Note 5 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, Same problem as Note 4?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Best tip given. I returned Besy Buy's UV version for the Zagg Glass Protector and got the ATT non UV Zagg version. It fits perfectly. I have no Halo issues. Greatly appreciated!

I'm unsure why but the two cuts are definitely different. It seems like the Best Buy version was slightly longer as I had Halos on all four sides. Now with the ATT version I have no halos and it fits perfectly on the glass. Also no more of that rainbow color thing on the sides.

That's strange and unexplainable. Good to know though!

sx4dude2013

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Zagg and its perfect. I had a bubble but it disappeared after 24 hours. I'm so mad at myself cause it was $40 freaking dollars. I usually buy Verizon ones or from Amazon but couldn't wait.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmorron69

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
does zagg have a case-friendly version of this case ? I'd like to purchase one but i also want to wer a case for my note 5 so it doesnt damage

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
does zagg have a case-friendly version of this case ? I'd like to purchase one but i also want to wer a case for my note 5 so it doesnt damage

The Zagg Glass doesn't go all the way to the edges due to the curved glass. Even on the S5, which went further since it was flat, left plenty of room for most cases. You'll be fine on most cases but not all.

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was able to readjust my non uv zagg glass - zero halo minus one tiny part in the top left corner. - Commuter case was messing up the glass though

I went today and exchanged a tech21 case for an otterbox commuter, yeah the case messes up the edges of the zagg screen.

I had verizon put the zagg on friday when i got the phone, is it something you can take off and reapply yourself?

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually a Best Buy Mobile employee, I just purchased my Note 5 a couple days ago and installed (and yes I install many of these a day) the Zagg HD tempered glass on my phone. No halo effect EXCEPT on the very bottom right corner that I couldn't get to stick down. Other than that, the screen protector looks flawless.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm actually a Best Buy Mobile employee, I just purchased my Note 5 a couple days ago and installed (and yes I install many of these a day) the Zagg HD tempered glass on my phone. No halo effect EXCEPT on the very bottom right corner that I couldn't get to stick down. Other than that, the screen protector looks flawless.
Did it have the UV on your Zagg?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Blknight96

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Unsure it looks like normal. Here is a picture: View attachment 192323

Not really sure if I should get it re-done or if its pointless lol.

That's what Best Buy is pusing aND i wasnt too impessed with it because it took the guy 2 times to put it on and both times having bubbles in it, with the claim it needs about 24 hours before the air bubbles workout.

So I seen a coworker's Note 5 done at T-Mobile which looked way better and covered the whole screen completely compared to this brand.

Besides selling that brand, they also sell "Pure Gear", Pure Tek, roll on kit that is a flexible glass screen protector.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That's what Best Buy is pusing aND i wasnt too impessed with it because it took the guy 2 times to put it on and both times having bubbles in it, with the claim it needs about 24 hours before the air bubbles workout.

So I seen a coworker's Note 5 done at T-Mobile which looked way better and covered the whole screen completely compared to this brand.

Besides selling that brand, they also sell "Pure Gear", Pure Tek, roll on kit that is a flexible glass screen protector.

I always hear this "24 hour" stuff and I say its non sense. I have applied 15+ Glass protectors on for myself and friends and I have never had a single bubble that couldn't be pressed out within seconds.

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I purchased : Ballistic Glass Screen Protector Order from Tech Armor, had anyone had any halo or issues?

PalmCoastg35 "Note 5 Newbie "

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the one show below from Amazon, for $7.95

Comes with cleaning cloth, alcohol wipe and tape to remove dust.

NO halo effect, and seems to be working perfectly! No bluish tint, either.

Check out this video review of this product... it's pretty impressive!

Klear Cut.JPG

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4644105

It does have a halo effect and it was delayed 2 days longer than its stated when I purchased it on Prime Shipping.

955a76e28904d30c1795ac7600a14f60.jpg
153ceea7c6d105e518ff201e2d567b03.jpg

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am using the one Verizon sells. I told the Verizon rep I was really particular about it and he got it perfectly centered and removed lint as well. This halo effect you talk about isn't happening on my phone EXCEPT slightly at the top but I never even notice it unless I read sites like this and makes me look.