Note 5 loose home button?

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Does the note 5 have the loose home button that makes clicking noises when lightly tapped on? (Not pressed all the way). I'm planning to get one today but worried since it's got the same design as the s6 and have the same home button issue as well

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My home button is loose. The guy at best buy told me there supposed to be. But I'm calling bs on that one. I got an att model. My galaxy s6 button is loose too with absolutely no issues ever.

Posted via the Android Central App

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My home button is loose. The guy at best buy told me there supposed to be. But I'm calling bs on that one. I got an att model. My galaxy s6 button is loose too with absolutely no issues ever.

Does your S6 make clicking noises when you tab on it without fully pressing on it? and does your note 5 make the exact same noise?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nope, mine is incredibly solid. Absolutely no issues with hardware, and I'm a stickler for finding moving and rattling parts.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems fine on mine and I only bought it today. I just wished the finger print scanner would 'unlock', and take me to the home screen. I must be doing something wrong.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Does the note 5 have the loose home button that makes clicking noises when lightly tapped on? (Not pressed all the way). I'm planning to get one today but worried since it's got the same design as the s6 and have the same home button issue as well

Mine has this issue I've noticed. I'm on my second Note5 as I returned the first one for a screen defect. I'm not planning on returning this one. Hopefully, it won't become a problem in the future. If the button was to come loose and fall off do you think one could get a replacement device using a warranty claim?

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I dont think it will come off loose. I took apart my S6 and through bunch of testing i found out that the two tabs that hold the button in place taps against the front panel. If you tap the left side of the home button the right tab will lift up and hit against the front panel and vise versa.
Google 'Galaxy S6 home button replacement' and have a look at the home button part and you will see that there are two tabs that stick out on the sides. I'm guessing the note 5 has the exact same design on it.
After putting a very thin padding on it with a double sided tape the clicking noise was gone.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I dont think it will come off loose. I took apart my S6 and through bunch of testing i found out that the two tabs that hold the button in place taps against the front panel. If you tap the left side of the home button the right tab will lift up and hit against the front panel and vise versa.
Google 'Galaxy S6 home button replacement' and have a look at the home button part and you will see that there are two tabs that stick out on the sides. I'm guessing the note 5 has the exact same design on it.
After putting a very thin padding on it with a double sided tape the clicking noise was gone.

Ok, good to know. I'm not worried about it now. It's such a great device with a brilliant display.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze