Note 5: Post Pictures Of Your Home Screen(s)

Sam Lambert

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Constantly switching between these two. Nova Prime and Stock. I try to keep it clean and simple but can't make up my mind. I love both to be honest.

Screenshot_2015-08-26-14-37-30.jpg
Screenshot_2015-08-26-14-37-39.jpg

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's my lock screen and desktop. I'm running Nova Prime launcher using the Rotox theme. Got the Batman wallpaper off of Zedge and still trying the right clock/weather widget

Screenshot_2015-08-26-18-02-29.jpgScreenshot_2015-08-26-18-02-41.jpg

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
58224abae25ca13c9b54f4d3848edcf4.jpg

Test Driving this Note 5! Safe to say I've ordered a second line on my account with a S6 Edge+! Forgot how much I've missed Android and the customization

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dr Footie

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok... at the risk of getting made fun of... I've been reading thru this whole thread and I'm getting interested in getting a launcher... never used one before. With that said, I don't even know what a launcher really is and what it means. Just by judging what I see here it is obviously something you use to customize your phone the way you want it to look from icons to wallpapers... correct? I've always just used whatever comes stock on the phones, but y'all are inspiring me.

Can someone give me a little more info on what a launcher really does? Do they include their own wallpapers? Or can you continue to use your own photos as wallpapers?

Seems like everyone here for the most part loves Nova or Nova Prime. Any other real solid ones worth looking at? I looked at the Play store and there are literally hundreds of those things.

'Preciate the help y'all!

Oh, and I get my Note 5 TODAY!!! Pumped! (Verizon, black, 64gb)

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Dr Footie. The Launcher is simply the application that acts as your homescreen and app launcher. Yes there are a bunch of them, some of them can really change the way your homescreen looks and works. Some like Nova are similar to stock or OEM launchers but offer much more customization options. Nova really is good. If you want to try it out its free and there are some features that you can get with Prime that are nice.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dr Footie

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Dr Footie. The Launcher is simply the application that acts as your homescreen and app launcher. Yes there are a bunch of them, some of them can really change the way your homescreen looks and works. Some like Nova are similar to stock or OEM launchers but offer much more customization options. Nova really is good. If you want to try it out its free and there are some features that you can get with Prime that are nice.

Thank you for the reply. Once I get my phone today I'll spend some time setting it up and maybe get Nova going to play around with in the next couple days. I'll post a pic if and when I get that rollin'. Thanks again.

I see now you're from Fort Payne... you're right up the road from me. Guntersville!

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. Once I get my phone today I'll spend some time setting it up and maybe get Nova going to play around with in the next couple days. I'll post a pic if and when I get that rollin'. Thanks again.

I see now you're from Fort Payne... you're right up the road from me. Guntersville!
Represent!

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
OMG. WHAT Launcher are you using? It's so BlackBerry 10 nostalgia to me, which means I have been missing that type of homescreen. Please tell me what you use.
Nova Prime. Banded Icon set with 6 on bottom. Set home button to launch app drawer in Nova settings and hide status bar with swipe up gesture to show it. Wallpaper from an icon pack (can't remember which one.) Dashclock widget with some extensions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol