09-06-2015 10:02 PM
86 1234
tools
    HELP!!!!

I got the email invitation, and it says to click install in Samsung Pay, and there is no install button. I have a Note 5 on AT&T, seems like everyone else is finding it... what am I missing.
    I ended up answering my own question... per a rep at Samsung, AT&T has to release an update to allow Samsung pay to work. That update could be released at any time... of course with AT&T, who knows how long they are going to sit on the update. It is a firmware update pushed via the carrier, NOT a software (ie google play) app update.
    08-29-2015 10:49 AM
    I ended up answering my own question... per a rep at Samsung, AT&T has to release an update to allow Samsung pay to work. That update could be released at any time... of course with AT&T, who knows how long they are going to sit on the update. It is a firmware update pushed via the carrier, NOT a software (ie google play) app update.
    I got my invite yesterday from Samsung. All I did was open the Samsung Pay App and I had an install button. It was a 26mb download pushed to my phone. Unfortunately, I thought I had the credit card required and did not so I wasn't able to get past the setup of entering the card. I am also on AT&T. Did you disable anything on your device like the AT&T update app? I had to enable that to get this to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-29-2015 11:19 AM
    I got my invite yesterday from Samsung. All I did was open the Samsung Pay App and I had an install button. It was a 26mb download pushed to my phone. Unfortunately, I thought I had the credit card required and did not so I wasn't able to get past the setup of entering the card. I am also on AT&T. Did you disable anything on your device like the AT&T update app? I had to enable that to get this to work.

I don't have an "At&t update" app...?
    08-29-2015 11:29 AM
    If you don't know you have it, it's enabled by default. This is the screen is am stuck at.

08-29-2015 11:33 AM
    I'm in the same boat man.. Even tried calling Samsung, they couldn't find a solution and said they'd email me back with an answer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-29-2015 12:25 PM
    Actually, reading you link, fraud liability falls back to who ever in the chain is the least EFV compliant. If banks have issued the chipped cards, and the merchant is not EFV compliant, liability would fall back to the merchant.

You bring up an interesting point on Samsung Pay and it being useless at EFV compliant devices. I watched a lady at target who swiped her credit card and was told it would work because it had a chip, and had to insert the chip into the reader. I think Samsung Pay is relying heavily on magnetic card readers sticking around for a while, although those that are EFV compliant may also be NFC capable as well. Therefore, Samsung Pay becomes an tool that can be used like Apple pay, Google wallet, or smart card.

All speculative at present, but I'd love to hear from somebody that is doing the beta in the us.

The problem is. Even with the new readers, the merchant still might not accept nfc payment. There are plenty that are like that.

08-29-2015 01:56 PM
    I signed up for Samsung Pay as a Beta User. I love how the card is basically just a swipe up on the screen (even if the sceen is locked). I successfully used it at a Publix Grocery store, which has not installed NFC scanners at the store where I shop. The cashier was quite surprised it worked.

I also tried it at a vending machine, but it didn't work. My phone interacted with the scanner on the vending machine, but it quickly said "try a different card".
    08-29-2015 02:42 PM
    I signed up for Samsung Pay as a Beta User. I love how the card is basically just a swipe up on the screen (even if the sceen is locked). I successfully used it at a Publix Grocery store, which has not installed NFC scanners at the store where I shop. The cashier was quite surprised it worked.

I also tried it at a vending machine, but it didn't work. My phone interacted with the scanner on the vending machine, but it quickly said "try a different card".
    Hah. I used mine for the first time at publix for lunch yesterday. I see you live in Tampa I'm about 30 minutes north in wesley chapel. Small world

08-29-2015 03:21 PM
    Finally able to set it up today. Setup was a breeze after a quick update to the app, loaded up my BOA card and used twice with no issues. Fast and easy setup, simple and fun to use. Good job Sammy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-29-2015 06:35 PM
    Finally able to set it up today. Setup was a breeze after a quick update to the app, loaded up my BOA card and used twice with no issues. Fast and easy setup, simple and fun to use. Good job Sammy.

Some complain about no 'confirmation', on the device that the payment was successful. Was that the case for you, too?
    08-29-2015 06:49 PM
    Some complain about no 'confirmation', on the device that the payment was successful. Was that the case for you, too?
    On the two purchases once I held the phone close to the swipe part of the terminal, I received a processing message within Samsung pay and then moments later the receipt printed out. That's really the only way I know it went through, but none the less, it works

anon(153966) likes this.
    08-29-2015 07:02 PM
    Used Samsung Pay twice today at a Walmart and McDonalds. Worked very well. I think the additional payment confirmation and transaction history will show up on the phone when it is officially released and not in beta like now.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    08-29-2015 09:31 PM
    Used it at Wegman's today. It worked great. The app showed a green checkmark letting me know the payment was accepted, in addition to it showing up in a notification and transaction log.
    TheDonJ77 and jneusch like this.
    08-29-2015 09:34 PM
    Used it at Wegman's today. It worked great. The app showed a green checkmark letting me know the payment was accepted, in addition to it showing up in a notification and transaction log.
    I haven't gotten any notifications while using it and nothing shows in my transaction log, and I've used it at least 6 times successfully already. I'm hoping that's just an issue with the beta. I've yet to see a green check mark either. The only way I know it has worked is by the terminal beeping.
    08-29-2015 10:02 PM
    It worked perfectly for me. Even got a notification that the payment went through. Even got the notification on my Gear S. The merchant was impressed. The mag thing worked fast.

TheDonJ77 likes this.
    08-29-2015 10:18 PM
    Used it today at Lowes. The terminal said it was accepted but the cashier was not able to complete the transaction. Tried twice. Couldn't complete the transaction. Had to revert back to the card. Will try again tomorrow.

08-29-2015 10:25 PM
    I've used it at multiple stores that do not have NFC with perfect results so far.

I got a confirmation with the $ amount in the app and notification area after each transaction.

This was using my Sprint Note 5 with a US Bank card.

So far very impressed.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    08-30-2015 10:32 PM
    Glad to hear people are having positive results using Samsung Pay.
    08-30-2015 10:37 PM
    I've used it at multiple stores that do not have NFC with perfect results so far.

I got a confirmation with the $ amount in the app and notification area after each transaction.

This was using my Sprint Note 5 with a US Bank card.

So far very impressed.
    How did you get it up and running? Also on Sprint and it says I was accepted but the Samsung Pay app doesn't show squat.

08-31-2015 10:09 PM
    The link in the email should have an update for Samsung pay. Once it's installed just start the app again. It will walk you through everything.
    08-31-2015 11:01 PM
    Once I was accepted I just opened the samsung pay app and it prompted me to download a 26mb update.

Be sure your phone is signed in to your samsung account I think it uses that to verify you are eligible.
    09-01-2015 01:27 AM
    Does anyone know if using a thick case would affect Samsung Pay?
    09-01-2015 09:48 AM
    Does anyone know if using a thick case would affect Samsung Pay?
    If the case is any form of metal, maybe. I can't see there being a problem if it's plastic/rubber.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE
    09-01-2015 11:12 AM
    Is anyone on Tmobile? If so, did you get the download link? I got the acceptance email two days ago but I still can't download it.

09-02-2015 09:07 PM
    Is anyone on Tmobile? If so, did you get the download link? I got the acceptance email two days ago but I still can't download it.

same boat, nothing
    09-02-2015 10:07 PM
86 1234