Double tap Home Button may bypass secutiy lock

zionsg88

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Notes 5 and one of the features is quick launch camera by double clicking the Home button when the phone is locked.

But once you are in camera mode and then you click again the home button, most of the time you will go into the main page without unlocking the phone

Anybody has ever try this before? I am so disturbed as anybody can by pass the security lock and I am unable to disable the button.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. Do you have smart lock enabled? On my S4 (Lollipop) if I use the on-screen camera shortcut when the phone is pin locked and press the home key I go back to the lock screen, but if my location-based smart lock is set up and I'm at home, most of the time it auto-unlocks and I go right to the home screen.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Notes 5 and one of the features is quick launch camera by double clicking the Home button when the phone is locked.

But once you are in camera mode and then you click again the home button, most of the time you will go into the main page without unlocking the phone

Anybody has ever try this before? I am so disturbed as anybody can by pass the security lock and I am unable to disable the button.

i have the fingerprint lock set and no....i cant bypass the lock screen through the camera. if i press the home button again like you are saying it takes me to the lock screen. if i take a pic and use the preview the pic screen and hit the home button it still takes me to the lockscreen. in fact if i do the double tap to launch the camera and then hit mode---then download---it gives me a prompt to unlock my phone first.

zionsg88

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I think probably because I am using the same finger that registered in fingerprint lock feature when tapping 2 times at home button and the same finger also when pressing another home button. Tried other fingers looks ok, it didnt bypass the security lock

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Check you secure lock time setting. Is it set to a specific amount of seconds or min, if so you need to set it to lock the screen instantly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bypassed my lock by just clicking on camera button then open picture and hit back button. Made sure to use a finger i dont have set.. i tried to do it again and it didnt recreat. So maybe random occasional glitch?

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine goes to lock screen.

I disabled the double tap, i do use the triple tap to shrink the screen.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

Matthew0085

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought if ur using the finger u have programmed to unlock it that's prob what is going on when u hit the home button

BadCommand

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

I realize this is an old thread, but I can bypass the fingerprint security 100% of the time via the 2 press camera app when I use nova launcher. TouchWiz remains locked however. Just an FYI in case somebody runs into the same issue- it appears to be related to the launcher.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but I can bypass the fingerprint security 100% of the time via the 2 press camera app when I use nova launcher. TouchWiz remains locked however. Just an FYI in case somebody runs into the same issue- it appears to be related to the launcher.

I can confirm the same thing on Nova Launcher Pro but only when pressing the home key again while in camera with the finger that uses my fingerprint. If I use any finger that is not recognized it doesn't unlock. I suspect what is happening is the second press on the home button is detecting my recognized fingerprint and unlocking.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Its happened to me too just now and i got scared. But iv figured it out. Let someone else try to do that and im sure it wont work. What happens is when u tap on the home screen button either to launch the camera frst time it quickly reads ur finger prints. And unlocks the fone.

So nothing to worry about.

rogue27

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes!!. I just discovered this problem. I read about the finger print issue. So I went back and tried it again without using my identified finger. And AGAIN, I was able unlock my phone after using my camera and sharing a picture I took. I tried three times, all three times my Note 5 became unlocked. Very disturbed by this. Is there a fix? For now, quick access is disabled.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes!!. I just discovered this problem. I read about the finger print issue. So I went back and tried it again without using my identified finger. And AGAIN, I was able unlock my phone after using my camera and sharing a picture I took. I tried three times, all three times my Note 5 became unlocked. Very disturbed by this. Is there a fix? For now, quick access is disabled.
Didn't you have to unlock your phone (via fingerprint or other method) in order to share the picture?

rogue27

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Didn't you have to unlock your phone (via fingerprint or other method) in order to share the picture?

No I didn't have to unlock it. I accessed the quick camera feature. Sent the picture I took, via Text. And hit the back button or home button. All of sudden, my phone was unlocked. Crazy!

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
No I didn't have to unlock it. I accessed the quick camera feature. Sent the picture I took, via Text. And hit the back button or home button. All of sudden, my phone was unlocked.
It shouldn't be possible to text anything unless your phone is already unlocked.

rogue27

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I totally agree. I've tested this issue a dozen times now. Hoping it was just a software or program glitch. I was successful every time. Not good. I am going to try this on my wife's Note 5 later. Hoping it's just my phone and not hers or anyone else's.

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree. I've tested this issue a dozen times now. Hoping it was just a software or program glitch. I was successful every time. Not good. I am going to try this on my wife's Note 5 later. Hoping it's just my phone and not hers or anyone else's.

Have you gone into the settings to ensure there is no delay on locking the screen? Make sure this is set to locked immediately and there is no way to bypass the lockscreen from the double tap of the home button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01