S-Pen/Note taking functionality.

I see it this way.....S6 edge is more cosmetic (cool factor) than of any real world practical use. Edge app support is minimal currently and even at that, in its early stage of being of any value. Anything on the edge screen is merely duplication from the main screen but with less info so for me, personally, it's redundant info that I can live without.

However with Note 5...S-Pen...even if you don't use it much, it can have a practical need (especially quick note taking with the screen off) and hey, it's the ONLY phone that lets you doodle, draw, take notes, etc. Note 5 probably the best S-Pen integration on a mobile device to date. This , I wouldn't live without.

My 2 1/4 cents.
    08-19-2015 02:34 PM
    I did the same thing.....went to Best Buy tried both and I felt the N5 was better to hold and the Edge + was better looking. And Samsung is obviously charging more money for Edge + just for the looks. The features on the Edge and upgraded Edge+ is too minimal compared to N4 to N5 upgrade which has a lot more new features. As result, they are both way overpriced, but none-the-less, I have select the N5 since it was cheaper with more features. I sure you'll be happy with your selection.
    08-19-2015 06:29 PM
    For me, if i was to get the edge, i would get home and miss the Spen because i use it alot when i have a note. I have never had the edge screen so i dont miss it.

But thats just me

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 07:23 PM
    Who cares, no SD card or removable battery. No IR blaster? It's the beginning of the end I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    08-19-2015 07:26 PM
    Note 5 because it is ergonomically better to hold and like the edge on the back since it helps to hold the phone. Plus it has s-pen which has limited use and nice to have option than the gimmicky edge screen on the front.
    08-19-2015 07:56 PM
    Who cares, no SD card or removable battery. No IR blaster? It's the beginning of the end I tell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know! And I wanted a bigger battery that doesn't last as long as this one in my note 5. If I don't have to change it out twice a day then it's just not right
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-19-2015 09:49 PM