Smart Select Text Recognition

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
When using smart select on the Note 4, there was an option to extract text out of whatever you cropped. I don't see that option on the Note 5. I have the AT&T version. Am I missing something or did they take that option out?

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Also, with the Best Buy display model, I was able to double tap a notification on the lock screen to open it. I have to do the tap then swipe to unlock, which is annoying. Is this an AT&T only thing?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Also, with the Best Buy display model, I was able to double tap a notification on the lock screen to open it. I have to do the tap then swipe to unlock, which is annoying. Is this an AT&T only thing?

I think this came with the lollipop upgrade. Did you upgrade your Note 4? If you have a password or fingerprint you have to do that first before reading notifications.

Maybe there's a way aground it, I can't remember. I took them off my home screen, then got a Great 2 Neo watch for notifications mostly (plus the fun).

Posted via the Android Central App

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I think this came with the lollipop upgrade. Did you upgrade your Note 4? If you have a password or fingerprint you have to do that first before reading notifications.

Maybe there's a way aground it, I can't remember. I took them off my home screen, then got a Great 2 Neo watch for notifications mostly (plus the fun).

My note 4 was upgraded to lolipop. My note 4 was the same way. Tap then swipe, no double tap. I don't have any security for my lockscreen

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

My note 4 was upgraded to lolipop. My note 4 was the same way. Tap then swipe, no double tap. I don't have any security for my lockscreen

Oh, you said you had to swipe to "unlock". I guess you meant open. I've always had password or something on my phone since they came out. I just prefer them, so I'm not sure if it's something new, might be. But I remember a BIG complaint on the S5 forum about having to swipe the message away to even swipe to unlock the phone when lollipop came. I just took them off my homescreen, there was too much showing on there that anyone could read. Not that I have anything to hide, but I still prefer that. Some things are personal to me.