12-15-2015 02:35 AM
59 123
tools
    It's working again!! Thanks FoxFi!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    how did you get it to work again? did it just start on its own or did you
    have to install/reinstall or adjust settings in FoxFi?

I'm not carrying my Verizon Note 5 today and can't test until I go back to
    the US tomorrow. (using my old T-Mobile iPhone because I'm currently
    Europe and need the free roaming)

Thanks!
    11-25-2015 07:24 AM
    Couldn't come soon enough. My kids were driving me nuts!

My kids: "Mom, take us to McDonald's for wifi! We'll scavenge for fries, like pigeons!"
    Lol... They survived....
    FoxFi is only a temporary fix.....

Trust me on thie one: . kids will drive you crazy until age 18...
    then they'll continue to drive you crazy some more....

well... the only consolation is that the kids did not drive me
    crazy as badly as the wife or ex-wife I guess I'll have
    my release when I meet with the sweetness of death when
    I'm about 90 or 95. (hopefully I'll still be clutching to my
    Verizon unlimited data plan by then)
    11-25-2015 07:27 AM
    how did you get it to work again? did it just start on its own or did you
    have to install/reinstall or adjust settings in FoxFi?

I'm not carrying my Verizon Note 5 today and can't test until I go back to
    the US tomorrow. (using my old T-Mobile iPhone because I'm currently
    Europe and need the free roaming)

Thanks!
    It just started working. Didn't do anything. Enjoy!!

11-25-2015 07:30 AM
    It just started working. Didn't do anything. Enjoy!!

thanks! can't wait to try it when I get back tomorrow.

wait a minute.... when I called Verizon about this issue, they "admitted" that they blocked FoxFi on purpose... but it's now clear that the issue was with FoxFi's own servers going down.(according to many sources). so were the Verizon reps just admitting to stuff that they didn't do? Or were they simply ignorant of what was going on? I guess it's like that time when I "accidentally" kissed my high school girlfriend during the 20-year reunion party. My wife saw me and I just said "haven't seen her in 20 years so we kissed for old time's sake!" (way easier than trying to deny that the kiss happened and admit that I was... am still very muchin love with my old high school girlfriend from 20 years ago?) AndroidCentral is like my personal confession place... none of my friends/family/co-workers know that I visit here....
    11-25-2015 07:46 AM
    Got my Verizon Note 5 yesterday Foxfi works perfectly... I even accidentally figured out how to use it without a screen lock by overriding the lock screen using Trusted Device Manager by Tusch Development. (basically after installing and setting up Foxfi installing the certificate and all that I downloaded TDM went through the process of setting up a pin through the app and setting a Bluetooth device as a trusted device. While it was connected to the trusted device I was able to select none for the screen lock options... then I completely uninstalled TDM (optional not a bad app btw works well with the gear s) and I was good.
    Thanks for the heads up! I had had purposely held off on installing Foxfi even though I've had the paid version just because I hate a lock screen that requires more than a swipe. The finger print scanner is OK but still prefer just a quick swipe to unlock. Your discovery worked perfect! Now I have the option of using the extra security on the lock screen and I'm not forced into needing it. That's the way it should be!

Posted via Android Central App
    invincible1914 likes this.
    11-26-2015 08:33 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! I had had purposely held off on installing Foxfi even though I've had the paid version just because I hate a lock screen that requires more than a swipe. The finger print scanner is OK but still prefer just a quick swipe to unlock. Your discovery worked perfect! Now I have the option of using the extra security on the lock screen and I'm not forced into needing it. That's the way it should be!

how is swiping the screen easier than simply putting your thumb on the fingerprint scanner?

I lost track of this thread.... so do we blame the FoxFi outage on FoxFi developer or Verizon this time?
    11-28-2015 03:25 PM
    I sometimes have to put my finger on the scanner several times to get it to read. A swipe is easier for me! ☺

11-28-2015 04:57 PM
    I sometimes have to put my finger on the scanner several times to get it to read. A swipe is easier for me! ☺

ok.. that's true. I don't have any problems with getting either of my two Note 5 phones to recognize my thumb on the very first try, but I know friends/relatives who have issues with it. (some of you are probably former operatives who had new fingerprints in order to get new identities after retirement?)
    11-28-2015 08:12 PM
    12-15-2015 02:35 AM
59 123