12-17-2016 05:34 PM
86 1234
tools
    Yup phone looks the same way as the day the Zagg glass protector was placed on, still has Halo and at the sides I see some rainbow colors. I'm bringing this back tomorrow to be re-done. I'm hoping its just the best buy employee was bad at it and not the brand. Zagg was usually one of my favorite due to their lifetime warranty.
    08-22-2015 02:02 PM
    The problem is best buys custom Zagg version, I have been through this before. Save yourself some time and return it, then go to an att and get the same glass, it will be perfect.

It's something about the blue UV thing best buys version has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 03:01 PM
    So if I return it to Best Buy. Does AT&T put it on for you?
    08-22-2015 05:00 PM
    i returned my best buy version - got the clear non blue tint one from Verizon - still have halo though.
    08-22-2015 05:04 PM
    I took my BB "blue" Zagg glass back as the blue tint was driving my eyes nuts...especially out in the sunlight.

Purchased the Zagg glass minus the super duper UV protective BB blue and what a difference...perfect

Zero halo......but I had no halo on my BB one either.
    zmann likes this.
    08-22-2015 05:48 PM
    Let's see some pictures of the halo free Zagg on the Note 5.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    08-22-2015 06:01 PM
    I was able to readjust my non uv zagg glass - zero halo minus one tiny part in the top left corner. - Commuter case was messing up the glass though
    08-22-2015 06:15 PM
    The Halo effect is because of the 2D Glass. If you go beyond the display area you'll notice it lifts. Zagg Glass and others should fit well because the main companies have cut the glass to fit in the flat area and stop before the curve. However, given that the glass does curve, even being slightly off on any side can cause a Halo effect. This is why there are mixed results and its not due to a manufacturing defect on the Zagg Glass.

*I had to deal with this same issue on the Droid Turbo. The only Tempered Glass that fit properly, when applied dead center, was the Verizon Tempered Glass. Every other brand had issues. Again, its all about the alignment for these new phones and its annoying. I want my flat glass back or give me a Sapphire display.
    Katrina White1 and geekaren like this.
    08-22-2015 08:11 PM
    If you are slightly off, shouldn't the halo only appear on one side? I tried 4 different glass covers from Amazon and every single one had halo around all sides of the phone.

I had this issue with my Note 4 but found the Icarez worked perfectly (then I found their 0.15mm version and it was even better!)
    08-22-2015 08:27 PM

Note 5 is DOPE
    Katrina White1 and msndrstood like this.
    08-22-2015 08:30 PM
    If you are slightly off, shouldn't the halo only appear on one side? I tried 4 different glass covers from Amazon and every single one had halo around all sides of the phone.

I had this issue with my Note 4 but found the Icarez worked perfectly (then I found their 0.15mm version and it was even better!)
    Not necessarily because glass isn't flexible. It could go either way from my experience. I believe it depends how off it really is and where its off. For example, is it tilted slightly on the upper right which could cause the Halo to extend?

Also, remember not every brand cuts their glass to the same dimensions. For example, on the Turbo, the XtremeGuard was a horrible fit and MIME was decent but still a bit too big. Verizon Tempered Glass was cut the shortest and fit with no Halo if fitted properly.
    08-22-2015 08:31 PM
    I'll have to go to ATT and see if their version is different from the one I bought at Best Buy. If its based on cuts I think the one at best buy is probably too large that the halo effect occurs on all sides. I just wouldn't want to waste their time at Best Buy if its something that cannot be fixed with their version of the Zagg product.
    08-22-2015 10:50 PM
    I'll have to go to ATT and see if their version is different from the one I bought at Best Buy. If its based on cuts I think the one at best buy is probably too large that the halo effect occurs on all sides. I just wouldn't want to waste their time at Best Buy if its something that cannot be fixed with their version of the Zagg product.
    Zagg would most likely not cut the protector differently. The Blue Filter should be the only difference because Zagg knew to cut the Glass short after the Note 4 issues.
    08-22-2015 11:44 PM
    Does the BB Zagg use blue screen tech? This was an issue with the Zagg best buy sold for the s6, it would halo.

Best buy actually has their own version of the Zagg glass.

The ATT Zagg is flawless though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Best tip given. I returned Besy Buy's UV version for the Zagg Glass Protector and got the ATT non UV Zagg version. It fits perfectly. I have no Halo issues. Greatly appreciated!

Zagg would most likely not cut the protector differently. The Blue Filter should be the only difference because Zagg knew to cut the Glass short after the Note 4 issues.
    I'm unsure why but the two cuts are definitely different. It seems like the Best Buy version was slightly longer as I had Halos on all four sides. Now with the ATT version I have no halos and it fits perfectly on the glass. Also no more of that rainbow color thing on the sides.
    08-23-2015 11:14 AM
    On a white or black Note 5?
    Black

Note 5 is DOPE
    08-23-2015 11:26 AM
    I can confirm no halo on my note5 with the zagg glass screen protector. Purchased at the verizon store.
    08-23-2015 11:43 AM
    Best tip given. I returned Besy Buy's UV version for the Zagg Glass Protector and got the ATT non UV Zagg version. It fits perfectly. I have no Halo issues. Greatly appreciated!

I'm unsure why but the two cuts are definitely different. It seems like the Best Buy version was slightly longer as I had Halos on all four sides. Now with the ATT version I have no halos and it fits perfectly on the glass. Also no more of that rainbow color thing on the sides.
    That's strange and unexplainable. Good to know though!
    08-23-2015 02:52 PM
    I'm using Zagg and its perfect. I had a bubble but it disappeared after 24 hours. I'm so mad at myself cause it was $40 freaking dollars. I usually buy Verizon ones or from Amazon but couldn't wait.

Posted via the Android Central App
    zmann likes this.
    08-23-2015 04:30 PM
    does zagg have a case-friendly version of this case ? I'd like to purchase one but i also want to wer a case for my note 5 so it doesnt damage
    08-23-2015 10:32 PM
    does zagg have a case-friendly version of this case ? I'd like to purchase one but i also want to wer a case for my note 5 so it doesnt damage
    The Zagg Glass doesn't go all the way to the edges due to the curved glass. Even on the S5, which went further since it was flat, left plenty of room for most cases. You'll be fine on most cases but not all.
    08-23-2015 10:41 PM
    Where can I get the Zagg? Can't find it on Amazon
    08-23-2015 11:16 PM
    I was able to readjust my non uv zagg glass - zero halo minus one tiny part in the top left corner. - Commuter case was messing up the glass though
    I went today and exchanged a tech21 case for an otterbox commuter, yeah the case messes up the edges of the zagg screen.

I had verizon put the zagg on friday when i got the phone, is it something you can take off and reapply yourself?

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!
    08-23-2015 11:38 PM
    I'm actually a Best Buy Mobile employee, I just purchased my Note 5 a couple days ago and installed (and yes I install many of these a day) the Zagg HD tempered glass on my phone. No halo effect EXCEPT on the very bottom right corner that I couldn't get to stick down. Other than that, the screen protector looks flawless.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    08-24-2015 09:37 AM
    I'm actually a Best Buy Mobile employee, I just purchased my Note 5 a couple days ago and installed (and yes I install many of these a day) the Zagg HD tempered glass on my phone. No halo effect EXCEPT on the very bottom right corner that I couldn't get to stick down. Other than that, the screen protector looks flawless.
    Did it have the UV on your Zagg?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-24-2015 01:56 PM
    I have the PureTek Roll-on Glass Screen Protector and there is no halo.
    texn884 likes this.
    08-24-2015 06:21 PM
86 1234