01-03-2016 07:59 AM
56 123
tools
    That is a very inaccurate post. On some phones the pages will reload even if you re-open them from the recent apps menu. The problem is sporadic and not isolated to any one of the new devices. For example: my S6 edge had the problem, so did my regular s6.... However my active variant did not. So far my note 5 doesn't have the issue either but I've seen others that do... My wife's s6 edge plus does have the problem... I've been dealing with the RAM management issue on these new galaxy s models since their release... It's beyond frustrating... But.... Back to my point... The problem does exist in the recent apps menu as well...

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-10-2015 04:33 AM
    Who the hell cares, in my day to day use from launch day till now, it's been perfectly fine and haven't seen any reloading issues affect my workflow. Feels like any other Android phone in this regard.

Only thing surprising with the Note 5 is how smoothly it is still running even after 2 weeks, S6 was smooth to start with and quickly saw stuttering, lag and had to sell it after being fed up with it. But the Note 5 is not having any such problems which is nice. I set high standards and can't take stutters, lag in software and so far Note 5 has not disappointed. Have to see how long this holds true.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    I have to agree. I'm not seeing any ram issues. My Note 5 is very responsive and without lag.

Posted via the Android Central App using the AT&T Note 5, 64GB
    09-10-2015 04:58 AM
    I'm wondering if some that are having issues are using cleaners and task killers, etc..
    09-10-2015 10:43 AM
    I have no issue with the RAM management!
    The Note 5 is incredibly fast to open the apps!
    For me it's ok like this!
    09-14-2015 09:59 PM
    So, I came across this video of a speed test between a Note 5, OnePlus Two and LG G4.

Without spoiling it too much, the Note 5 did what the S6 did and reloaded some apps right from the beginning whilst other phones kept the same apps in memory.

Can anyone with the Note 5 attempt to replicate this and see if the issue persists after a while? Because this isn't pretty. A real-world test would also be appreciated.

I'll be doing the same when I get to test out the Note 5.
    It's not a problem. Samsung forces shutdown when there are 7apps running or 2.5gb ram being used to save battery and better performance with whatever you're doing at the moment.
    People complain but who the F is going to leave 7+ apps open at a time using 3gb ram... Good luck with battery buddy.
    01-02-2016 05:23 PM
    The ram management in note 5 sucks compared to HTC m8. My experience

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-03-2016 07:59 AM
56 123