12-17-2016 05:34 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    For me, screen protectors are for antiscratches, not for handling drops; cases are for drops and antiscratches. There are flip/flap cases that are good without the need of a screen protector. I always have had cases to prepare for drops, not screen protectors. The appreciation and enjoyment without any screen protectors on the display are unparallel.
    09-15-2015 10:55 PM
    From my own experience, a glass screen protector can provide protection.

I was in Yosemite during Spring Break with the family. We were swimming in the pool at the Tenaya Lodge and I wrapped my iPhone 6 (I know; bear with me) in a towel. Not knowing, my brother - in - law grabbed the towel and snapped it as my phone was airborne. The phone landed hard after doing multiple flips. I picked up the phone and the screen looked shattered. I peeled off the screen protector and the display was in perfect condition.
    09-15-2015 11:16 PM
    Wow did you kill your brother in law?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-16-2015 04:27 AM
    Wow did you kill your brother in law?
    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Ha! Well, he didn't know. My fault for leaving it there.

BTW, it's good to be back on Android! Also, like someone said, the Note 5 is dope!
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:22 AM
    Actually YES it does have the same curved screen as the note 4
    And 90 % of glass protectors have a problem on this phone including the zagg glass

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area and Geezer Squid like this.
    09-20-2015 05:23 PM
    I went through about $200. worth of tempered glass for the Note 4 and everyone had a bad halo on the black Note 4. The white Note 4 was a different story. I just installed the Zagg Glass on my black Note 5 and it went on perfect, No Halo, No bubbles.

The Zagg glass for the Note 5 is almost full screen coverage and some cases will cause it to start lifting up, be careful. I had to sand down the top of my silicone rubber on the Otterbox Commuter so it would not touch the glass.

Here are a couple pictures showing the Zagg Glass with the Note 5 inside of the Commuter case.
    Notice how close the glass is to the silicone of the case.

Note 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?-5comm01.jpgNote 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?-5comm02.jpgNote 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?-5comm03.jpgNote 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?-5comm04.jpg
    09-20-2015 05:37 PM
    My first tempered glass is Ume, It's easily scratched and it's not so sensitive, a bit halo near the edge.
    Now I change to Bullkin, it has no halo at all, It has smoother surface, better sensitivity.
    I'm glad that I change it now not later!

09-24-2015 05:01 AM
    I can confirm no halo on my note5 with the zagg glass screen protector. Purchased at the verizon store.
    That's interesting cus I have halo on my note 5 and my zagg was purchased at Verizon store.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5
    09-25-2015 09:34 PM
    I'm going to use the spigen pet film that is plastic, 3h. Super thin, have it on my Note 4 for the past year. Don't even notice it's there, no halo, works with cases, and I just experimented writing on my Note 12.2 which has no screen protector and my Note 4 and can't tell the difference between it and the glass. Who knows, maybe later I'll try a zagg, but I don't want to waste the money and time right now to get see if I get lucky. I could see sitting in a store while a sales person tries haloed glass after haloed glass for an hour only to get me frustrated! I wish they would just do a flat screen like the note 3!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 09:56 PM
    Does the Note 5 suffer the same curved screen problem as the Note 4, where tempered glass screen protectors will not work?
    there is other way to prevent scrathes to the screen use nano liquid screen guard it solves everything
    09-12-2016 11:02 AM
    The problem is not with the phone or the glass. The problem lays with the person installing the glass. I work for Sprint, and sell tempered glass everyday. Currently at my store, we carry Gadget Guard glass, as well as Key Glass, and they BOTH work perfectly. We also guarantee our work, and will gladly replace any product that we misplace on a customers phone, 100% of the time. Stop saying that glass will not fit properly with the Note series phones. That is just a ridiculous statement.
    12-17-2016 05:34 PM
86 ... 234