RAW files and Lightroom Mobile

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So, for you photogs out there, Camera in Pro mode is properly producing 30-35 Meg RAW photos in DNG format into the DCIM\Camera directory. This is good.

Granted a PC is a better place to edit RAW, but there can be times I want to fix an exposure or other RAW edit with only my Note 5 in tow.

IF by chance any of you use Lightroom at home (and therefore have an Adobe Creative Cloud account), can you try installing Adobe Lightroom Mobile and see if you can figure out the work flow to get the DNG files into Lightroom Mobile? The only way I can seem to figure it out is auto add but it just doesn't work on my device. There is no way to manually select the DCIM\Camera folder.

There are other apps to edit the files and I'll go that route I guess. But would prefer Lightroom Mobile.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a phone that captures RAW (yet... get my Note 5 on Friday!!) but I am all over the Lightroom and Lightroom mobile thing. It is my understanding that Lightroom mobile currently does NOT support RAW files. It is a matter of hot discussion throughout the lightroom world, much like the battery and SD card thing on the Note.

Many people has assumed it will eventually come, but as of now, LR mobile only reads JPG. Which seems odd to me, but due to limitations on phones (they are great, but they are not full fledged computers) it might be a power/memory/processing thing... thats a lot of data to manage.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
As of April LR Mobile does support RAW. It's just wonky on the Note 5 as sometimes I can get the DNG files to show up but it's inconsistent.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Photo Mate R2 is the RAW editor for Android but it's $10 . I tried it... it works... but got refund until I pursue Adobe for the LR Mobile issue. BTW I am in contact now with Adobe and they acknowledge my problem as a 'wierd' issue. They asked that I send them some DNG photos to a Dropbox account. So when and if this gets fixed in an app update u can thank me!

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Photo Mate R2 is the RAW editor for Android but it's $10 . I tried it... it works... but got refund until I pursue Adobe for the LR Mobile issue. BTW I am in contact now with Adobe and they acknowledge my problem as a 'wierd' issue. They asked that I send them some DNG photos to a Dropbox account. So when and if this gets fixed in an app update u can thank me!

I'm moving away from Adobe for my editing needs. No interest in paying for a cloud subscription. Hopefully some greet competition comes out soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac