Wondering if any owner/s has used their Note 5 for running/fitness yet?

I currently use my Suunto Ambit (1st gen) but interested in what Note5 is capable off as a 'training/running' device. Also interested in ANT performance as well (cadence, etc). Also, the S-Health app ...does this need separate HR belt, Ant+ devices to sync with or have those features built-in?

Thanks in advance!
    08-19-2015 12:12 PM
    Hi there,

Have never used any ANT+ devices to be honest (actually that's one of the first things I disable from my Sammy phones), but S-Health doesn't need those to do its thing. However, bear in mind that this is NOT a dedicated fitness device. Yes, it has a semi-accurate step counter, but dedicated devices will do that better. It has GPS which can track your runs, and you can use the Heart Rate monitor to take those readings on demand...but a dedicated device will do that better. You can manually input a few activities into S-Health and keep track of your weight, estimated calorie burn, etc, but if you want a device that knows what kind of activity you're doing and does a better job of counting calories... a dedicated device does that better.

Now, I'm not trying to say the device is a bad fitness tracker...it's just that it's not it's main purpose, and therefore, it wont excel at that, just get you by with a basic tracker.
    Daaku Singh likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:38 PM