Samsung does not want my money

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm assuming thanks to the carriers nobody will sell me this phone without re-signing a contract

I've visited about six Rogers stores with stock but will not sell the device out right

I've given up and will most likely grab an iPhone 6s. It's very unfortunate as I was wanting to switch from my iPhone 6 to the note 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I also went by a Samsung experience shop inside a Best Buy and it's pretty useless as they still want to sign you up on a contract.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When phones are just released a lot of carriers won't allow full purchase of the phone. This is usually only stores since stores can reserve the right to do that. I would try ordering it off the internet and you should be able to get it at full price.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
When phones just get released a lot of carriers won't allow full purchase of the phone. This is usually only stores since stores can reserve the right to do that. I would try ordering it off the internet and you should be able to get it at full price.

It just seems wrong having them try to sell me on re signing a new 2 year contract.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm assuming thanks to the carriers nobody will sell me this phone without re-signing a contract

I've visited about six Rogers stores with stock but will not sell the device out right

I've given up and will most likely grab an iPhone 6s. It's very unfortunate as I was wanting to switch from my iPhone 6 to the note 5

I was told that you can outright purchase the phone but it has to be at full price. The stipulation for the contract only applies if you want the $200 trade in. So basically you are paying $200 more than you thought you would when you woke up this morning which was not acceptable to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was told that you can outright purchase the phone but it has to be at full price. The stipulation for the contract only applies if you want the $200 trade in. So basically you are paying $200 more than you thought you would when you woke up this morning which was not acceptable to me.

It's all a garbage scam.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sounds to me like an issue with your carrier. Samsung most definitely wants to sell you the phone. But it is probably a restriction that your carrier placed on Samsung.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like an issue with your carrier. Samsung most definitely wants to sell you the phone. But it is probably a restriction that your carrier placed on Samsung.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Ya it's definitely the carrier. Samsung needs to sort that out with the carrier if they want to compete. They launched earlier to beat iPhone but now carrier won't sell it until a few weeks so that kinda defeats the purpose

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ya it's definitely the carrier. Samsung needs to sort that out with the carrier if they want to compete. They launched earlier to beat iPhone but now carrier won't sell it until a few weeks so that kinda defeats the purpose

While I would agree...Samsung still needs the carrier as people in the US and Canada buy mainly through the carriers. Samsung doesn't yet have the pull that Apple does.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Canadian carriers don't want my money because only 32gb is available. Seriously guys?! Come on now.

Anyone know a reason for this?

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ee050283a2cad473b5a055fdef16b28d.jpg

Clearly the company is not on the same page

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Clearly the company is not on the same page

It depends on the store. It is hard for a company to control every store. I know that isn't the best answer but it is true. Just like some stores are horrendous customer service due to the reps there not caring versus another store.

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the store. It is hard for a company to control every store. I know that isn't the best answer but it is true. Just like some stores are horrendous customer service due to the reps there not caring versus another store.

You're absolutely correct. Oh well. It is what it is. Leaving for Costa Rica on Monday and we will see if I still want the device when I get back or maybe consider iPhone 6Splus

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ok so here is my update.
I walked into a telus store and they had no problem selling me a note 5 outright even though I am not even a customer of theirs. I figured I would just unlock the device, well strangely enough I put in my rogers sim card and the device is working without me unlock it. Is it possible Telus so me an unlocked device? I am not complaining but I find it very strange.

android_kid

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
i agree with miketko, carrier should not be controlling samsung devices which makes samsung looses its customers. even if we buy with contract, updates or fixes should not be controlled by Samsung like apple controls its devices.