Note 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the halo effect then yes.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No,, just had a Zagg put on,, NO halo at all. It's perfect, don't understand how anyone could just answer yes. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So far I've purchased two different tempered glass protectors and they work fine. The one Verizon sells is perfect when you get it perfectly centered. If you don't get it centered, you will have the halo (ask my wife). I also purchased two of the JETech tempered glass from Amazon just because they were cheap. They also work perfectly fine!

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Zagg and it has the halo effect. Unsure if I should get it re-done after signing up with Zagg for their warranty.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Does the BB Zagg use blue screen tech? This was an issue with the Zagg best buy sold for the s6, it would halo.

Best buy actually has their own version of the Zagg glass.

The ATT Zagg is flawless though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Does the BB Zagg use blue screen tech? This was an issue with the Zagg best buy sold for the s6, it would halo.

Best buy actually has their own version of the Zagg glass.

The ATT Zagg is flawless though.

Unsure it looks like normal. Here is a picture: EH0l1oc.jpg

Not really sure if I should get it re-done or if its pointless lol.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to look at the box of the AT&T version but I am near certain that is the best buy specific one with blue screen thing, notice in the top corner the sticker about UV protection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I went back to BB and they were like that's a common issue for note line phones but I should wait 48 hours. They said if its still happening after 48 hours I can bring it back and they will apply another one without any issues.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I went back to BB and they were like that's a common issue for note line phones but I should wait 48 hours. They said if its still happening after 48 hours I can bring it back and they will apply another one without any issues.

Wait 48? Lol they are just trying to get away from not replacing it. No halo is disappearing only some bubbles will vanish. With tempered glass if it's not on perfectly the first time it will never be.