Verizon Note 5 and FoxFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZGrown

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I woke up to a software update. I wonder if Foxfi will still work after it.
I'm hoping the update will fix the wireless charger issue, as some have said.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I woke up to a software update. I wonder if Foxfi will still work after it.
I'm hoping the update will fix the wireless charger issue, as some have said.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Did FoxFi still work after the software update? My wife will be up for a phone upgrade soon and she is considering the Note 5.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine just stopped working after lunch today... no update that I know of.... was working before and not now.

I will give it a little time and see if it starts.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
First verizon starts charging an extra $20 for us with grandfathered unlimited plans. Now Hotspot doesnt work!! I guess verizon needs the extra cash to update vz navigator!!

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
same here... it just stopped working.

I even went so far as to completely wiping my Verizon Note 5 and restoring it to factory default.
after it booed back up, I installed FoxFi(paid) and hotspot still wouldn't work

strangely, FoxFi is still working perfectly on my older Verizon Note 2 and Note 4 phones right now. (tethered to this laptop right now)

I assume Verizon pushed out some hidden update in the background for the Note 5 only?

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
This sucks!

same here... it just stopped working.

I even went so far as to completely wiping my Verizon Note 5 and restoring it to factory default.
after it booed back up, I installed FoxFi(paid) and hotspot still wouldn't work

strangely, FoxFi is still working perfectly on my older Verizon Note 2 and Note 4 phones right now. (tethered to this laptop right now)

I assume Verizon pushed out some hidden update in the background for the Note 5 only?

Haven't needed hotspot lately, but tried on my note 5 and my son on his s6 (he does/did use it) and neither is working.
Are you bt tethering or usb tethering with your note 2 & 4 as I wonder if that's why it works with those phones?
I wonder if that's the key now?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: This sucks!

Haven't needed hotspot lately, but tried on my note 5 and my son on his s6 (he does/did use it) and neither is working.
Are you bt tethering or usb tethering with your note 2 & 4 as I wonder if that's why it works with those phones?
I wonder if that's the key now?

spoke too soon.... now the Note 2 and Note 4 have both stopped working. Those two phone have not been powered on in a couple of months. I took them out just to test FoxFix. As of an hour ago, it just stopped working. I assuming both phones picked up something that Verizon sent out over the air? The scary thing is that neither phone had any indication of having been updated. (especially the old Note 2, which is no longer supported/updated by Samsung or Verizon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae