The Note 4 used to display a message that Fast Charging was enabled once plugged in. I'm not seeing that on the Note 5, and it seems to be taking quite a while to charge. Anyone know if there's something I'm missing?
    08-21-2015 04:18 PM
    Hmmmmmmm it works for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 04:24 PM
    It displays for me too

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-21-2015 04:24 PM
    On the Note 4 Fast Charging had to be enabled. Could it be the same on the Note 5? Settings>Battery
    08-21-2015 05:25 PM
    It displays here

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 06:14 PM
    It shows on mine in notification bar right when I plug in.
    08-21-2015 06:33 PM
    It shows on mine also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 06:38 PM
    I have the same issue as OP with my wall charger. However, my QC 2.0 car charger works. Weird.
    08-21-2015 06:59 PM
    I'm not seeing "fast charging" as the notification when I plug in my phone with the cord and the charger unit that came with the phone.

EDIT: When I put in my Aukey QC charger with the long microusb cable I got from Amazon, it says "fast charging."

Could it possibly be that the Samsung charger that came with the phone that says it's a fast charger is dead?

EDIT II: Tried the Samsung charger that came with the phone with the 6ft microUSB cable I got from Amazon and it says fast charging.

EDIT III: And now it doesn't.

EDIT IV: And now I tried the default Samsung charger and default cord on another outlet in another room and it said "fast charging."

What's going on here? Is it the phone or a setting or the chargers or the cord?
    08-28-2015 12:53 AM
    I just got mine today and noticed that there's no option to enable fast charging. It says fast charging when I plug it in, but no way to disable it as far as I can see

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-30-2015 08:24 PM
    I see it too.
    08-30-2015 09:39 PM
    Actually you can disable fast charging!

Go to settings
    Than click accessories
    You should see fast charging!

I have a dual sim note 5

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-31-2015 10:49 AM
    Not sure why anyone would want to disable fast charging..
    quangtran1 and mhettrich like this.
    08-31-2015 11:28 AM
    I'm not seeing "fast charging" as the notification when I plug in my phone with the cord and the charger unit that came with the phone.

EDIT: When I put in my Aukey QC charger with the long microusb cable I got from Amazon, it says "fast charging."

Could it possibly be that the Samsung charger that came with the phone that says it's a fast charger is dead?

EDIT II: Tried the Samsung charger that came with the phone with the 6ft microUSB cable I got from Amazon and it says fast charging.

EDIT III: And now it doesn't.

EDIT IV: And now I tried the default Samsung charger and default cord on another outlet in another room and it said "fast charging."

What's going on here? Is it the phone or a setting or the chargers or the cord?
    IF you tried it in another outlet in another room and it said fast charging (which is what I think you are saying in EDIT IV) then it could be an issue with your outlet.

My house was built in the 1960s, and there is one room downstairs where the outlets are a different color (much older) than the rest of the house and my phone won't quick charge there. It quick charges fine everywere else.
    08-31-2015 11:55 AM
    Actually you can disable fast charging!

Go to settings
    Than click accessories
    You should see fast charging!

I have a dual sim note 5

I don't want to disable. I was just noting that there is no option to disable it.
    I also don't see an accessories menu under settings.

08-31-2015 12:36 PM
    I don't want to disable. I was just noting that there is no option to disable it.
    I also don't see an accessories menu under settings.

That is probably on on international or the dual SIM model. I don't have that either.
    08-31-2015 01:51 PM
    IF you tried it in another outlet in another room and it said fast charging (which is what I think you are saying in EDIT IV) then it could be an issue with your outlet.

My house was built in the 1960s, and there is one room downstairs where the outlets are a different color (much older) than the rest of the house and my phone won't quick charge there. It quick charges fine everywere else.
    That's what I was thinking but I tried using the fast charger at work (in a power strip) with the Samsung head and 6ft cord I got from Amazon and it didn't work, but the Samsung head and the included 3ft cord worked fine with it.

It just seems hit or miss unless I'm using the Aukey charger + 6 ft cable.
    09-01-2015 02:38 AM
    Something going on with my s6+ I'm thinking about exchanging the phone tomorrow (tmobile)

09-01-2015 03:18 AM
    I have a problem with the cable that came with my note 5. I used my old note 4 charger and it shows "fast charge assist" or whatever but when use the new cable that came with the phone im getting that "slow charging notification". It must be defective.

09-01-2015 08:42 AM
    I have a problem with the cable that came with my note 5. I used my old note 4 charger and it shows "fast charge assist" or whatever but when use the new cable that came with the phone im getting that "slow charging notification". It must be defective.

You can call Samsung and do a return on the entire charger and they will send you a new one.
    09-01-2015 08:46 AM