Note 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy went through 5 on my phone before another person tried it and nailed it first time...and I wasn't even condeming the first ones...they were.

No halos BUT....there is definitely a weird faint bluish tinge to this thing. Even with the phone off if you look at it from the edge of the screen protector you can see it.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Wait 48? Lol they are just trying to get away from not replacing it. No halo is disappearing only some bubbles will vanish. With tempered glass if it's not on perfectly the first time it will never be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yah dude. I figured they just wanted to get rid of me. They already got me to buy enough accessories anyway. But I'm heading back on Sunday to get it re-done just to honor their 48 hr rule and no more BS responses xD.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Yup phone looks the same way as the day the Zagg glass protector was placed on, still has Halo and at the sides I see some rainbow colors. I'm bringing this back tomorrow to be re-done. I'm hoping its just the best buy employee was bad at it and not the brand. Zagg was usually one of my favorite due to their lifetime warranty.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The problem is best buys custom Zagg version, I have been through this before. Save yourself some time and return it, then go to an att and get the same glass, it will be perfect.

It's something about the blue UV thing best buys version has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I took my BB "blue" Zagg glass back as the blue tint was driving my eyes nuts...especially out in the sunlight.

Purchased the Zagg glass minus the super duper UV protective BB blue and what a difference...perfect :)

Zero halo......but I had no halo on my BB one either.

pst23

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I was able to readjust my non uv zagg glass - zero halo minus one tiny part in the top left corner. - Commuter case was messing up the glass though

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Halo effect is because of the 2D Glass. If you go beyond the display area you'll notice it lifts. Zagg Glass and others should fit well because the main companies have cut the glass to fit in the flat area and stop before the curve. However, given that the glass does curve, even being slightly off on any side can cause a Halo effect. This is why there are mixed results and its not due to a manufacturing defect on the Zagg Glass.

*I had to deal with this same issue on the Droid Turbo. The only Tempered Glass that fit properly, when applied dead center, was the Verizon Tempered Glass. Every other brand had issues. Again, its all about the alignment for these new phones and its annoying. I want my flat glass back or give me a Sapphire display.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
If you are slightly off, shouldn't the halo only appear on one side? I tried 4 different glass covers from Amazon and every single one had halo around all sides of the phone.

I had this issue with my Note 4 but found the Icarez worked perfectly (then I found their 0.15mm version and it was even better!)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
304bc2565c9c33ff92e78af1220c263e.jpg
7ed1833bb8802cbba6580ba0af51803b.jpg

Note 5 is DOPE

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are slightly off, shouldn't the halo only appear on one side? I tried 4 different glass covers from Amazon and every single one had halo around all sides of the phone.

I had this issue with my Note 4 but found the Icarez worked perfectly (then I found their 0.15mm version and it was even better!)

Not necessarily because glass isn't flexible. It could go either way from my experience. I believe it depends how off it really is and where its off. For example, is it tilted slightly on the upper right which could cause the Halo to extend?

Also, remember not every brand cuts their glass to the same dimensions. For example, on the Turbo, the XtremeGuard was a horrible fit and MIME was decent but still a bit too big. Verizon Tempered Glass was cut the shortest and fit with no Halo if fitted properly.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'll have to go to ATT and see if their version is different from the one I bought at Best Buy. If its based on cuts I think the one at best buy is probably too large that the halo effect occurs on all sides. I just wouldn't want to waste their time at Best Buy if its something that cannot be fixed with their version of the Zagg product.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to go to ATT and see if their version is different from the one I bought at Best Buy. If its based on cuts I think the one at best buy is probably too large that the halo effect occurs on all sides. I just wouldn't want to waste their time at Best Buy if its something that cannot be fixed with their version of the Zagg product.

Zagg would most likely not cut the protector differently. The Blue Filter should be the only difference because Zagg knew to cut the Glass short after the Note 4 issues.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Does the BB Zagg use blue screen tech? This was an issue with the Zagg best buy sold for the s6, it would halo.

Best buy actually has their own version of the Zagg glass.

The ATT Zagg is flawless though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best tip given. I returned Besy Buy's UV version for the Zagg Glass Protector and got the ATT non UV Zagg version. It fits perfectly. I have no Halo issues. Greatly appreciated!

Zagg would most likely not cut the protector differently. The Blue Filter should be the only difference because Zagg knew to cut the Glass short after the Note 4 issues.

I'm unsure why but the two cuts are definitely different. It seems like the Best Buy version was slightly longer as I had Halos on all four sides. Now with the ATT version I have no halos and it fits perfectly on the glass. Also no more of that rainbow color thing on the sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy