Note 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
My halo has actually gone away some. It's now only in the lower left corner, while before it was every corner plus around the home button. They had given me a 50% refund so I'm happy enough until I scratch it up

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For me, I have learned through the months no need to put any screen protectors on as long as I don't drop the phone. The type of gorilla glass is quite antiscratch resistant as long as I don't put my keys in the same pocket. I have used many types of tempered glass screen protector, they eventually fall off or have microscopic scratches.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, I have learned through the months no need to put any screen protectors on as long as I don't drop the phone. The type of gorilla glass is quite antiscratch resistant as long as I don't put my keys in the same pocket. I have used many types of tempered glass screen protector, they eventually fall off or have microscopic scratches.

Sure... So long as you don't ever drop the phone or use something hard to scratch the screen then you will be fine. Similarly, you wouldn't need a case either.

For those of us who want to help protect against accidents, a tempered glass screen protector expecially at a buck is a good and low cost investment

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sure... So long as you don't ever drop the phone or use something hard to scratch the screen then you will be fine. Similarly, you wouldn't need a case either.

For those of us who want to help protect against accidents, a tempered glass screen protector expecially at a buck is a good and low cost investment

I disagree. I went without a screen protector on my Turbo and it got a few microscratches. Granted, they weren't noticable unless in direct lighting but it still happened. I always kept my phone in am empty pocket while my keys and wallet were in the other one.

I guess it's not a necessity but I for one despise microscratches. Granted, I think my Tempered Glass has the same kind and I don't notice them during daily use. I don't mind though since I have the option to pull it off and apply a new one if necessary.

On a side note, I've never had one fall off. What brands had this issue?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. I went without a screen protector on my Turbo and it got a few microscratches. Granted, they weren't noticable unless in direct lighting but it still happened. I always kept my phone in am empty pocket while my keys and wallet were in the other one.

I guess it's not a necessity but I for one despise microscratches. Granted, I think my Tempered Glass has the same kind and I don't notice them during daily use. I don't mind though since I have the option to pull it off and apply a new one if necessary.

On a side note, I've never had one fall off. What brands had this issue?
Depends on how careful you are. I dropped my note 2 a few days after I got it and it had a scratch that caused a rainbow glare out of it. After that I always used a screen protector.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Depends on how careful you are. I dropped my note 2 a few days after I got it and it had a scratch that caused a rainbow glare out of it. After that I always used a screen protector.

No doubt. I always use a screen protector too and I'm very careful. Never drop my phone or let keys touch it.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought from Amazon Jetech Tempered Glasscrean for $7.99

b9342d423aed1f2bb49c2d3f1b5b59d1.jpg

Unfortunately the edges don't look good

b9e672f641d3f147d3fc8669c6d1cc41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For me, screen protectors are for antiscratches, not for handling drops; cases are for drops and antiscratches. There are flip/flap cases that are good without the need of a screen protector. I always have had cases to prepare for drops, not screen protectors. The appreciation and enjoyment without any screen protectors on the display are unparallel.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, screen protectors are for antiscratches, not for handling drops; cases are for drops and antiscratches. There are flip/flap cases that are good without the need of a screen protector. I always have had cases to prepare for drops, not screen protectors. The appreciation and enjoyment without any screen protectors on the display are unparallel.
Of course, to each his own. But a quality tempered glass screen protector still gives me about 95% enjoyment which is good enough for me.

A plastic screen protector would work to avoid scratches but doesn't feel nearly as nice

hit4bag

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

hit4bag

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
From my own experience, a glass screen protector can provide protection.

I was in Yosemite during Spring Break with the family. We were swimming in the pool at the Tenaya Lodge and I wrapped my iPhone 6 (I know; bear with me) in a towel. Not knowing, my brother - in - law grabbed the towel and snapped it as my phone was airborne. The phone landed hard after doing multiple flips. I picked up the phone and the screen looked shattered. I peeled off the screen protector and the display was in perfect condition.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Actually YES it does have the same curved screen as the note 4
And 90 % of glass protectors have a problem on this phone including the zagg glass

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz