Which phone did you trade in to BB for the $200 credit?

moto139

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It says, any working smartphone! Curious as well?
Update: I used a Galaxy S2, which was worth $11 in their system.
I put the $200 gift card toward the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If I go and buy a cheap prepaid smart phone, can I use it for trade

They said you can't but if your successful let me know because I can't find any cheap post paid phones lol. On another note someone said they used an L90 which is a pre-paid phone.

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My l90 was postpaid. It wasn't a contract phone at the time.
I am waiting in BestBuy as I am writing this. I will let everyone know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the phone being traded in has to have a value associated to it on the Best Buy Trade In calculator, or can it really be any postpaid, working phone?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Went to pick up my pre-order at BB. They refused to take my perfectly working Gen 1 note. Basically 8t had a chip in the glass in the bezel.

On top of that be aware it is the old wireless charger is what is being handed out.

tjdionson

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
BB had this promo for the note 4 and I bought a cheap iPhone 3gs on eBay and used it as a trade in. They accepted it with no problems.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
They said you can't but if your successful let me know because I can't find any cheap post paid phones lol. On another note someone said they used an L90 which is a pre-paid phone.
I tried with a basically brand new Moto E I keep as a backup and the model number didn't come up in their system. The fine print states "no contract" phones are excluded.

Luckily my sister had an old razr maxx that I will trade trade in about an hour. They checked it when I did the pre order and said it was acceptable.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
For those that have done the trade in, can you choose to have the $200 applied to the cost of the phone, or does $200 have to be used on products in the store?

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Can't use $200 trade in at Best Buy without activation unlike last year

So I'm pretty pissed right now. Just left Best Buy after waiting to pick up my Note 5. I was going to be making an outright purchase with a trade in just like last year for the Note 4. They told me that they changed the policy from last year and if you are buying outright you will not qualify for $200 promotion. Full price it has to be. Guess they got wise after last year. With full ATT price +tax it's 900+ so no note for me today. And I'm stuck with a $50 BB gift card I don't need.

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well just left Best Buy and if it wasn't for the $200 gift cars I would have gone to the carrier. Systems were all screwed up and I h ave to go back to trade in the phone. I did get the charger and phone which I have to say is quite stunning. Its fast and the screen is about as clean as it can get. As for the battery nothing scientific here but I messed with the phone some and took a call for 30 minutes and have used 5% battery. The device has been online for 3 hours. I think Samsung might have a winner here.

sega_102

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't use $200 trade in at Best Buy without activation unlike last year

So I'm pretty pissed right now. Just left Best Buy after waiting to pick up my Note 5. I was going to be making an outright purchase with a trade in just like last year for the Note 4. They told me that they changed the policy from last year and if you are buying outright you will not qualify for $200 promotion. Full price it has to be. Guess they got wise after last year. With full ATT price +tax it's 900+ so no note for me today. And I'm stuck with a $50 BB gift card I don't need.

Same problem with me. I'm very mad right now.

I asked twice if I could do the trade in promo before reserving the phone. Was told yes both times....

I took off work today. I spent over 2 hours at Best Buy waiting and still was unable to get the phone.

I'll never attempt to buy a phone at Best Buy again. Lesson learned.

Edit

I just sent an email to the manager. He won't be back for a couple days, but it's worth seeing what he says.

Last edited:

kodos

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My BestBuy Purchase Experience

Yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on a new Note5. I had an S6 Edge. My first Android phone. I liked it well enough, except I wanted a larger screen (I came from a Lumia 1520, so the smaller screen on the S6 was a step back in some ways), and I also wanted the stylus for when I didn't have my Surface Pro 3 and had to jot down some quick notes or sign documents. The battery life was borderline on the S6. Sometimes I could barely make it through a day - which included keeping it charged when I was driving to and from work. So, I decided to pay off the phone and to get an Note 5.

For me, I liked the previous Notes except the materials felt so cheap I couldn't stand it. The edges bit into my skin as well - something that I hated about my Lumia 1520. Anyway, to cut a long story short - I decided to get the Note5 after seeing Youtube videos and early reviews. BestBuy has the $200 credit with an old Smartphone and I had an old iPhone 3G(!) sitting in my closet.

I went there to pickup my White 64GB (AT&T) at 10am which is when they opened. The Samsung rep there was very nice and she got me a Samsung T-Shirt, and the Sales Person said that I would get $200 for the iPhone, and a $45 Activation Credit, which I could use towards the downpayment of the new phone! So that was $245 towards the new device. That was fantastic.

I also got the Wireless Charging Station for preordering. That's going to sit on my workstation desk for when I set my phone down. After that it took a very long time to get the contract updated, and the phone activated, and the data transferred between the phones. Almost an hour total. That part I could have done without.

But $245, a free t-shirt, and a free charging station was pretty good I think. Oh, and the phone? So far I'm liking it a lot! A lot snappier for some reason than my S6 Edge ever was. The Edge had lagginess from day one at times - but was inconsistent. Sometimes it would be buttery smooth, then it would lag.

Since this is the same guts more or less, I am assuming it is Android 5.1.1 that is better. I transferred all of my apps over with the Samsung SmartSync tool, so I basically have the same environment as before. Just wanted to let you all know that I usually don't have great experience with BestBuy but this time it was pretty good.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: My BestBuy Purchase Experience

Hey man sounds like my experience as well. But I traded a Lumia 925 which literally was only worth $11 dollars for the $200 credit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20